Spare wheel

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Spare wheel

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Yep, had to be done...I bought a fifth 7x15 with Yokohama ES32 195 50 15 to have as a spare so I now have five :)

I will have to adapt the boot floorboard now to take the bigger wheel in the boot well... but it will be worth it, especially when I open the boot at shows :lol:

Image20180504_160505 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Spare wheel

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
I will have to adapt the boot floorboard now

:D
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Don't worry about boot floors, get yourself a Vulcan Maxiflow2 head pronto.... I'm gonna never stop :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

A spare 15” Wheel yes it’s got to be done what you need is a clear persplex so people can see it in the boot . Your be going 2.1 pinto soon ? :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: what you need is a clear persplex so people can see it in the boot
Hmmm...funny you should say this Jason....have you been talking to John at The Nationals :lol: :lol:

Watch this space..............
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

SmokeEm wrote:Don't worry about boot floors, get yourself a Vulcan Maxiflow2 head pronto.... I'm gonna never stop :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Do you want me to send you some more signed blank cheques Uncle Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Nick,

I didn't say a word!!! Now't to do with me.... Cheers,

John...
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
SmokeEm wrote:Don't worry about boot floors, get yourself a Vulcan Maxiflow2 head pronto.... I'm gonna never stop :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Do you want me to send you some more signed blank cheques Uncle Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll get one for around the same cost as 5x15" 4 spokes Nick - WHEN you do, you will realise it's the greatest thing you could ever spend your hard earned loot on... (Although you will still need a cam kit but thats a mere formality lol)

Think of the benefits - no more lead subsistute, no VSR, much more POWER!!!!! :applaud:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Fordoholic Nick wrote:I will have to adapt the boot floorboard now to take the bigger wheel in the boot well... but it will be worth it, especially when I open the boot at shows :lol:
It's the same situation in the 2.8. Just get some 1"x1" timber to go around the underside of the wooden boot floor, and it might be a good idea to use some of this felt tape to prevent it scratching the paintwork.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Purpose- ... SwUH5aXiPz

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

No John did not say anything about the spare it’s just something I would do to really show them wheels of , I did spot in the mk2 Capri I was parked next to he had a light in the boot with a switch so I was going to look Out for one so I could leave the boot open with out the light coming on .
I have seen a Capri with the boot wheel on display and it look really good .

Look forward to this project .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Taff50ish wrote:I didn't say a word!!! Now't to do with me....
Jasonmarie wrote:No John did not say anything about the spare
:lol: :lol: Sounds like I have a dark secret that could get me banished as an outcast from this forum... :lol:

Jason, great minds think alike fella which is why I was saying how funny it was you mentioned this. I was only just saying to John weekend before last it would be a shame to have such a nice 7x15 4-spoke spare wheel hidden away underneath a wooden floorboard ! I was pondering a way to replace the wooden floorboard with a transparent one of some sort just as you say to show off the wheel and surrounding area. I was thinking like you of a Perspex material of some kind cut to shape to replace the original floorboard so when the tailgate is open you can see through into a "land not normally seen" without the hassle of having to remove the floorboard every time.

There is a material that John mentioned very like Perspex less likely to scratch that I am considering. You can get a sheet cut to shape. I might get onto the carpet supplier that Paul (pbar) told us about, where I bought my carpets, to make me a boot carpet without the fasteners so I can just lay this on top of the transparent board for general use then just whip it out when I go to a show ??? Sounds like a great idea don't it ?? Please back me up mate as I think I may be in trouble here otherwise :shock: :shock: :lol:

I would of course still keep the original floorboard and adapt this as Andrew has said with some strips of 1"x1".

This "project transparent" is just a little something I might give a go and see where it takes me................
Andrew 2.8i wrote:it might be a good idea to use some of this felt tape to prevent it scratching the paintwork.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Purpose- ... SwUH5aXiPz
Thanks Andrew. Nice one ! Mate I was only just looking at my board last night and was wondering about where to get that felt tape stuff to fit to the underside of the 1"x1" strips. Thanks for this link fella. Nice one ;)

Anyway chaps this project is only in the early stages but I will keep you posted of any updates...if any at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

SmokeEm wrote:You'll get one for around the same cost as 5x15" 4 spokes Nick - WHEN you do, you will realise it's the greatest thing you could ever spend your hard earned loot on... (Although you will still need a cam kit but thats a mere formality lol)

Think of the benefits - no more lead subsistute, no VSR, much more POWER!!!!! :applaud:
Ermmm....Cripes thanks for the advice Dave... :o ... :shock:... :cigar:...must dash fella... :wave:... :burnout:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes it does sound great I was thinking perhaps MDF board with the wheel circle cut out and put a round perplex circle ⭕️ then carpet the MDF with a nice grey carpet ( like our mats ) and then it would be on show and just put a Matt over the top for when your not showing .

It does sound good and would look really nice . And as I always say if you don’t like it it’s easy to put back .

Try Martin as he might have a old boot cover going cheap that you can jigsaw the hole in .

Quick edit

Something like this with out the speakers would look really good .