No matter how carefull and protective of ur car !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

No matter how carefull and protective of ur car !

Post by tazla »

My car had a full repaint and they did a fantastic job.ive garaged and made sure its been parked up away from other cars.pulled the car out the other day and shoved it in the extra parking bays until i nipped in the house.2 minuites.and a woman approaches me.ive nudged ur car.i said its ok,thinking its the wifes audi sports car .no she said its the silver one.fu--ing wounded is an understatement!.she nudged the bumper into the paintwork and scuffed through the laquer and damaged the paint.she had a turning space of bleeding 40 foot .anyways its booked in monday.ive had to get stripes made up.fix the bumper.new wing sticker etc.i hit her with a cheap bill for £250 and the cheeky git said .a bit pricey isnt it.pillock!.shes paid !
Image Image Image ive managed to get the curved stripe off so it can be remade.the straight stripes ive got.Image rant over :banghead:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: No matter how carefull and protective of ur car !

Post by Paul G »

Oh you could do without that Mel. Still, at least the lady was honest and let you know it was her that caused the damage.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nightmare Mel :banghead:

Hope it gets sorted for you.

:goodluck:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

What is wrong with people , saying that at least she did not drive of I live in a little village and sometimes people leave there Car outside in the road and they have been hit and nobody’s owns up .

Hope you get it sorted
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

OUCH !!!! :shock:

Sorry to hear this Mel, your heart must have sank when you first realised it was the Capri she was talking about !!! That must have been a long 30sec walk to go check it to see how bad her "nudge" actually was. Its great its all in hand mate and being sorted. Yep I think your £250 was a very reasonable price you asked her to cough up too Mel. Some would have taken the piss and charged way over the odds so fair play to you sir !

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

How did she damage the car in two places which look about 12" apart :?

Hope it's sorted for RS Day!
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers chaps.
I dont know andy???.
When i finished the resto i took the car to a garage so they could check it all over and mot it.which they did.i got the car home and they had chipped the rear panel.3mm chip.totally denied it :banghead: so thats being done and the front chin spoiler as well.it splits into two and i had one side done as i caught it.and it didnt quite match.thats been bugging me.so £300 total.itl be mint ready for the next time :roll: they said they will match it or dont pay.we will see.the bumper isnt bent ,its the bracket behind so its an easy fix.they look the part and use an oven so should be good.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Mel,
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. Yes, the woman has admitted blame and paid up, but it would have been better if she'd been more careful in the first place.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Any news on the repair Mel?

Not quite as devastating, but caught a dog owner watching it p*ss on my front wheel at a show last Sunday :swear:
How i didn't say something I don't know :headscratch: Probably the fact only a total :wank: would let his animal do it.....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Any news on the repair Mel?

Not quite as devastating, but caught a dog owner watching it p*ss on my front wheel at a show last Sunday :swear:
How i didn't say something I don't know :headscratch: Probably the fact only a total :wank: would let his animal do it.....
Your sign says "look but don't touch", and technically the dog didn't actually touch your car.......
Seriously though, that is unforgivable and shows a total lack of respect. On the part of the dog and the owner!
I went to a car show the other weekend (photos to follow) and the place was awash with dogs. I can't even understand why people take them to car shows, if they are not kept under strict control they just get in the way and generally annoy people.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Your sign says "look but don't touch", and technically the dog didn't actually touch your car.......
Seriously though, that is unforgivable and shows a total lack of respect. On the part of the dog and the owner!
I went to a car show the other weekend (photos to follow) and the place was awash with dogs. I can't even understand why people take them to car shows, if they are not kept under strict control they just get in the way and generally annoy people.

Andrew.
When I got home and told the Mrs about it, she was amazed I didn't shout at him :lol: Wish I had now though.

Dogs on short leads are ok as many shows request this, but extendable leads are a pain.
The week before I had something resembling dog 'p' on the back wheel :doh:

The next time it happens I will be saying something to the owner if I see them. Dogs have to be trained and that is 100% down to the owners!
Ignorance and lack of common sense/manners are my true dislikes :roll:

Our cars are there for visitors enjoyment for the day, not to be damaged or abused!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Someone needs to invent a method of connecting wheels to a cattle electric fence device then when the dog cocks its leg it gets its balls blown off. Simple. This would also stop thieves knicking wheels too.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:

Someone needs to invent a method of connecting wheels to a cattle electric fence device then when the dog cocks its leg it gets its balls blown off. Simple. This would also stop thieves knicking wheels too.
:cheers: Paul
Maybe bypass the dog and get the owners in the balls if they are that stupid :)
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheeky twastard.id have kicked him int nuts.
I took the stripes off the wing and front bumper off.wing badge and wing sticker,and took the front spoiler off .theyre painting that as well.ive got stripes but the curved bit of it is being made for me.i managed to peel it off and stuck it on a piece card and tiok it to a sign writing place.
ImageImageImage new s sticker has come from dnb graphicsImage and car dropped off monday.not heard nowt yet but its cornwall so god knows when itl be finished Image soon as shes back and put back together il shove some pics up.hey thanks for asking :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Thanks for the update Mel.
Looks like you have it all in hand :D

Never really happy until my car is home and in my garage :(

:goodluck:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers andy.well the other day i was driving home from work and had a vision of the painters doughnutting my car.i think im going mad !,
I did a drive by ,and the cars been moved into the body shop. :drive:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Ive rubbed the bumper down and primed it while it was off.nowt wrong with it either.just bored :banghead:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

tazla wrote:Ive rubbed the bumper down and primed it while it was off.nowt wrong with it either.just bored :banghead:
If you're that bored, I'll drop mine off, they could do with a spruce up too :D
Good luck with the repair, it's a stunning car, be great to see it back to its former glory.
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers rob.drop it off pal :?
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cars not ready but the bumper is :? ImageImage and my wiper arm nuts have arrived.the originals got lost in the resto.so i put some nuts on but everytime i put the wipers on the plastic caps pinged off.so ive got the thin original ones to go on. :) theres always something :roll: