New Capri Book by Steve Saxty

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri author, ex Ford designer and two times Tickford owner.

New Capri Book by Steve Saxty

Post by Steve Saxty »

I'm writing another book on the Capri, titled "The Coupes You Always Promised Yourself" that tells the story of the Capri and the cars that followed it.

Some of you may know about the one I did 21 years ago but this is a far, far bigger project and covers the products, prototypes and the people of Ford. I wanted to expand the story to include Ford's politics and how it impacted the Capri into the Sierra and the coupes that followed. Perhaps the most interesting bit is that in 2002 there was program S272 to bring back a retro-modern Capri in the book.

Because we have social media now, the book has its own page https://www.facebook.com/fordcoupes/ where I'm posting odd thoughts as it is written. It's also been a great way to get contacts with people and their cars, like the old Henry FordII Capri Injection auto I was offered when at Ford.

The best way to find out more is to visit the book's website at https://www.stevesaxty.com and there you can sign up to get free samples from the book at https://www.stevesaxty.com/sample-pages

This will be a large, full-colour book that will be three times longer than my old one sand initially limited to 1,000 copies.

I hope you'll be as interested in reading it as I am in writing it!

Steve
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Re: New Capri Book by Steve Saxty

Post by Noel »

Looking forward to it already.

When is it due to be finished - should this be on my 2018 birthday list, or Christmas??

Noel.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

It all depends on when your birthday is. If it's before April then you should be in luck! If you sign in to the book's site and FB then you'll get updates.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Sounds great, I've already reserved a spot on the bookcase for it!
Any idea of the anticipated price yet?

Andrew.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

In all honesty the price would depend upon how big it is and the amount of colour. My publisher thinks it will be of the same quality of the hefty but excellent Nick Hull book on Ford Design, which is 45 pounds. I'd hope for a bit less if honest, but printing at this quality isn't super cheap and everyone tells me they want this to be the best it can be.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Personally, I feel that £45 there or thereabouts is a reasonable price to pay for a book of that size and quality.

I wish you good luck with your new book. If it's as good a read as your last one, it should be a great success.

Andrew.
Steve Saxty
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve Saxty »

Thanks, I'm pretty happy thinking that it will be pretty far ahead of the old book. Ford is helping out and I've much new material - take a look at https://www.stevesaxty.com