Tickover Lowering Day !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Lowering Day !

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps.

Am lying on the grass in a park in Dartford right this min waiting for a call from Gus or Clive at Tickover. Dropped in B112 to them at 9am this morning to have alot of suspension work done. As soon as he seen B112 he said it was sitting high at the back. He said it had been fitted with aftermarket multi leaf springs as the sides of the springs were squared off and not rounded. Another new thing i learnt :)

He is fitting good quality single leafs all polybushed. I also recently bought some new front suspension struts to replace the old ones and these he is fitting with gaz shocks as they dont take the oil ones. He will set up the ride height so it sits nicer than it does now.

All very exciting and a tad nervous as never had such major surgery done to B112 since I owned ii. But boy its in safe hands. Tickover is an amazing little place with Capris everywhere...and a very nice Sierra too !

So fingers crossed if all goes well i should be driving home later in a capri with all new suspension sitting better but might have to wait for the new springs to settle in :)

And just had a call from Jason so gonna try go find him :lol:

All the best

Nick

STOP PRESS ! Just met with Jason and got a ride in his Capri as he too is having tickover do some work on it as well today so 2 forum capris at Tickover today :) We were both trying to figure out where we were as i was in some park somewhere in Dartford when he rang me :lol: but we managed to meet !! Wow ! Jasons Capri is absolutely stunning both inside and out !! Had a great chat with him and met his lovely wife Marie too. Great to have finally met you Jason. Roll on The Ace !!
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Tickover Lowering Day !

Post by andyd »

Look forward to pics of the car when done Nick :cheers:

:goodluck: to you and Jason today :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi nick,
The long wait is finally over! I eagerly await some photos..... :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Look forward to pics of the car when done Nick :cheers:

Thanks Andy. As said am having quite a bit of work done today. Glad I got my credit card......

Sitting by a lovely lake now with my flask of coffee and copy of Classic Ford awaiting the nod from the chaps at Tickover. Getting anxiously excited now...have veen to the toilet twice now :lol: :lol:

Andy, Jason is a top bloke and his Laser is such al credit to him. Its lovely !! Another forum member I have now met. One of the best thing about this forum is getting to actually meet up face to face 'capri bond' :lol: :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi nick,
The long wait is finally over! I eagerly await some photos..... :) .
Cheers Andrew.

Mate its been a long wait but am happy in the knowledge that B112 is in very safe hands with Tickover. Its an amazing little place tucked away down a lane !! Two guys at the top of their game with Capri's !

Pics of a new look B112 hopefully to follow later. TBH i really just want the gap under the rear arches to be tighter than before and the knowledge that new quality springs/shocks are been fitted is great :)

Cheers Andrew
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:

Thanks Andy. As said am having quite a bit of work done today. Glad I got my credit card......

Sitting by a lovely lake now with my flask of coffee and copy of Classic Ford awaiting the nod from the chaps at Tickover. Getting anxiously excited now...have veen to the toilet twice now :lol: :lol:

Andy, Jason is a top bloke and his Laser is such al credit to him. Its lovely !! Another forum member I have now met. One of the best thing about this forum is getting to actually meet up face to face 'capri bond' :lol: :D
I know the feeling my wallet has taken a battering recently :o (And another little tweak coming soon.....) :drama:

:agree: Always an anxious/exciting moment when the car is being worked on.

Glad Jason was to your liking :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes met up with young Nick and his Capri looks better in the flesh we dropped mine off and they were still working on nicks but it will drive like new when it completed . Was going to text nick to see if he is on his way home but like me don’t have bluethooth in the capris .
Yes said to nick looking forward to our Capri ace cafe meet up , it’s good to meet up with fellow members as you can put a face to the Person . Think me and nick could have talked capris for days but that’s all of us on here .

So nice meeting up with nick hope you did not get to sunburnt around the lake ,and looking forward to the pictures mate . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
oldfords
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia Dressed as an "s"

Post by oldfords »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:

I also have sat by this lake in the sunshine with a coffee waiting for a call from Tickover when they did my 5 speed conversion....I can think of worse places to sit. :D
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Well?, come on Nick, don't keep us hanging ..

:drama: :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

oldfords wrote:I also have sat by this lake in the sunshine with a coffee waiting for a call from Tickover when they did my 5 speed conversion....I can think of worse places to sit. :D
Here you go Jeff :D

Image20180621_132049 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180621_131323 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:Well?, come on Nick, don't keep us hanging ..

:lol: I just posted a couple of pics up Rob. I bleedin started a new thread when I could have added them here :doh: :sorry:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Well?, come on Nick, don't keep us hanging ..

:lol: I just posted a couple of pics up Rob. I bleedin started a new thread when I could have added them here :doh: :sorry:
:lol: You were just making sure no one missed it weren't you.. It's looking stunning mate :applaud:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: You were just making sure no one missed it weren't you.. It's looking stunning mate :applaud:
:wave: :lol: :lol: