Salvage Hunters Classic Cars

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Salvage Hunters Classic Cars

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Just checked and this programme has now ended after 3 episodes.
Just as it was getting into it's stride!
The Wednesday 9PM slot is now filled with "Slider: Ice Warrior Challenge" instead. :roll:

Interestingly, if you look at the Radio Times online site, they say that the first episode is 1 of 3. It looks like that the series wasn't canned early, simply that there are only three episodes in the first series. Perhaps the TV company wanted a short run of programmes to see what sort of audience it got before they commissioned some more episodes.

Andrew.
Yes i meant finished :whistle:
Thought there would be 6 or so episodes though, but as you say maybe a test to see how many viewers it got.
Hope they don't read this thread :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Hope they don't read this thread :lol:
If they do, I'm sure one of the presenters isn't going to be around for series 2...... :)

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'm not a violent person but if I was within ten feet of that Drew, for more than ten seconds, I think I would hit him. Very hard.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's funny how some people seem to grate on viewers and sadly Drew is one of those people!

I have to wonder whether his aspirations of having a classic car business are simply an excuse to obtain more TV exposure for himself? As previously noted, he comes across as arrogant and vain.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It's funny how some people seem to grate on viewers and sadly Drew is one of those people!

I have to wonder whether his aspirations of having a classic car business are simply an excuse to obtain more TV exposure for himself? As previously noted, he comes across as arrogant and vain.

Andrew.
TBH I didn't find him that bad in Salvage Hunters antique furniture etc and he seems fair with his prices, but around cars he seems to be Mr know it all and it's his way or not at all :?
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:It's funny how some people seem to grate on viewers and sadly Drew is one of those people!

Andrew.
TBH I didn't find him that bad in Salvage Hunters antique furniture etc and he seems fair with his prices, but around cars he seems to be Mr know it all and it's his way or not at all :?
Yes I was of the same opinion but lately even on that show he has started to show Drew Prick-Hard.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Only just watched the Jag episode ...
Having been a watcher of the usual Salvage show with 'Jimmy Somerville's love child', I already knew what an arrogant :wank: he was.
andyd

Post by andyd »

timfromull wrote:Only just watched the Jag episode ...
Having been a watcher of the usual Salvage show with 'Jimmy Somerville's love child'
With his Chris Evans style glasses.....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars gets a brief mention in the latest club magazine. Apparently Drew and team are on the lookout for a Capri to restore for the next series. It will be interesting to see what model they get and how well they restore it.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I did notice that as well Andrew also you can see our cars in one of the pictures .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:I did notice that as well Andrew also you can see our cars in one of the pictures .
Good spot, Jason! There we are, tucked away in the background.... :)

Andrew.