As you were!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

As you were!

Post by Peter-S »

We picked up a new car at the weekend to replace the daily Toyota we've had for the last five years. Better spec, more gadgets and gizmos, a bit quicker, a bit more comfortable, really quiet etc etc. Drove it home a couple of hours and it seemed quite refined. I was a bit worried as yesterday I had to use the 2.0 Capri as a second car for the day and did around 100 mainly motorway miles - much noisier, bouncier, no toys but, refreshingly, rather more fun :D
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: As you were!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Something about the Capri that has that magic that a new car is missing .
Do I miss air con , cruise control , and a autobox . No not really .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Nice one Peter :applaud:

Glad you had a great drive in your Pinto mate :)

After driving your modern mobile there's nothing to beat getting into a proper car !
Peter-S wrote: I had to use the 2.0 Capri as a second car for the day and did around 100 mainly motorway miles
Bleedin Hell Peter....that's 10% of my annual mileage there fella. Where the dickens are you going 100 miles ? The Deal show weekend after next will be a monster round trip for me...might have to stop off about 5 times !
Hope I dont exceed my allowed mileage limit for the year :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Peter-S wrote: I had to use the 2.0 Capri as a second car for the day and did around 100 mainly motorway miles
Bleedin Hell Peter....that's 10% of my annual mileage there fella. Where the dickens are you going 100 miles ? The Deal show weekend after next will be a monster round trip for me...might have to stop off about 5 times !
Hope I dont exceed my allowed mileage limit for the year :lol:

All the best

Nick
Had to go to Maidstone Nick. Almost 50 miles each way and virtually dual carriageway door to door, gave me a chance to stretch the old girl's legs a bit. Possibly a bit more than you might have though :lol:
Thought Deal was close. Haven't had a chance to get the 2.8 out of hibernation yet as there's been so much to do with Mum's bungalow since last summer that those 'little' winter jobs that were planned are still waiting. Might try and come as a spectator again though.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Had to go to Maidstone Nick. Almost 50 miles each way and virtually dual carriageway door to door, gave me a chance to stretch the old girl's legs a bit. Possibly a bit more than you might have though :lol:
Thought Deal was close. Haven't had a chance to get the 2.8 out of hibernation yet as there's been so much to do with Mum's bungalow since last summer that those 'little' winter jobs that were planned are still waiting. Might try and come as a spectator again though.
Nice one Peter. Sounds like a cracking drive you had to Maidstone mate but I don't understand what you meant when you said..
Peter-S wrote:gave me a chance to stretch the old girl's legs a bit
Is this your way of saying you exceeded 60mph mate ? :shock: :wave: :lol:

Peter it would be really great if you can pop along to Deal again. It was brilliant chatting to you and your wife last year...after THAT storm !!! Hopefully you wont catch me drying off B112 again !! Surely the Gods wont put me through this again !!! Not checked the forecast yet :? :lol:
I have my pitch number and its A4 which from memory I think is the same as last year. I might be wrong and it could be up the far end but am sure I had a pitch in section A last year so hopefully should be parked up in a similar place. Either way hope to see you mate :)

Steve ( stish ) is also on the same pitch as me so two forum capris parked up pretty much next to each other. I am really looking forward to seeing Steve's 2.8i after that amazing paintwork restoration he had done. It looks absolutely stunning in the pictures he put up so really looking forward to chatting to him and being bleedin jealous as hell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deal is a 90 mile trip each way for me Peter so not too bad at all. Once I have crossed the Dartford Crossing its a nice drive down the M2/A2 to Deal. Should take me 1hr45 or so...depending on the speed :wave:

All the best mate and as said I hope to see you at Deal Sat week !

Cheers

Nick
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Is this your way of saying you exceeded 60mph mate ? :shock: :wave: :lol:
Thought I'd overdone it. Started the car this morning to a horrible metallic screeching noise. Should have listened to Nick I thought. ;)
However I soon traced the noise to the alternator and found that the nut on the end of the shaft holding the pulley on was not fully tight allowing it all to slip and screech. So easily sorted and ready to hit the road again :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote: So easily sorted and ready to hit the road again :D
Hopefully not exceeding 60mph Peter :wave: :lol:

Great when an issue is a simple fix Peter and thanks to the simplicity of the Pinto made even easier. On modern engines a 'fix" might be easy.....until you find you cant get to it without removing half the engine !!

Weather looking good for Deal on Sat Peter :)

All the best mate

Nick
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Weather looking good for Deal on Sat Peter :)
Fingers crossed!

Do they let in cars that haven't pre-booked do you know?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Do they let in cars that haven't pre-booked do you know?
Peter Yep, I believe they do. Its £8 on the day and 'on the day' entrants must use entrance 'G' from 8am. Be great to see either the V6 or Pinto ! Cheers mate :)