2.8i master cylinders

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

2.8i master cylinders

Post by Caprigear »

I am currently in discussion with a supplier with a view to offering fully refurbished original ATE brake master cylinders for the 2.8i.
These are not simply stripped down and re sealed, they will have complete new bores and pistons and all new seals.
Before I go ahead I would like to gauge what interest, if any there would be.
I am hoping to have an idea of price by early next week.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: 2.8i master cylinders

Post by Caprifan Rob »

I'd be interested Martin. Would this be a straight price then or exchange?
Thanks.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Rob
I would think exchange as I have quite a few cylinders to begin with but as I can't get in cars to break anymore then the supplies will be dwindling if we don't have exchanges.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Martin,
It's terrific that you are in negotiation to offer refurbished 2.8 master cylinders, and I hope that you are able to pull it off.
I would only be interested as an outright sale, just to keep on the shelf as a spare for the future. Depending on the price, of course.

Andrew.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Andrew
As I can't get the cars anymore then the parts have to be refurbished or reproduced. I'm not about to get into the hole for a large amount of money or invest a lot of time in these things as previous experience has taught me that although at the time interest appears to be there it soon disappears.
An outright purchase isn't a problem but I would assume that you'd lose any surcharge that would be due back.
I will clarify all of this once I've finalised prices etc.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Caprigear wrote:Rob
I would think exchange as I have quite a few cylinders to begin with but as I can't get in cars to break anymore then the supplies will be dwindling if we don't have exchanges.
Thanks, still interested, will look out for pricing when you have it.
Cheers, Rob
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I think we should all thank Martin for bringing on solutions for previously unobtainable parts, what with these cylinders and I'm sure he was instrumental in getting Magnums to make the tanks.