Another Capri Stolen....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Another Capri Stolen....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

This 280 Capri was stolen in the early hours of Monday 27th August from the driveway of a house in Sonning Common Village, Oxfordshire whilst the owner was away :( :( :( The family have posted it up on facebook and want as many people to know to keep an eye

ImageFB_IMG_1535556175488 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Another Capri Stolen....

Following on from this, just been chatting to Jason tonight and he has had a bit of a close call himself. Will let him tell you guys what actually happened as be rude of me to do it, but basically his Capri attracted a bit too much attention than normal but he has it all under control :)

Jason I will let you tell the forum mate as only fair mate :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So yes Nicks right I went out for a run yesterday and about 9 miles away from home noticed a 4x4 following me , so like a plum I drove straight home I also did not put the Capri away I just used a cover down the drive . So this morning a knock on the door and Marie answed a bloke asked if the car under the cover was for sale . So it was strange for this to happen and all I will say the Capri is miles away and hidden in a garage now .

But from that to Nick posting a picture of his cat just back from the vets made me go out and buy a sound Bar for the TV what I will say it is the dogs bollocks .

Back to you Nick to explained that one . :beer:

Ps I never mention the fish and chips mate :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Had this with my saph in the past I take them on a merry little tour, im always looking around
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jason, as said mate glad all is ok fella and appropriate actions have been taken ;) ;) ;)
Jasonmarie wrote:But from that to Nick posting a picture of his cat just back from the vets made me go out and buy a sound Bar for the TV what I will say it is the dogs bollocks .

Back to you Nick to explained that one . :beer:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Jason seen a pic I posted on fb of the cat after his visit to the vets and he was drawn to my hi fi set up in the background and one thing led to another and then a big chat began about turntables, amps, loudspeakers, vinyl records, music we were into in the 80's...think you get the general idea....

Sooo, I told him I got some great Q-Acoustic Floor Standing Loudspeakers, with a Project Turntable and Cambridge Audi AMP and then I went into fine detail of tonearms, stylus, speaker cable. bi-wirng...anyone still awake :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :wave: :lol:

Sooooooo. Jason began to feel a bit sad as he had a great hi fi packed away in the loft and how he missed the quality of sound his loudspeakers gave off so he wanted to treat himself to a quality soundbar for his tv set up to replace the 'ok' Panasonic one he had.

Sooooooooooo Low and Behold I get a picture and him telling me proudly that he has just treated himself to the Q-Acoustic M2 Soundbar which he says is " OMG !! its so good and the sound is amazing" !!

Sooooooooooooooooooo there you have it good people of the forum. How a pic of a cat with a plastic cone around his head can somehow persuade a fully grown man to go out and buy a new Q-Acoustic Sound Bar :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo I guess you all want to see the picture that resulted in Jason now happily enjoying his new soundbar….

Image2018-08-29_09-59-25 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Jasonmarie wrote:Ps I never mention the fish and chips mate :cool:
I don't know what you mean Jason...fish and chips ???.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image2018-08-29_10-01-22 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

:) :wave: :wave: :wave:

ps The cats visit to the vet had no connection to the "dogs bollocks" that Jason mentioned previously :)
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Jasonmarie wrote:So yes Nicks right I went out for a run yesterday and about 9 miles away from home noticed a 4x4 following me , so like a plum I drove straight home I also did not put the Capri away I just used a cover down the drive . So this morning a knock on the door and Marie answed a bloke asked if the car under the cover was for sale . So it was strange for this to happen and all I will say the Capri is miles away and hidden in a garage now .
Ouch... must be a little worrying I can imagine. Few weeks ago I was at a petrol station and a 4x4 with two chaps pulls up next to me. "How much would you sell that for" they go, "Nah I wouldn't sell it, enjoy driving it too much" I go. "£2k?" they go. Luckily it was a fair way from home at the time. I remember reading a post on the forum from a few years ago about being followed - luckily for me, the route I have to take to get home involves going 'round the block' as my street is a no right turn, so it would be pretty obvious if someone were following.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

