Where is she now?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Where is she now?

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:I used this one from online never new there was another two ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -a-vehicle

I filled in part A as Iam the owner

It's only a £5 and really worth doing as it completes my history folder on the car .
Thanks for that link Jason. Did you print the form out and post it to dvla with a cheque for a fiver ?
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes just filled in wrote that I was keeping a good history with the car and sent a cheque . It took about 3 weeks I think to come back and it's just makes the car history folder so good .

Keep us posted .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:Yes just filled in wrote that I was keeping a good history with the car and sent a cheque . It took about 3 weeks I think to come back and it's just makes the car history folder so good .

Keep us posted .
Cheers Jason :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
So, exactly what information is provided? Presumably it's the names and addresses of all the previous owners and the date they acquired the car?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

First is the paper work from the dealers to tax and give the address of the new keeper then it's all the paper work for when the car was sold and new keepers forms sent out . O C D warning ..................
I have bought myself a large leather folder with them A4 plastic sleeves and been putting all the paper work in order of date along with the service records and even down to like wipers and a air freshener from fords recipient. I have all the tax disks and I have photo copied the first one and put that in the car . Also have the mot from its first one . I might Wright out to all the old owners and ask if they have any pictures .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Thanks for that. It sounds as though it's definitely worth having.

Andrew.
Nigel 1953
Car(s): 1987 Capri Laser 2.0

Post by Nigel 1953 »

Hi all. As I said before I have been amazed at the number of viewings of this post.
This is my first attempt at posting some picks quality not very good as they are scans of photos taken in late February 1987. Perhaps these may jog someone's memory.

[/img]
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Its a nice looking Cabaret.

Whether the colour divide is half way up the body like the Cabaret or below the bumper line I think Capris do look very good in 2 tone paint
Nigel 1953

Post by Nigel 1953 »

Thanks for that. Not sure what she looks like now, if she still exists, as the pictures were taken when she was only 4 years old. I used to think that the 2 tone paint looked better on the 2.8s with only the part below the side moulding in silver, but now I think the Cabarets & Calypso look good too.
Nigel 1953

Post by Nigel 1953 »

Just thought I'd leave another post on this thread in case anyone new may be looking on here. This is also the time of year that I bought and eventually traded in my Cabaret II.

If DJX330Y still exists I would love to see her and maybe buy her back. Alternatively I may be interested in buying a well looked after low mileage Cabaret I or II, 2.0ltr. Perhaps you have one and want to move on to a 3.0ltr to 2.8I.
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Hi hope you find your Capri and I think cabarets rarely come up for sale, but there is this alternative on eBay; a Calypso!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-C ... SwUDxaeKXU

Looks nice, maybe a little pricey though!

Pas
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

A lot of money but probably now quite a rare Capri. Its funny how those GL type steel wheels looks so different in bare, without trim rings and without the black sections painted in. Not better or worse just distinctively different and clean looking.

Although most of the special editions were really only 'special' in not having the more usual model designation letters they will always be interesting as so few of each type were made.

Only thing is spotted was the reference to the standard manual choke - would this have been standard as I'd assumed all Pinto engined Mk3s had auto chokes
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

I'd assume the manual choke would be fitted to a carb replacing the original VV - a 34ich or similar.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So today I was reading the stuff I had back from the DVLA with the addresses of the previous owners .
So I have done a letter asking if they have any pictures or stories .

How would you all feel if you got a letter I have given my full name and address with my e mail and said the car is fine .

Thoughts please ladies and gents before I send . :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote:
How would you all feel if you got a letter I have given my full name and address with my e mail and said the car is fine .
Initially, I would probably think there was a dodgy scam going on to be honest! But there is no harm in what you're doing, you may get some positive replies.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:
Initially, I would probably think there was a dodgy scam going on to be honest! But there is no harm in what you're doing, you may get some positive replies.
I have rang or written to previous owners of some cars if their contact details were on a receipt etc.
All of them were happy to answer any questions and glad to hear the car was still ok :)

I have the addresses of all the previous keepers of my XR, as there are copies of the V5 in with the paperwork, but have not contacted them.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:
I think you might get a slightly more positive response if you included a picture or offered to if they are interested?? Or even direct whomever you send the letters to to this forum/thread so prove you're not a whacky scammer??
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Some good points there , yes I was worried myself that’s they may feel something is not right . One owner is very well known in the Capri world and i did email him and he was fine .
I only have 3 letters to go out and I think the first owner passed away because it then was register to his oldest son .

As they say if you don’t try you will never know .
Nigel 1953

Post by Nigel 1953 »

If it were me I might be a little hesitant for the reasons given by others. But if I was confident that you where genuine, I would be happy to give any details that I had.

Good luck with your enquires.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I received a text message from the current owner of my Focus ST asking a couple of questions. He got my number from an invoice that went with the car......No problem imo