Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 am

[quote="andyd"] Anyone for August 5th :?:
Last edited by andyd on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby D366Y » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I'd be up for this :)

Danny

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm

D366Y wrote:I'd be up for this :)

Danny

:wave:
August 5th, interested so far;
Andy D
Andrew
Neil
Rob
Danny

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub
Location: Kent

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Jasonmarie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:05 pm

To early for me but have a good trip .

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

Have spoken to Haynes and they recommend we meet there 07.45/08.00 as it gets busy quickly.
This confirms what I heard some time ago.....

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10651
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pm

andyd wrote:Have spoken to Haynes and they recommend we meet there 07.45/08.00 as it gets busy quickly.
This confirms what I heard some time ago.....

Hi Andy,
Thanks for checking it out. Presumably the reason is to make sure that there is space for everyone to park together.
It's a bit earlier than I had planned, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Have spoken to Haynes and they recommend we meet there 07.45/08.00 as it gets busy quickly.
This confirms what I heard some time ago.....

Hi Andy,
Thanks for checking it out. Presumably the reason is to make sure that there is space for everyone to park together.


Andrew.

Possibly, but judging by this video its a big gathering :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFwyFozCaEU
Might get there the night before :D

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10651
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Great vid!
That's definitely whetted my apetite to at least go once to see what it's all about. :D

Andrew.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Great vid!
That's definitely whetted my apetite to at least go once to see what it's all about. :D

:agree: If we can all make it on the day that would be brilliant. Fancy seeing the museum also. Great mix of cars, prefer meets to shows personally as you're not tied to finishing times. :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Great vid!
That's definitely whetted my apetite to at least go once to see what it's all about. :D

:agree: If we can all make it on the day that would be brilliant. Fancy seeing the museum also. Great mix of cars, prefer meets to shows personally as you're not tied to finishing times. :D

Happy to wander around the meet then sit in my chair for an hour (Hopefully in the sun) :D

I went around the museum a couple of years ago, it's really good.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10651
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

andyd wrote:I went around the museum a couple of years ago, it's really good.

I've heard that it's good, but I've never been. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity in August!

Andrew.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Caprifan Rob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I went around the museum a couple of years ago, it's really good.

I've heard that it's good, but I've never been. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity in August!

Glad to hear it's good Andy, I've only seen pictures of it but like Andrew, I'd like to see it too.
andyd wrote:Happy to wander around the meet then sit in my chair for an hour (Hopefully in the sun) :D

I'll have to get one, preferably with one of those can holders in the arm :cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:I'll have to get one, preferably with one of those can holders in the arm :cheers:

I always carry a spare seat like that anyway :)

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Caprifan Rob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:I'll have to get one, preferably with one of those can holders in the arm :cheers:

I always carry a spare seat like that anyway :)

I'll bring the knotted handkerchief's :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:24 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:I'll bring the knotted handkerchief's :D

:wave: https://englishmaninitaly.files.wordpre ... g-vest.jpg

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun May 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Went to a breakfast meet today, I got there at 07.25 and was first in the queue :D
By 08.30 it was getting busy and I would say over 300 cars by 10.00, but people were leaving by 10.30 and more coming in when I left about 11.30.

The earlier you get there the more chance of parking on the tarmac carpark, later arrivals from around 8.30 were parked on grass.

Pretty much anything from the 60's to present.....Something for everyone really.

I look forward to going again especially if weather like it was today as I think that helped bring more out.

Andy

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10651
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the report! It sounds like you had a great day, I expect your car was receiving a lot of attention and rightly so.
andyd wrote:I look forward to going again

Are we still on for August, weather permitting?

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
sheff
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby sheff » Sun May 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
Thanks for the report! It sounds like you had a great day, I expect your car was receiving a lot of attention and rightly so.
andyd wrote:I look forward to going again

Are we still on for August, weather permitting?

Andrew.


Count me in :D

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Sun May 06, 2018 8:17 pm

sheff wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
Thanks for the report! It sounds like you had a great day, I expect your car was receiving a lot of attention and rightly so.
andyd wrote:I look forward to going again

Are we still on for August, weather permitting?

Andrew.


Count me in :D

It was a good day Andrew, and yes my car was popular with quite a few people.

Yes still on for August 5th, hopefully see you both then :)

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Haynes Museum Breakfast Club

Postby andyd » Mon May 07, 2018 6:20 am



Return to “Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests