new wheels fiited

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

new wheels fiited

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Had a great day today. B112 passed mot and I finally fitted the new 7x15" wheels ! I am really really happy with them. They look very nice indeed !! After fitting all four I was really pleased with how they looked. They really have more presence about them indeed which the pics might show but even better in the flesh !! Lovely wheels and with the Yokohama 195 50 15 tyres they do look as good as I was hoping they would...phew :lol:

As I have now finally treated myself to these wheels now is also the perfect time to get B112 set up just as I have wanted for a while so I will very likely lower by 1.5 or 2" at the rear then see about the front afterwards when I see how it looks. Even without lowering the Capri these 15" wheels really do look very nice and have made an instant impact. I love em !!!!

Here's just a few pics chaps...

Image20180426_151802 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151806 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151810 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151436 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151427 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151400 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_151331 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_152117 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_160253 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180426_161005 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Sorry if I went a bit over the top with the pics chaps but just wanted to show them from different angles :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Re: new wheels fiited

Post by Pas28i »

Great looking wheels, still giving an original look, wouldn’t mind a set for mine!
Do you think they’d suit an injection special?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Pas28i wrote:Great looking wheels, still giving an original look, wouldn’t mind a set for mine!
Do you think they’d suit an injection special?
Thanks very much mate :)

I have always loved the 4-spokes. These 15's really are very nice.They are indeed my fav wheels and in my opinion these would indeed suit any Capri mate inc your injection special :D

I know wheels are a very personal thing though and some might think other. I seen Lasers with 7-spokes that look stunning so why not a 2.8i Special with these 4-spokes especially being 7x15 ! If you did decide to buy some of these you wont be disappointed mate !!!

All the best

Nick
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Looks great Nick :wub: And now with the JBW centre caps it finishes them off :D

The ride height looks fine, but if you wanted to lower the rear slightly I understand why.....

Are you selling your 13's now and do you still have the original wheels?

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
The wheels look gorgeous! 8-)
As you say, these new wheels have an immediate impact on the looks without lowering the car. If it was me, I'd use the car how it is now before taking the decision to change anything else that may affect the quality of the ride.

All the best,
Andrew.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Gorgeous. -1" front, 2" rear is what's needed next 8-)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Nick,
The wheels look gorgeous! 8-)
As you say, these new wheels have an immediate impact on the looks without lowering the car. If it was me, I'd use the car how it is now before taking the decision to change anything else that may affect the quality of the ride.

All the best,
Andrew.
:agree: Andrew is right about affecting the way the car drives, it may improve cornering at loony mph (and may not) but it could affect so much more and there's extra cost and hassle to find that out anyway.

It looks great Nick.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

They do look good also you can see the Capri sits a little higher . Look forward to seeing it in the flesh . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

They look lovely :heart:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

They do look very good.... I'm almost tempted to drop my deep dish RS4's!!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Post by tazla »

Lovely .i want some now :banghead:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Looks great Nick :wub: And now with the JBW centre caps it finishes them off :D

The ride height looks fine, but if you wanted to lower the rear slightly I understand why.....

Are you selling your 13's now and do you still have the original wheels
Cheers Andy, Well spotted re the jbw centre caps...very observant mate :applaud:. The ones I had on the 13's were slightly nicer than the newer ones supplied with the wheels so I swapped them over :)
Yep the rear of B112 has always say pretty high compared to most Capri's I seen especially over the 13's so as I have invested all this money in the new wheels I might as well take this opportunity to set up the car as I have wanted to for a while. I really like the slightly lowered look on the Capri. Just my personal opinion of course but its one of those things that has niggled away at me for a long time and I just need to get it done to at least see for myself... but I reckon for sure I will really love its when done ! You know when you have thought about doing something for a while but not been brave enough to do it and never got around to it...well I am like that with this. Mate I most likely will be selling the four 13's with the falken 185 60 13 tyres. Wont be greedy on price but I do need to get some money back to offset the new wheels. I only have the spare original left. Think its on a Goodyear !!! I gave the others away to a good home :) Cheers Andy
Andrew 2.8i wrote:The wheels look gorgeous! 8-)
Thanks very much Andrew. Mate I get what you are saying but the rear of B112 really is quite high compared to a lot of other Capri's. I suspect the previous owner replaced the leafs before I bought it and as I don't exactly clock up loads of miles they are still sitting pretty high. Fitting these 15's has made a remarkable instant impact without a doubt mate but still leaving room for tweaking. Its just a personal thing Andrew that has always niggled me so having spent the wonga on these new wheels I feel I at least have to give it a go just to put my mind at ease. If it turns out how I picture it to then I will finally have the car set up just as I want with 15" wheels as well. I do really appreciate your comments though Andrew and its very much appreciated indeed. Hope we can still be friends if I lower B112 to the floor !!!! :lol: :lol:
Paul G wrote:Andrew is right about affecting the way the car drives, it may improve cornering at loony mph (and may not) but it could affect so much more and there's extra cost and hassle to find that out anyway.

