Lowering pictures....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Lowering pictures....

Post by sheff »

That looks so much better Nick. Hopefully get to see it in the flesh at the Ace meet :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote:Great job that Nick, the car sits just right now all round
Thanks Andy :)
andyd wrote:Amazing some bodges that are done and so often go unnoticed until a professional looks at it :?
Tickover certainly know their stuff :D
Yep, I have owned B112 over 10yrs now Andy and I am still finding bodges !!! But one by one I am undoing them and now my attention has turned to the underneath of B112 i am not ruling out anymore :lol:
Those 'odd' leaf springs were shocking though but Clive at Tickover was not so shocked as he sees alot of 90's bodges coming through their doors !!! Just so glad to have the peace of mind all the crap stuff has now gone and now replaced by quality parts that have deffo made a massive difference to the stance and really improved the handling...but I still think there is more to be improved. Next up is dropping out the axle and prop to have Tickover refurbish them....watch this space :wave: :lol:

Cheers Andy
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:Fantastic Nick, what a result. Transforms the look of the car (& the handling by the sounds of it). A great job done by a professional team. Enjoy mate :cheers:
Thanks very much Rob. Its been niggling me for ages how high B112 sat up at the back and I was convinced it sat lobsided at the rear and now I know why !! Mate I am overjoyed to say the least how much it has transformed the car !

Rob Tickover really do know their stuff and really friendly too and they keep very good stocks on their shelves upstairs in their workshop. No wonder you have to book your Capri into them weeks in advance !

All in all money that I had been saving up for a while but really well spent in a few hours :lol:

Thanks again Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Really looks good now Nick and sits right yes they really know there stuff there also they have the small extra bits that you needed , i can’t belive you had odd springs on and that was not picked up in the MOT but perhaps they don’t check things like that
Cheers Jason. I eas going to bring the old springs back with me and clean them up and offer them up here but jeepers they were only fit for the metal yard so I left them for the guys to get sone scrap value from them.

Re the MOT...maybe they looked ok to the untrained eye but under closer inspection I might have been in trouble !!

Gus could tell they were afternarket within 10secs after a quick crouch when I arrived :lol:

Hope your new steering rack has made a difference to your Capri Jason. This is one of the jobs I still to tick off with the guys at Tickover :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Your car looks superb, the team at Tickover did a really good job there. 8-)
Cheers Andrew :D :D

Now I been to Tickover I will deffo be going back there for those bigger jobs from now on. Nice little 45min drive too so very easy to get to them and as said very decent brothers !!

Andrew I was really impressed with Jasons Laser. Its lovely and is a credit to him !!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bertie wrote:Well that has made a real positive difference Nick, in other words it looks fantastic and no doubt will improve again once everything has settled in. Sounds like you were really pleased with the ride home and bet you couldn't get the smile off your face knowing you... Well done tickover :cool:
Thanks Des :)

Yep I was smiling the whole way back even though B112 was bleedin filthy from the TickoverWorkshop but it was worth it for sure !! :lol: Someone spotted me and posted up a pic of me on the M25 on a facebook group called Ford Whores :lol: Kris told me he seen it !!!

All the best Des. You must be counting down the days to completion of your 2.8i Special mate now . Its looking absolutely STUNNING mate. The forum are in for one hell of a treat when you get a chance to post up some updates here. I am blessed to have been able to keep up with it on fb with Steves pics he has posted along the way with yours as well !!

Nice one Des !!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

fordperv wrote:That looks a hell of a lot better I bet your glad you had it done now, bet it goes around corners better now as well, when are the engine mods coming to make the most of the new found handling :whistle:
Cheers fella. Yep wish I had done it ages ago tbh but had so much on the to do list this one I had to save up for :)

Ermmm think I have engine mods on the to do list somewhere mate.... :o :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:Looks great Nick. Glad you're happy with it. Bet it drives really well now.

Looking forward to seeing it at the Ace.
Thanks very much Paul.

Yep I am really looking forward to catching up at The Ace with you too mate....maybe actually see you driving up in your Laser ???....no pressure :lol: :lol:

Hope all is good with you Paul :)

All the best mate
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff50ish wrote:Wow, what with your new wheels n tyres and those freshly painted drums, that is one transformed ride you have there fella. Brilliant result!!! I will miss that 1970’s look at the back end though!!! :xd: :xd: :xd: I bet your happy you got that exhaust up a bit too earlier this year now.... We’ll chuffed for you Nick. Looking forward to the next Convoy already.
Cheers John !

Fella 'that' Sun you popped round a few months back and we had that conversation about setting up my capri's suspension/wheels was deffo the catalyst to getting me where I am now. Thanks for helping me spend sooooo much money mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho thanks mate. I would have only gone and wasted the money on home improvements....just dont tell Siobhan :shock: :shock: :lol:

Yep that job we did raising the exhaust while we were refitting it after doing the core plug had deffo paid dividends now mate !! Great thinking at the time John :applaud:

Now....the next convoy....cant wait !! :wave:

Cheers John
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey chaps....I just realised i had already replied to all your kind comments ! I thought I had not done so :oops:

Cant say that I am not gratefull :)

I will put it down to Another 'Nick moment' :wave: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

A bit late on the scene but that looks good Nick, glad the expectation did not disappoint :D
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:A bit late on the scene but that looks good Nick, glad the expectation did not disappoint :D
Thanks very much Peter. Yep as per our chat at Deal I was hoping it would look as I hoped and it most certainly does, full credit to Tickover :)