What’s your favourite car show ?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

What’s your favourite car show ?

Post by Jasonmarie »

So over the weekend my eldest son got my amazon fire stick to let me watch the new wheeler dealers that’s on in USA with Ant taking over from Edd China . Yes I did enjoy the show my wife goes mad about mike Brewer as she really don’t like the chap or his voice ? . But my son said if you could meet any of the car show blokes who would it be .
So yes I love the old top gear and now grand tour but I don’t think it’s a real car show but I do like chasing classic cars with Wayne carine also I did like for the love of cars , when Ant was doing the show with Philip Glenister .
And one other is count cars .
Your thoughts ladies and gents ..... :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: What’s your favourite car show ?

Post by andyd »

In no particular order of preference;
Counting Cars, Chasing Classic Cars, Fantom Works, Car SOS, For the Love of Cars and Wheeler Dealers.

Mike Brewer does annoy me when he starts stroking freshly painted cars :twak: That is my biggest gripe with the Man.

IMO, Top Gear went down the pan years ago, although James May is good in anything he now does.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Going back a while I liked the ones by Mark Evans where he restored an e - type and an MGB, as well as building a Pilgrim Sumo Cobra replica. He seemed to go into far more depth about the jobs he was doing than the rather superficial current crop of programs.

I really wish Fuzz Townsend and Edd China could get together and do a much more informative program without the drivel from Tim Shaw and to a lesser extent Mike Brewer.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:Going back a while I liked the ones by Mark Evans where he restored an e - type and an MGB, as well as building a Pilgrim Sumo Cobra replica. He seemed to go into far more depth about the jobs he was doing than the rather superficial current crop of programs.

I really wish Fuzz Townsend and Edd China could get together and do a much more informative program without the drivel from Tim Shaw and to a lesser extent Mike Brewer.
:agree: A Car is Born with Mark Evans was a great series, especially as he is a vet :)

All the mechanics should do shows and the 'presenters' can p*ss off :D
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: All the mechanics should do shows and the 'presenters' can p*ss off :D
Ooh, harsh but fair :D
Think counting cars/car sos/chasing classic cars & overhauling are my faves at moment. Overhauling would be a lot better too without the 'your cars been stolen' presenter bullshit. I see a theme developing here ..
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote: All the mechanics should do shows and the 'presenters' can p*ss off :D
Ooh, harsh but fair :D
Think counting cars/car sos/chasing classic cars & overhauling are my faves at moment. Overhauling would be a lot better too without the 'your cars been stolen' presenter bullshit. I see a theme developing here ..
:agree: Overhaulin' was good, but as you say better without the Bull :turd:

American Hot Rod was good too, although Boyd and Dwayne wouldn't have spoken to me the way they did to some of the workers......

Too much 'Drama' or supposed deadlines in most of these sort of shows now :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes car sos how did I forget that I think it’s the only car show that makes me almost cry with joy at the end ,
Funny how we all think of Brewer and I noticed on twitter and facepaint he does get some shit thrown at him .
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
Mike Brewer does annoy me when he starts stroking freshly painted cars :twak: That is my biggest gripe with the Man.
I hate it when he sits or leans on them! At shows, my car seems to attract people doing that, I go mad at them.

I don't mind Mike Brewer generally though.

I like Wheeler Dealers (especially the workshop segments), and Chop Shop, love the old school, East End under the arches type feel to it. Some very talented guys on that.

And I like The Garage a lot. Wish that would come back on.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
I hate it when he sits or leans on them! At shows, my car seems to attract people doing that, I go mad at them.

I don't mind Mike Brewer generally though.

I like Wheeler Dealers (especially the workshop segments), and Chop Shop, love the old school, East End under the arches type feel to it. Some very talented guys on that.

And I like The Garage a lot. Wish that would come back on.
No need for anyone to sit on or touch another persons car car!!

I was talking to an XROC Member during the summer, and he told me at one show this guy was opening car doors and letting his son sit in and play with the controls..... :shock: When questioned he said he had paid to come to the show so he was entitled!! What a :wank:

Stupid to leave your car unlocked anywhere, especially if that is someones mentality....The son will probably grow up the same :doh:

I agree with the talent in some of these shows, I have always liked watching the painting process.
Having been on the end of a few :turd: paint jobs, it must be nice to get your car back with a glass like finish, and be happy with it :headscratch:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: No need for anyone to sit on or touch another persons car car!!
It's actually put me off from showing my car so much now.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote: No need for anyone to sit on or touch another persons car car!!
It's actually put me off from showing my car so much now.
Shame :(
I don't see what people get from touching cars :? It isn't a cat or dog, therefore won't appreciate being stroked....

Back on topic :whistle: Cars that Rock with Brian Johnson is good too, albeit no mechanical work.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Of the car shows currently broadcast, The Car Chasers and Counting Cars are my faves.
I also liked Classic Car Rescue with Bernie and Mario, although nobody else seems to have enjoyed watching it!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Of the car shows currently broadcast, The Car Chasers and Counting Cars are my faves.
I also liked Classic Car Rescue with Bernie and Mario, although nobody else seems to have enjoyed watching it!

Andrew.
I like Car Chasers too (I forgot that one) :doh:

CCR was ok, but too many staged arguments for my liking.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: A Car is Born with Mark Evans was a great series, especially as he is a vet :)
He sounds like a useful bloke to have around....especially if you need something retreiving from inside the exhaust pipe.... :)

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: A Car is Born with Mark Evans was a great series, especially as he is a vet :)
He sounds like a useful bloke to have around....especially if you need something retreiving from inside the exhaust pipe.... :)

Andrew.
https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/8 ... 952683.jpg :roll:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've just thought of another car show from the past that I used to really enjoy watching, and that's Deals on Wheels.
It would be great to see another series of that programme.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've just thought of another car show from the past that I used to really enjoy watching, and that's Deals on Wheels.
It would be great to see another series of that programme.

Andrew.
Yep, that ended in 2001, but it was repeated earlier this year. Time flies......
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: that ended in 2001, but it was repeated earlier this year. Time flies......
Was it? I missed that! :doh: Luckily, some episodes are available on Youtube.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: that ended in 2001, but it was repeated earlier this year. Time flies......
Was it? I missed that! :doh: Luckily, some episodes are available on Youtube.

Andrew.
:sorry: Andrew it wasn't Deals on Wheels, it was Autotrader with Mike Brewer and Edd China.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Autotrader Christ there a name from the past but mike Brewer did it with a thin bloke back then .
Also I heard somebody eles tell me to make sure I lock the doors when at shows .

Chop shop was ok but like that Gas monkey the swearing gets me down and my wife says keep the sound down because of the kids . Don’t get that with Wayne . But grand tour we all watch as a family and my wife coughs when they use a rude word and my kids just laugh and say “ Mum we here it all the time at school”
And my eldest is joining the navy this year if he passes all his stuff .