German Capri Conversion

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

German Capri Conversion

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

I seen this Capri on Facebook. It might not be to everyones taste but its a terrific job done to a very high standard. I love it ! Even though it now a van you can instantly tell its a Capri from both the front and the rear end. Very clever job and very cool indeed :)

ImageFB_IMG_1509968369414 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1509968381763 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1509968376317 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: German Capri Conversion

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny I spotted this on Facebook ( I am new to Facebook so my kids are teaching me ) looks different I noted that some people did not like but I think it’s a good way to keep a car on the road if the rear needed lots of work .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote: looks different I noted that some people did not like but I think it’s a good way to keep a car on the road if the rear needed lots of work .
I really like the design of this 'cappa-van' :lol: Looks very sleek. Yep not everyones cup of tea but you can see the owner of these must have put alot of thought into the design of the shape. Yep its a van so it will have a different shape but if I were ever gonna modify my laser to a van it would deffo look something like this...but for now I am happy with B112 lol:

Love the colour of this van too. Would be interesting to see whats under the bonnet :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Great find.
Although it's not my cup of tea, I can appreciate the work that has gone into it. The conversion looks to be done to a very high standard.
I wonder what it's used for? According to Google translate, trockenbau means plaseterboard, but the slogan on the side means "we do not do cold things"..... :?

Andrew.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Like this a lot, and I am no fan of custom mod stuff. It looks really well done, and I like the way a tailgate has been modified to make the rear hatch. Very clever and tidy.

Is it me or does it look like wheelbase has been shortened, the rear wheels seem a lot further forward from the bumper corners, or is it an optical illusion. I think a lot of work has gone into this.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:trockenbau means plaseterboard, but the slogan on the side means "we do not do cold things"..... :?
I think that actually, it's a German slogan meaning 'we don't do things by half', that sort of thing.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:trockenbau means plaseterboard, but the slogan on the side means "we do not do cold things"..... :?
I think that actually, it's a German slogan meaning 'we don't do things by half', that sort of thing.
Danke schön! :D
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Clever conversion. I cant work out if the wheelbase has been shortened or it has just been lengthened beyond the rear wheels.
Also trying to work out what type of van rear end has been used or indeed if the builder has grafted on a removable tilt top from a pick up.