7x13 wheels gone to a very good home...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

7x13 wheels gone to a very good home...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Sadly and with a heavy heart I have had to let my lovely 7x13 4-spokes go to a new home after my recent purchase of the 7x15's. I was going to advertise them both here and on facebook for sale but Des (bertie) got in touch when he heard I was thinking of selling them as he wanted some for his 3.0S so very gladly he is now the new owner of them and boy do they look absolutely stunning on his 3.0S.

The best part was driving up the M1 to meet up with Des early yesterday morning up near Derby where he collected them from me. It was brilliant to catch up with Des. Last time we met was at Beaulieu a few years back so we had a proper good chat ! He has been so busy with his 2.8i Special resto and now a lovely 3.0S. The 2.8i Special is going to be something very very special indeed !!!

He fitted the wheels to his 3.0S today and they look bleedin stunning as I am sure you will all agree...

ImageFB_IMG_1525708086387 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

How good do they look on his Black 3.0S ! Wow !!!!! Neil you wondering how they might look on your Black 2.8i well here you go fella....

Anyway I am really pleased that the wheels have gone to a good home. Cheers Des !! :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: 7x13 wheels gone to a very good home...

Post by andyd »

Well done chaps, you worked out a good deal between you there :applaud: They really suit the 3.0S :D

:goodluck:
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
ImageFB_IMG_1525708086387 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

How good do they look on his Black 3.0S ! Wow !!!!! Neil you wondering how they might look on your Black 2.8i well here you go fella....

Anyway I am really pleased that the wheels have gone to a good home. Cheers Des !! :)

All the best

Nick
Yeah they do look good Nick... I'll definately go for a set of those in the 15" diameter.

Now I just need to convince someone with a set of 15" wheels to upgrade theirs to 17" :D

All the best
Neil
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
What a stroke of luck that Des was in the market to buy a set of wheels just as you upgraded yours.
Des' black 3.0S looks stunning anyway but those wheels are the icing on the cake.

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Great morning meeting up with Nick and catching up on all things Capri.... I knew the wheels would be good but these are like new so a huge thank you for the kind words and brilliant wheels :D :beer:

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:Now I just need to convince someone with a set of 15" wheels to upgrade theirs to 17" :D
Hmmm...don't know who you are referring to Neil :) but give me a call in a couple of weeks fella as I have just been looking at these 17" deep dishes that fordperv showed me the other day...

https://s20.postimg.cc/wdhamfre5/089.jpg

Hmmm...should I go for the 7x17" at £387 each or treat myself to some 14.5 x 17" at £517 each without the tyres...hmmmm....metinks some modifications might be required for these beasts :shock: :shock: :shock: ... :lol: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Well done chaps, you worked out a good deal between you there :applaud: They really suit the 3.0S :D
Yep could not have done a deal with a nicer gent than Des :) Was brilliant to see him again too Andy.
Andrew 2.8i wrote:What a stroke of luck that Des was in the market to buy a set of wheels just as you upgraded yours.
Des' black 3.0S looks stunning anyway but those wheels are the icing on the cake.
Yep it was perfect Andrew. As soon as Des asked after them it was always going to be a pleasure doing a deal with him. As said he is a gent !! Yep they do look absolutely stunning on his 3.0S don't they !! What a lovely Capri :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Bertie wrote:Great morning meeting up with Nick and catching up on all things Capri.... I knew the wheels would be good but these are like new so a huge thank you for the kind words and brilliant wheels :D :beer:

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
Hi Des,
They look great, and rare to find a set of wheels with no kerb damage :cheers:
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

They look fantastic against the black paintwork.....
Blacks such a good colour for the Capri :wub:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I will say that the wheels do really look the Dogs B on a black Capri . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: