Some Security Advice For You

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Some Security Advice For You

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Some Security Advice For You

Post by andyd »

Never understood why people didn't always lock their cars :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nice Capri! :D
That made me think how patronising those Government information films were, but after some thought it made me think that they are needed more now than ever!
They should bring them back, to help those who walk amongst us who are incapable of thinking for themselves. For example, have one called "Take your eyes off your phone screen and look around before crossing the road, you tosspot..." or even one telling people to shut their car door when they fill up at the petrol stations so cars can get past them......not that it bothers me much though. :whistle:

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Nice Capri! :D
That made me think how patronising those Government information films were, but after some thought it made me think that they are needed more now than ever!
They should bring them back, to help those who walk amongst us who are incapable of thinking for themselves. For example, have one called "Take your eyes off your phone screen and look around before crossing the road, you tosspot..." or even one telling people to shut their car door when they fill up at the petrol stations so people can get past them......not that it bothers me much though. :whistle:

Andrew.
:agree: Andrew,
Basic get your head out of your ass information :!:

P.S. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your next post being 10000 :cheers:
All time forum record I reckon......Make it a good one :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Let me be the first to congratulate you on your next post being 10000 :cheers:......
Cheers Andy! I'm still some way off Terra-Kotta's record number of posts though.
andyd wrote:Make it a good one :D
Why change the habit of a lifetime....

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Congats Andrew on the 10,000 milestone, I've only got another 9273 odd to do!

Re security, I remember when I was a kid in the sixties my mum had a Mini countryman (the proper mini estate with the wood trim!) and she used to go into High Wycombe high street, park outside Macfisheries (anyone remember them?) and just get out, leave the keys in the car and pop in the shop and no one would dare touch the car in broad daylight.

Nowadays she would be fined, the car towed and some lowlife probably snatch her handbag and shopping as she came out of the shop!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I'm still some way off Terra-Kotta's record number of posts though.
Nice one Andrew. The 10000 milestone has been passed. Congratulations fella :applaud:

Glyn (Terra-Kotta) is on 11712 but you are catching him up old chap. Keep up the excellent advice/help you give here Andrew....and ermmm....your great jokes too :)

Re security...even though I park B112 in a locked garage I always still lock the doors and always fit my diskloc :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote:Congats Andrew on the 10,000 milestone, I've only got another 9273 odd to do!
Cheers Paul! I aim for quantity over quality....
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Nice one Andrew. The 10000 milestone has been passed. Congratulations fella :applaud:
Thanks Nick!
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Keep up the excellent advice/help you give here Andrew....and ermmm....your great jokes too
Thanks Nick.......I think..... :)
I've got to go now as I'm reading my new book, the history of glue. I can't put it down.... :) :sorry:

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've got to go now as I'm reading my new book, the history of glue. I can't put it down.... :) :sorry:

:wave: I'm off... :burnout: .... :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Basic get your head out of your ass information :!:
Much needed for this chap:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/man-c ... -go-viral/ :roll:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: Basic get your head out of your ass information :!:
Much needed for this chap:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/man-c ... -go-viral/ :roll:

Andrew.
What a Knob. I hope he was heavily fined.
Whilst the Fire Service are attending to him, a real emergency may need attention.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Whilst the Fire Service are attending to him, a real emergency may need attention.
:agree:
To minimise downtime on this call, they should have simply freed him from the microwave, drilled a hole in the cement and inserted a tube so he could breathe and eat. He'd have to live the rest of his life with a block of cement on his head and it would serve as a permanent reminder to not be a complete moron! :)

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Perhaps they should have plugged the microwave in and given it 2 mins on defrost which might have then put some sense in the bell end's brain!

What a :wank:
andyd

Post by andyd »

It's like the morons that stand on the beach in gale force winds and get washed out to sea, then other lives are put at risk trying saving them :banghead: If rescued they should definitely be fined! Maybe common sense is too good for some people......

The sad thing is Microwave :wank: has got the attention he wanted, albeit not quite as planned :roll:

The Internet is great, but open to so much abuse :(
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Re security...even though I park B112 in a locked garage I always still lock the doors and always fit my diskloc :)
I do the same - whether it would have any effect is another matter, as to get in they'd have needed to angle grind through a padlock on the main gate and one on the garage door, still it's good practice! I fit it even if popping into the shop for 5 minutes. The only time I don't is if parked at work in a secure area with a security hut a few feet away!