Not a Capri......

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Not a Capri......

Post by andyd »

tazla wrote:Ooooooh i bet that shifts.
Yep!! Did you see the video link in the ad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieu1amHyBaY

Not seen the car in person, but I have spoken to Ryz who did the work on it.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Subtle change :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Subtle change
Hi Andy,
It looks superb as ever......but I was never any good at spot the difference. Have you 'done a Nick' and fitted 15" wheels? :)

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Have you 'done a Nick' and fitted 15" wheels? :)

Andrew.
:cheers: :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking nice as normal but what have you done ? The exhaust tip looks new or you have given the car a great polish . Weather really hot here at the moment as I am wanting to try my new wax .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Looking nice as normal but what have you done ? The exhaust tip looks new or you have given the car a great polish . Weather really hot here at the moment as I am wanting to try my new wax .
Series 1 RS Turbo 15" wheels fitted this morning with new 195 50 15 tyres :D

Yes hot here too, not polished just a microfibre cloth to remove a little dust then back in garage.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Series 1 RS Turbo 15" wheels fitted this morning with new 195 50 15 tyres :D
Nice! Are the RST wheels a silmilar offset to the originals? What brand tyres did you go for?

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Series 1 RS Turbo 15" wheels fitted this morning with new 195 50 15 tyres :D
Nice! Are the RST wheels a silmilar offset to the originals? What brand tyres did you go for?

Andrew.
Morning Andrew,
The offset is 35 against 41 for standard wheels.

Went for Autogrip Tyres again. Although not the best reviews if you look for them, I had them on the standard Sierra wheels for 1000 miles and had no problems at all on dry or occasional wet roads. I think if you drive fast especially in the wet they wouldn't be the best choice, but I don't so they suit my needs :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Just found this from July 2017 after a light summer shower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkJu089KSc
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Just found this from July 2017 after a light summer shower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkJu089KSc
Wow, that looks great, Andy!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Just found this from July 2017 after a light summer shower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkJu089KSc

Andrew.
:cheers: Andrew,
Andys 4i too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9bZabvC02w
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looks nice Andy but did you notice the bloke doing the video had a dog , that’s not the one that did it’s mark ? :xd:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Looks nice Andy but did you notice the bloke doing the video had a dog , that’s not the one that did it’s mark ? :xd:
No traces of anything left at this one JM :D

This year it was good to hear the guy on the PA system telling visitors to respect the cars on show and make sure their dogs were under control :cheers: Obvious to most people I know, but not everyone :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That is good they do that over the tannoy system , funny at the ace we could not all park together and we all went over to my car and left my dad with Nicks , Toms and Steve’s to look after the capris . What are we like all of us .

This is something we should all get .....

Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
:agree: Very nice :applaud:
Jasonmarie wrote:This is something we should all get .....

Liking the fence :cheers: . (nice subtle body kit, especially that rear spoiler, you'd hardly notice it :D ).
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Lovely Sierra, bud...... I'm toying with a Sierra or mk5 Cortina as my daily while the Capri gets built.
Used to have a P100 pickup and fancy another before the RS tax takes hold..... :ford:
andyd

Post by andyd »

timfromull wrote:Lovely Sierra, bud...... I'm toying with a Sierra or mk5 Cortina as my daily while the Capri gets built.
Used to have a P100 pickup and fancy another before the RS tax takes hold..... :ford:
Thanks Tim :D

Good Idea! Mine could easily be used everyday, and as Fords go the Sierra is still a relatively cheap option.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Thanks to a third party friend, last week I was given the contact details to a company that is involved in public relations,media relations, digital and social media, photography and video etc.
They had eventually decided they required an 80's Ford ideally an XR3, to use on a local photoshoot showing what essential items a girl in the 80's would have taken to university (type writer, books, board games, music cassettes, radio/cassette, tennis racket etc) compared with some of todays items,(Laptop, mobile phone,etc etc) and a car from each era. After a quick phone call it was decided that my car would suit the job :D
Here are a couple of pics from this morning. You should be able to click on the images twice to enlarge them and see my boot half full with items, more so in the first pic....
Imageprivate image hosting
Their close friend and neighbour has a 1977 Red RS2000 but they thought it too 'sporty' for this shoot.....
It turns out I also know the car and owner, so I will make sure he knows I stole his 'job' next time I see him :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
That's great!
I often wonder how cars get to be used in adverts, magazine features and the like. It sounds like you were in the right place at the right time!
A bit of a kick in the teeth that they didn't consider your XR to be sporty though...…

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
That's great!
I often wonder how cars get to be used in adverts, magazine features and the like. It sounds like you were in the right place at the right time!
A bit of a kick in the teeth that they didn't consider your XR to be sporty though...…

Andrew.
The third party friend knew I was in the 'XR Posse' hence my involvement.

I would have thought their original XR3 choice was more sporty looking than the RS2000 :? They obviously wanted the 'Sleeper' look after all :D

Anyway, all part of the fun with these cars :cheers:

**Car now sold!!**