Ford Capri on TV

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Ford Capri on TV

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Why aye man, a canny 2.8 on Byker Grove, like!
A dodgy Geordie driver........must be Ant behind the wheel :whistle:

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Ford Capri on TV

Post by andyd »

Great find that pet :cheers:

You can't beat seeing an old :ford: on the box like.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

It's a good job Ant wasn't driving it :)

Don't Capri's just like great in white.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I just spotted the video while searching on YouTube.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
Don't Capri's just like great in white.
:agree: Sierras too :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:By the way, I wasn't in suggesting in any way that Ant is involved in child abduction, I was merely making a reference to the fact that Ant has recently been in trouble with the law.

Andrew.
As long as it keeps him off T/V that's fine with me.......
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:As long as it keeps him off T/V that's fine with me.......
:lol:
Whatever it takes!
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Whatever it takes!
:cheers:
No mention of how the the people are in the car he smashed into :?

We've all had crap in life, but we don't get in the newspapers about it :roll: Hopefully he will be treated in the same way that anyone else who did the same crime would be!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:Don't Capri's just like great in white.
I would say that it's not my favourite colour for the Capri. My preferred colours would be black, nimbus grey, rosso red or caspian blue over strato silver. Not together on the same car though.... :D

Andrew.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Whatever it takes!
I'll definitely second that, only problem is that his sidekick is still inflicting himself on Saturday evenings. If ever there was a reason not to stop in then they're it!
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprigear wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Whatever it takes!
I'll definitely second that, only problem is that his sidekick is still inflicting himself on Saturday evenings. If ever there was a reason not to stop in then they're it!
:agree: There is certainly plenty of manure on T/V Saturday evenings.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
pbar wrote:Don't Capri's just like great in white.
I would say that it's not my favourite colour for the Capri. My preferred colours would be black, nimbus grey, rosso red or caspian blue over strato silver. Not together on the same car though.... :D

Andrew.
Paris Blue is a really good Capri colour :)
Silver, caspian and grey too, black and red are nice in the right light but when it's sunny they can show too many imperfections, blemishes and polishing marks for my liking. Probably the best for our summers then :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Good find I was to old to watch that biker grove and it would need to be subtitled for me to understand .
I think Ant should be stripped of his OBE and locked up for 6 months but I guess he will be back on the tv with a book deal for Xmas “ my life on the booze”
Never understand why a actor gets a knight hood or OBE , MBE .The doctors at kings Hosiptal saved my life back in 2013 and helped me so much . They should get the Knight Hoods .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Good find I was to old to watch that biker grove and it would need to be subtitled for me to understand .
I think Ant should be stripped of his OBE and locked up for 6 months but I guess he will be back on the tv with a book deal for Xmas “ my life on the booze”
Never understand why a actor gets a knight hood or OBE , MBE .The doctors at kings Hosiptal saved my life back in 2013 and helped me so much . They should get the Knight Hoods .
I'm in jail, get me out of here :wave: Never happen, as you say he will come out of the :turd: smelling of roses.

We've had Laurel and Hardy, Morcombe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, Little and Large and now Pants and Dicks long enough, it's time to move on from the double acts.

OBEs etc are usually always given to the wrong people mate :doh:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:OBEs etc are usually always given to the wrong people mate :doh:
Possibly, the occasional worthy gets an honour, but not the publicity that comes with the celebrity recipients.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:I think Ant should be stripped of his OBE and locked up for 6 months.
I agree with that. However, lots of money pays for fancy lawyers that will find a way to get him off.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Jasonmarie wrote:Good find I was to old to watch that biker grove and it would need to be subtitled for me to understand .
:agree: The medics do deserve more recognition for what they do, they also saved me by removing a brain tumour at the John Radcliffe in Oxford and I'll never be able to thank them enough for keeping me going. Further, other groups are far more deserving than "entertainers" or politicians - what about the RNLI, the police when they're pulling dead bodies out of crashed cars or old people from a flat where they died a month before they were found. Heros the lot of them, along with firemen, paramedics and the military. Yes, maybe they are paid and trained to do (except the RNLI) this but it still a group of heros.

Don't start me on about "celebrities" and "the media". 99% of that lot should be drowned. Poncing about on red carpets, slapping each other on the back (or in other innapropriate places ) saying "how good do I look" with their inflated egos. The medics/RNLI/ military etc have got more talent in their toe nails. Only serious lifetime achievers such as Dame Judy Dench or Sir David Attenborough are worthy of any recognition or status as far as i'm concerned.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Paul G wrote:
:agree: The medics do deserve more recognition for what they do, they also saved me by removing a brain tumour at the John Radcliffe in Oxford and I'll never be able to thank them enough for keeping me going. Further, other groups are far more deserving than "entertainers" or politicians - what about the RNLI, the police when they're pulling dead bodies out of crashed cars or old people from a flat where they died a month before they were found. Heros the lot of them, along with firemen, paramedics and the military. Yes, maybe they are paid and trained to do (except the RNLI) this but it still a group of heros.

Don't start me on about "celebrities" and "the media". 99% of that lot should be drowned. Poncing about on red carpets, slapping each other on the back (or in other innapropriate places ) saying "how good do I look" with their inflated egos. The medics/RNLI/ military etc have got more talent in their toe nails. Only serious lifetime achievers such as Dame Judy Dench or Sir David Attenborough are worthy of any recognition or status as far as i'm concerned.

I totally agree with you , I call it my re-born time and my family always are at the top of my list . ( And the Capri ) :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote: The medics/RNLI/ military etc have got more talent in their toe nails.
I totally agree.
Your post and Jason's too puts it all into perspective.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

As Ant's name made an appearance earlier in this thread, I'll mention that he's been banned for 20 months (big deal!) and fined a record £86,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but as fines are now linked to earnings, that is only a third of his weekly income.

Andrew.