It looks great Nick.
Hi Paul. Thanks very much for your comments and kind words . Always good to hear from you. Very much appreciated. Yep I know what you are saying as well mate that lowering could maybe affect the handling somewhat but tbh I still need to do this for myself if you know what I mean. Its either now or never and I aint getting any younger or smarter :lol: I don't have plans to lower the fuck out of it but more a gentle 3" front and back....ONLY JOKING !!! :lol: Going to drop the rear 2" and have a look then most likely the front by a gentle 1". Absolute worst case is I will just have to undo what I have done if its not suitable but talking with a few guys who have they have not complained too much about the drive-ability. I only did 960 odd miles last year anyway :lol: I could put up with some issues like a firmer ride as I am usually the only one in the Capri. The wife prob wont notice as she always says its a rough ride anyway !!! Using the right front springs as Dave has said I could reduce the possibility of this somewhat. Paul you know I totally respect yours and Andrews advice but this has niggled me for so long just have to do it. Cheers mate :)
Jasonmarie wrote:They do look good also you can see the Capri sits a little higher . Look forward to seeing it in the flesh . :cool:
Cheers Jason. Our paths must cross at some stage this year ! Looking forward to seeing your lovely Laser too mate :)
fordperv wrote:They look lovely :heart:
Thanks fella. I almost did not want to fit them as I know they will get dirty but cant afford to have them as ornaments in the garage :lol:
D366Y wrote:They do look very good.... I'm almost tempted to drop my deep dish RS4's!!
Hey Danny, thanks mate ! You need to keep your 7.5's mate cause they really do look spot on !!! I was toying with these or the 15's but as I have thought of larger dia wheels for a while I could not resist. The way your Laser sits over your 7.5's is perfect. When you were in front of me and John last year we were commenting on how bleedin good your Capri looks on those wheels. BUT if you did decide to get 15's you wont be disappointed one bit and the choice of tyres is endless. Nice one Danny !
tazla wrote:Lovely .i want some now :banghead:
:lol: As said above you wont be disappointed mate. They are very nice indeed. Four spokes on steroids :lol: :lol:
SmokeEm wrote:Gorgeous. -1" front, 2" rear is what's needed next 8-)
Cheers Dave. Yep methinks this is the next step indeed mate. Rear 2" for certain than see how it sits but reckon on dropping the front a tad too just as you say 1". Watch this space dave....I might just shock you !!! :wave: :lol:

Once again everyone thank you for all your comments. All very well received and respected and when done I will report back on how it handles too.

All the best

Nick
fordperv

Post by fordperv »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
fordperv wrote:They look lovely :heart:
Thanks fella. I almost did not want to fit them as I know they will get dirty but cant afford to have them as ornaments in the garage :lol:

I know that one I have a custom offset set of lenso I had machined from blanks, for my sierra sat in my spare room being an ornament because it's not finished, bugs the life out of me when I look at them because of what they cost :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

fordperv wrote:I know that one I have a custom offset set of lenso I had machined from blanks, for my sierra sat in my spare room being an ornament because it's not finished, bugs the life out of me when I look at them because of what they cost :lol:
:lol:

Wow ! Those wheels sound amazing fella !!

Sorry shouldn't laugh. Must be driving you bonkers seeing them sat there. Whilst you wait for the Sierra to get done tho you should get a nice pane of heavy duty glass cut in an oval shape ( :ford: ) and gently rest it on your wheels (with ford beer mats on top of them as protection from the glass) so you can use it as a bespoke one off designer coffee table so at least you feel better about the cost and you get to enjoy looking at them all the time whilst watching your fav car shows :)

If you get a chance be great to see a picture of these wheels mate as they do sound superb :)

All the best

Nick
fordperv

Post by fordperv »

This is them on the car when I tried them on, went the custom offset route because I didn't want to run spacers to fill my arches

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

fordperv wrote:This is them on the car when I tried them on, went the custom offset route because I didn't want to run spacers to fill my arches

WOW !!!! Those are bleedin stunning mate...stunning !!!
Do you mind me asking what size tyres you fitted or are fitting on those wheels ? Thanks for the picture mate.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

fordperv wrote:This is them on the car when I tried them on, went the custom offset route because I didn't want to run spacers to fill my arches

Looks great :D Those wheels really suit the 3 door, don't think they would work the same on my 1989 5 door though.....
fordperv

Post by fordperv »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:

WOW !!!! Those are bleedin stunning mate...stunning !!!
Do you mind me asking what size tyres you fitted or are fitting on those wheels ? Thanks for the picture mate.
Cheers mate, on the rear 8.5j wheels 215/40/17 and on the front 7.5j wheels 205/40/17 I've gone for the square shouldered kumho so they don't look stretched
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

fordperv wrote:Cheers mate, on the rear 8.5j wheels 215/40/17 and on the front 7.5j wheels 205/40/17 I've gone for the square shouldered kumho so they don't look stretched
Jeepers fella those 8.5j rears are some wheels mate !! They make my 15's sound small now.... :o ... :lol:

Hmmm....I wonder if jbw do a 17" rs 4-spoke....reckon my arches might need some mods tho :lol:

Those tyres must have set you back a few quid too mate. Size of them !! You wont be short of road handling on those. They will compliment the power under the bonnet perfectly :)

Thanks for the info fella. Nice one !

All the best

Nick
fordperv

Post by fordperv »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Hmmm....I wonder if jbw do a 17" rs 4-spoke....reckon my arches might need some mods tho :lol:
Jbw dont but image wheels do I had already had the idea of staggered deep dish 17s for my laser not bad prices considering its image

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/billet-rs1 ... loy-wheel/

The 8j and 9j 15s look lovely,