tejb1 wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:So yes Nicks right I went out for a run yesterday and about 9 miles away from home noticed a 4x4 following me , so like a plum I drove straight home I also did not put the Capri away I just used a cover down the drive . So this morning a knock on the door and Marie answed a bloke asked if the car under the cover was for sale . So it was strange for this to happen and all I will say the Capri is miles away and hidden in a garage now .
Ouch... must be a little worrying I can imagine. Few weeks ago I was at a petrol station and a 4x4 with two chaps pulls up next to me. "How much would you sell that for" they go, "Nah I wouldn't sell it, enjoy driving it too much" I go. "£2k?" they go. Luckily it was a fair way from home at the time. I remember reading a post on the forum from a few years ago about being followed - luckily for me, the route I have to take to get home involves going 'round the block' as my street is a no right turn, so it would be pretty obvious if someone were following.
These could have been genuine enquires, but not the way I would have gone about it :?
Always have your wits about you and secure them as much as possible when you park them, preferably in a garage!

An XR3i was stolen from South Wales this week too :(
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes as everybody has said we do need to keep a eye out I was lucky that my neighbour has cctv so have the reg of the car and I have just told the truth to the police in a email and said it made me feel uneasy .
But she can have a rest until October for MOT and the winter lay up again .

Back to young Nick yes he really helped me out with a sound bar as I had a Q Acoustic speaker on my old tv back in 2006 when they first stated bunisness and two years ago I got a new 4K Panasonic Tv but the sound is rubbish so just got a Panasonic sound bar . Yes ok but was just missing so much sound .

But now my living room sounds like I am at the cinema .

Cheers nick ps (we might have gone of topic a bit )

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: So this morning a knock on the door and Marie answed a bloke asked if the car under the cover was for sale .
Did he realise it is "just" a 2 litre? :poke: :lol: :whistle:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote: So this morning a knock on the door and Marie answed a bloke asked if the Capri under the cover was a 2.8 injection or 3.0S ?
Did he realise it is "just" a 2 litre? :poke: :lol: :whistle:

Andrew.
Read Jasons quote again Andrew :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

:D :D :D
You are both right as they always say that there Great aunt or sisters dog had a 3.0s or something else that none of us have heard of .

Could say he knock because he wanted to borrow the cement in the boot :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote::D :D :D
You are both right as they always say that there Great aunt or sisters dog had a 3.0s or something else that none of us have heard of .

Could say he knock because he wanted to borrow the cement in the boot :D
:lol: Or maybe he had some paving slabs he wanted to get rid of :wave:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Image2018-08-29_09-59-25 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
He/she doesn't look very happy to be wearing that lampshade.....
You'd better sleep with one eye open when it's taken off! :)

Andrew.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I was fitting a new battery in mine the other day in the drive when I looked up and noticed the traffic had ground to a halt outside. Someone in a Citroen Picasso had just stopped dead outside the house with cars backing up behind him, staring at the Capri. I stared back at him for half a minute or so then the window opened and he asked how much I'd sell it for. I shouted back a figure that was a bit more than it owes me and said it would have to be cash at which point he just drove off. Odd behavior as surely if the bloke was genuinely interested he would have parked and wandered over for a chat. Not sure if he was dodgy or just a bit of a chancer who thought he was brighter than most and hoped I was a mug who'd be giving it away for peanuts.

If I see him again I'l ask him how he would feel about someone knocking on his door out of the blue asking how much he'd sell his house for. :wank:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Has anybody seen my pussy.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Not_Anumber wrote:Odd behavior as surely if the bloke was genuinely interested he would have parked and wandered over for a chat.
You would think so, but there are some strange people around :shock:
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Has anybody seen my pussy.
Showing your age Paul :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I was going to do the pussy joke but just could not get the right words if you know what I mean .
Yes I do wonder if some of these people just watch to many USA car programmes and try it on ? :beer:
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

pbar wrote:Has anybody seen my pussy.
Im pretty sure what she actually said was "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt ?"
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Not_Anumber wrote: