Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Post by andyd »

The event will be held on May 6th https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-ford/

The XR Owners club will not be attending.......Another Westcountry club is apparently giving it a miss too :?
We thought it was getting a bit too modern with all the Fiesta/Focus ST's and RS's etc, and the fact it's over a 200 mile round trip, and a good 16 hour day for some. Along with that, poor XR Members turnout since 2015 hasn't helped either, therefore we have decided to do something closer to home.

Hope some of you guys still attend, and booking details are in the link, or as long as you turn up at the same time you can all park together.

Andy
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Simply Ford Beaulieu 2018

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny as I see a you tube of the cars leaving the event this year and it was wheelspin and smoke in newer fords .

Not my cup of tea as my wife said the other week when I dropped the Capri off for its mot I drove like a old boy .
Don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andy,

First off, let me thank you for all the work you have put into this over the last years to get us all together for a Great Day out. Thank you!!!

Sadly I did miss last years show, but I do understand what you mean about all the modern metal (Sorry, plastic...) there, also the drive, I do love driving the Cappa, but it is a long day once your back home and nodding off with your first Beer in hand on the sofa... :xd: :xd: :xd:

I hope to meet up at another show next year again, maybe something half way'ish between us??? Cheers Andy, all the very best and thanks for the time you put into this again,

John...
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Not sure I'll go this year, as it has become a bit too modern :(

If the suns out on the day I might pop along just to get some photo's, but then I'll go for a nice drive and have some fun. Hopefully Mark (Brooky) will have his car sorted by then and we can have a good drive out :drive:
andyd

Post by andyd »

sheff wrote:Not sure I'll go this year, as it has become a bit too modern :(

If the suns out on the day I might pop along just to get some photo's, but then I'll go for a nice drive and have some fun. Hopefully Mark (Brooky) will have his car sorted by then and we can have a good drive out :drive:
As you are fairly local it sounds a good plan.

I think many shows are going the same way, unless the organizers put a cap on age of cars. Many already do that.

:goodluck:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The trouble is at Simply Ford, the more exhibitors they have the more money the organisers make from the entrance fees. That's why they'll never stop the newer cars from going. I think that's a shame for the visitors as allowing all Fords to go makes the show too big, and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get around it all in one day.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:The trouble is at Simply Ford, the more exhibitors they have the more money the organisers make from the entrance fees. That's why they'll never stop the newer cars from going. I think that's a shame for the visitors as allowing all Fords to go makes the show too big, and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get around it all in one day.

Andrew.
:agree: Andrew, It's a car show not a classic car show so anything goes.

I like the Mk1 & 2 Focus RS, but don't want to look at a field full of them.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

When you've seen one electric orange Focus ST, you've seen 'em all! :D

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Also what is with all this foot on the brake and do a wheelspin in 30-50 year old cars
There was a YouTube of capris leaving somewhere and there’s really nice capris doing spinning and at the end of the YouTube video one is pulled by the old bill in a unmarked cop car .
I know it’s my age and I sound like my grandad ( would say dad but I think he would do wheel spinning and he is 73 )
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Also what is with all this foot on the brake and do a wheelspin in 30-50 year old cars
There was a YouTube of capris leaving somewhere and there’s really nice capris doing spinning and at the end of the YouTube video one is pulled by the old bill in a unmarked cop car .
I know it’s my age and I sound like my grandad ( would say dad but I think he would do wheel spinning and he is 73 )
:agree: Grandad :lol:
I don't like to see it either.

Also when people under 25 can afford to run an ST/RS or Impreza etc, it's usually time to move onto something else IMO, as everyone that owns the same type of car gets tarred with the same brush and insurance premiums often suffers too :doh:

Victor Meldrew :sorry: Andy
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:The trouble is at Simply Ford, the more exhibitors they have the more money the organisers make from the entrance fees. That's why they'll never stop the newer cars from going. I think that's a shame for the visitors as allowing all Fords to go makes the show too big, and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get around it all in one day.

Andrew.

I've got to be honest, I really like the modern stuff as much as the classics but a field full of the same model (in the same colour) is too much. As for the current Focus RS, it's a great car & a future classic. A pity then that they have some engine issues, workmate Luke is on his 3rd engine under warranty. He drives it hard daily & also uses it for track days but even so, that's a lot of new engines on a 16 plate car.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:

Andrew.

I've got to be honest, I really like the modern stuff as much as the classics but a field full of the same model (in the same colour) is too much. As for the current Focus RS, it's a great car & a future classic. A pity then that they have some engine issues, workmate Luke is on his 3rd engine under warranty. He drives it hard daily & also uses it for track days but even so, that's a lot of new engines on a 16 plate car.
Heard a few issues with the new Focus RS, paint issues especially.

A Mk2 RS in Performance Blue :cheers: That Volvo engine is great.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: A Mk2 RS in Performance Blue :cheers: That Volvo engine is great.
Think that's my favourite RS Focus combination, the MK2 has the right amount of everything IMO, there's a good buying guide feature in last months EVO magazine, they rate the car highly, especially the engine. Nice modern Fast :ford: .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

By the way, September isn't possible for me as that meet is held on the second Sunday of the month, and that clashes with another event. I can't remember what though.... :)

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:By the way, September isn't possible for me as that meet is held on the second Sunday of the month, and that clashes with another event. I Can't remember what though.... :)

Andrew.
I have to make sure I show my face for that other event! The Ol' Bill love me there! :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.