That General Lee Capri...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

That General Lee Capri...

Post by Major_Tom »

..that was a CoC(k) that year with the V8 and the full package.... anyone got a couple of pictures of it they can post?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom

Re: That General Lee Capri...

Post by Major_Tom »

It was one of the Scots Capris I believe.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Major_Tom wrote:..that was a CoC(k) that year with the V8 and the full package.... anyone got a couple of pictures of it they can post?
Only half decent one I have Tom

ImageDSCF0554 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Peter-S wrote:
Major_Tom wrote:..that was a CoC(k) that year with the V8 and the full package.... anyone got a couple of pictures of it they can post?
Only half decent one I have Tom

ImageDSCF0554 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Thanks Peter. I keep getting logged out by the way is it happening to you?
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Major_Tom wrote:[ I keep getting logged out by the way is it happening to you?
Once in a while Tom. I've attributed it to being out of step and still using IE, which might not be the reason at all!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Yeeeeee-haaaaa! :D
Clockwork Orange
Car(s): MK2 '78series V8 Laser ..
undergoing major surgery at this time, will be back hopefully soon, better than ever

Post by Clockwork Orange »

Major_Tom wrote:..that was at CoC(k) that year with the V8 and the full package.... anyone got a couple of pictures of it they can post?
Hi Tom
The General Lee Capri was constructed by my Son-in-Law during 2006. I did the wiring
there were numerous mods to the Capri to get it in the condition you saw at CoC(MK) that year, and yes it was part of the Capri Club Scotland team that came down ..
I have well over a 1000 photos of the car from start to finish (was it ever finished?) and at various show weekends and drive-outs.
it was also featured in Classic Ford after a shoot in May 2007.
I took the car to Orkney in 2011, and it drove great over 300 miles each way .. I always fancied taking it to a CCD meeting in Germany, but the opportunity didn't arise ..

the car was sold in 2013, when it was posted on eBay, bought by someone in Derbyshire that said it was to be used in a Western Style show.
later it turned up at a car sales - I think in Bolton .. by now minus the Chip Foose toolkit ..
Last I heard was enjoying life in Guernsey - was being used in a motor club and had been attending hill climb sprint type events

now registered on Guernsey plate 30069, the owner also runs (ran) a red 28i ..

Last picture I saw it was lined up in December 2015 - sporting a front spoiler, black bonnet and what looked like a 'kid-on' vinyl roof .. :swear:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Thanks for the info. I had a mate posting various pictures of other cars done up as General Lees.. no Capris though.. so I thought... I know where I've seen the best one!

That was funny that CoC(k).. someone else across the fields had a dixie horn too, but it was one of those cheap ones which miss out the final note. So every time the General Lee Capri piped up, the other one over the way would reply... then the whole of the Scottish lot shouted "one short!" :lol: :lol: