MOO 732V 3.0 Ghia

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Lez1962
Car(s): Currently driving vw touareg but Drive a Capri 3.0 ghia

Re: MOO 732V 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lez1962 »

Cheers Rob, the interior is a nice place to be the Ghia seats are very comfy and the smell of Leather is the best, the Touareg next to her is actually mine lol :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Les,
That looks fantastic :applaud: Is it the same colour as before or a little lighter now :?

Andy
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
( By the way, your neighbor may need a hand finding his head in the boot of his Touareg, it appears to have fallen off ..)
Maybe his head is ok and it's the rest of him that fell out of the car :)
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hello Andy, well spotted there yes unfortunately it’s lighter and it’s bugging me if I’m honest, the body shop said and I quote ‘ we used the code you sent up’ thing is I sent a wet sample up with her and they never used it.
Their solution is to paint the top of my inner wings to match :oops: I don’t think so.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

That's a stunning looking car Les. Nice colour and I love the interior.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lez1962 wrote:Hello Andy, well spotted there yes unfortunately it’s lighter and it’s bugging me if I’m honest, the body shop said and I quote ‘ we used the code you sent up’ thing is I sent a wet sample up with her and they never used it.
Their solution is to paint the top of my inner wings to match :oops: I don’t think so.
TBH, I like the current colour, but the whole car has to be the same including all of the engine bay.

:goodluck:
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andy, the only offer I’ve had is free transportation up and down paint the inner wing tops oh and replace the headliner they tore.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lez1962 wrote:Hi Andy, the only offer I’ve had is free transportation up and down paint the inner wing tops oh and replace the headliner they tore.
What's wrong with people :doh: Its not a 3 year old reps car that's painted for insurance purposes, its a survivor car that deserves the best especially when you are paying big ££ for the privilege. Do these people really care enough :roll:

I can see the difference between inner wings and bodywork now I have looked closer. Obviously the WHOLE CAR needs to be the same colour.

Hang in there Les, the car looks great but needs to be correct.

:goodluck:

Andy
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Cheers Andy apparently the paint shop does a lot of work with bmw and Lamborghini I bet they get the right shade for those.
As you say if it was original paint that had faded etc I’d be more forgiving but it’s fresh and lives in a garage so doesn’t even get weathered. But to actually admit they didn’t even try to match the shade to my wet sample is beyond belief.
Sorry rant over
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Les,
The car looks superb and I never tire of looking at that awesome retrim you did on the seats and interior.

Andrew.
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Post by tazla »

Your cars amazing!.ive got janspeeds and they dont half sound lovely. :)
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Thanks Andrew, thanks for the compliment on my interior with her being a Ghia the seats are just a bit comfortable and the smell of Leather and exhaust fumes is a touch intoxicating lol. Next time we get a dry day I’ll take some more inside pics for you
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi tazla, thanks for the compliment, she had sportex on but it droned at motorway speed so changed to the janspeeds still loud on full throttle but not too bad on the motorway
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Well I’ve spoken to a solicitor today about moo it seems I have to just deal with the problem or pay for a re paint in the correct shade because it was painted by a company in Edinburgh. A company that apparently prides itself on the quality and standard of workmanship it does. I’ve had a good look around moo and I can say this in all honesty I wouldn’t let them paint a toy car let alone a classic. I know they didn’t colour sand her, or worst of all get the correct shade.
So if any of you south of the border are tempted to go north to get any work done my advice is don’t do it.
I’m bitterly disappointed with the outcome and total lack of communication between me the guy that did the prep work and the so called paint shop.
Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest :oops:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lez1962 wrote:Well I’ve spoken to a solicitor today about moo it seems I have to just deal with the problem or pay for a re paint in the correct shade because it was painted by a company in Edinburgh. A company that apparently prides itself on the quality and standard of workmanship it does. I’ve had a good look around moo and I can say this in all honesty I wouldn’t let them paint a toy car let alone a classic. I know they didn’t colour sand her, or worst of all get the correct shade.
So if any of you south of the border are tempted to go north to get any work done my advice is don’t do it.
I’m bitterly disappointed with the outcome and total lack of communication between me the guy that did the prep work and the so called paint shop.
Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest :oops:
Hi Les,
I think you have every right to rant mate!! I feel really sorry for you :(

Professional bodywork and painters should be just that, you still have to pay the quoted price regardless, (maybe that's the problem only pay when completely satisfied)..... Seems you can't take anyones word nowadays :banghead:

:goodluck: with your future plans for MOO.

Andy
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Cheers Andy,
Problem is I can’t hit out or get to them at all it’s sooooooo frustrating to the point I’m toying with just getting rid and packing the whole classic stuff up
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lez1962 wrote:Cheers Andy,
Problem is I can’t hit out or get to them at all it’s sooooooo frustrating to the point I’m toying with just getting rid and packing the whole classic stuff up
Bloody horrible dilemma as it's meant to be a joyful time not a major f***up :doh:

I have experienced a :turd: paint job on a previously unpainted original XR3i. I part exchanged it as it was ruined and I couldn't stand looking at it ;)

It can be sorted but it's all money :doh: :doh:
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andy,
It’s just the more I look the more bits I find plus they tore my headliner, they sent another down but I think stevie wonder chose it as guess what even that’s the wrong colour.
I love the car but all this shit is just bugging the life out of me and to find out there’s not much I can do is just heartbreaking
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Les,
Sorry to hear about the paintshop troubles you've had. I can see why You'd be disheartened but I think you'd regret it if you got rid of MOO.

Andrew.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andrew, I’ll keep her for now but I’m very disappointed with how I’ve been treated over the matter it’s as if the guy that took the job on and the paintshop don’t care once they’re paid if I’m totally honest I wish I’d never got he redone. As I’ve said before I think the only recourse I have is to annoy them both on Facebook etc