Capri nut without a Capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Bug
Car(s): Some

Capri nut without a Capri

Post by Bug »

Been a while since I contributed so some of you newer types must be wondering why I've suddenly cropped up again.
Truth is, it's not actually possible to completely get Capris out of your system.
If you're wondering why I don't own one, well it's a long story surrounding how I met my first wife. Major Tom knew her well and came to her funeral, so I'm sure he can explain why I probably won't ever own a Capri again.

Anyway, life has moved on and I missed my 2.8i so I found perfect replacement... long bonnet, low slung driving position, rear wheel drive, and plenty of character. Got myself a bright orange Z4 and I am loving it!
but then the Fiesta daily came to the end of its lease and I couldn't find a reasonably priced replacement. Nothing below £500 a month for the 2 year lease wanted.
Well, talk about luck! Right time, right place etc.... Practically fell into a deal with BMW. For £400 a month over the next 26 months I have myself a 335d X-drive Touring Shadow Edition. What a car! I have just got it run in and have started to play with the sport button. Seriously! A diesel Estate that gets to 62mph in 4.8 seconds and pulls like a train.
So I have a daily runabout that, in the real world of British roads, can scare an M3, plus a topless Capri replacement for the weekends...... and hey ,my Capris were technically German so it's not quite so bad.
The main thing is, they've given me that car buzz again, which has enticed me into visiting this forum more often, so that can't be all bad.
A very happy and prosperous New Year to you all, and I'm looking forward to following your Capri adventures and maybe helping out a little too.
Cheers all
Martin
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Capri nut without a Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Martin,
It's great that your Z4 has reignited your car buzz. I for one am pleased that you are contributing more to the forum, as that means we are able to tap into the vast knowledge gained from your many years of Capri ownership.

All the best,
Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Bug wrote: So I have a daily runabout that, in the real world of British roads, can scare an M3, plus a topless Capri replacement for the weekends.

The main thing is, they've given me that car buzz again
Sounds like you've got the best of both worlds. Glad you've got the car buzz back mate. All the best for the new year.
Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Bug wrote:A very happy and prosperous New Year to you all, and I'm looking forward to following your Capri adventures and maybe helping out a little too.
Cheers all
Hi Martin.

:welcome: to the forum :lol: :lol:

Great to see you on here again fella !

As Andrew has already been said its definately going to be to the benefit of this forum to have you back and about to offer your years of experience with our beloved Capri. For a min whilst reading your thread here I thought you were gonna say you are getting another one but you obviously have your own reason why this is not gonna be. Its just brilliant you still keep an eye on us :lol: and now are offering your services here once again ! Nice one !

I remember when I used to pop on here many moons ago as a 'guest' when I had my first Capri and used to read your invaluable advice back then so its jolly decent you are back and have the 'bug' again :oops: :sorry: :lol:

All the best Martin and hope you have a great New Year as well. Here's to another great year on this forum !!

Cheers

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Bug

Post by Bug »

Thanks chaps for the kind words.
Was a bit concerned I'd be told to 'bug' out to the BMW forums :D

Kings Lynn Capri Club cleared out all my spares for a large donation to Macmillan, but they couldn't take what's in my head.
I read through a lot of the Q&A stuff and every now and then it jogs a memory, so I may as well put it into the forum before I forget it all.

And if anyone needs help around the Thetford area then I'm more than happy to get my hands dirty if I'm free.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Hi Bug,

As one of the newbie types it is much appreciated that more experienced members like yourself continue to post.

The knowledge people build up over the years us invaluable and I'm sure there are things which would take an age to work out by going through the manuals and checking everything but by bit, whrn an experienced person can straight away go "check X" and they have it. I've certainly come across your contributions in searching for all manner of things on here.

Cheers
Tom.
Bug

Post by Bug »

tejb1 wrote:Hi Bug,

As one of the newbie types it is much appreciated that more experienced members like yourself continue to post.

The knowledge people build up over the years us invaluable and I'm sure there are things which would take an age to work out by going through the manuals and checking everything but by bit, whrn an experienced person can straight away go "check X" and they have it. I've certainly come across your contributions in searching for all manner of things on here.

Cheers
Tom.
And that's the kind of reply that makes it worth my while
Cheers Tom
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Its very good to see you back on the forum. When I joined I spent a lot of time reading through your old post and benefiting from the fountain of that knowledge
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Nice to see you back Bug, just a shame it had to be in a BMW!!! (Although I approve of the bold colour choice, I get bored of all the monochrome cars around - doesn't help that my last 4 cars have gone silver, grey, black, black! :lol: )
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

-JC- wrote:Although I approve of the bold colour choice
:agree:
I love the look of brightly coloured cars, orange and yellow especially, although I'm too self conscious to drive one myself.

Andrew.