How Much!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: How Much!!

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote:Wouldn't the bushes be all fucked by this time though? And things seized?
Looking through the extra pics in the above link it all looks really good underneath etc, so I assume/hope the owner has maintained it even though not driven much......Tyres are original Dunlop D4, so of course it could be ALL original parts :?

It's a lovely car, but sad it hasn't been used more :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It would be interesting to know the back story behind this car. Obviously it's been bought from new with the intention of not using it, but who would do that?
I'd also love to know how much the dealer paid for it!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It would be interesting to know the back story behind this car. Obviously it's been bought from new with the intention of not using it, but who would do that?

Andrew.
:agree: It's a strange one Andrew :?

They could be selling it on behalf of the current owner, and a commission :?:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It would be interesting to know the back story behind this car. Obviously it's been bought from new with the intention of not using it, but who would do that?

Andrew.
Someone has obviously discovered time travel headed back and bought cars to sell in the present time
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Awsome machine. Seems a little expensive but I'd sooner own and drive that then any super car so its cheap by comparison I suppose. As said it can't really be used thoigh that's the problem and it will need bushes and tyres which stops it being what it is I mean it can but if you are wanting to use it you may as well buy another one. You could have one fully restored for below a third of that. Also with the 1600i there are two specs, the early one usually Y reg has some slightly different features including rear anti roll bar and they are the ones to have not the A reg. For its time with the fully adjustable suspension one of the best handling cars I have had when it's set up. I had mine with a modified engine 132bhp without turbo charging and it went like stink. Probably the only car I wish I never sold, swapped and 500 for a Rover GTi as I lost use of the garage. Mine was mint and I mean mint paid £2500 for it!! Right colour as well being sunburst. There are loads of cars in private collections that are never used. I have told this story before but there is a guy not far from me who has lots of boring stuff really that is brand new and not registered, he has a 2.0GL MK3 and a Cortina Crusader to name a few.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hi Mark,
:agree: Lovely cars as are other Mk3 variants.

Part of the fun of owning an older car is driving it, having people ask questions about it and bringing back memories to many people who owned one or wanted one way back when. You can't have that experience if it's locked away :?

A nice tidy car you can use on a nice day is a far better investment imo :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote:Hi Mark,
:agree: Lovely cars as are other Mk3 variants.

Part of the fun of owning an older car is driving it, having people ask questions about it and bringing back memories to many people who owned one or wanted one way back when. You can't have that experience if it's locked away :?

A nice tidy car you can use on a nice day is a far better investment imo :)
With you on this a car , I don’t think I could leave it alone if it was sitting in front of me .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: