More for the 'Collectors'......

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

More for the 'Collectors'......

Post by andyd »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... -115k.html

Probably never turn their wheels again :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: More for the 'Collectors'......

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's great to see an RS500 in such fabulous timewarp condition. It's a pity that it's not black though.

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

£4000 to service it after 6000 miles :shock: Not sure I'd want to drive it if the services costs that much! Nice car though :D
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I had a 3 dr Cossie in 1989 when it was 2 years old. Paid £11500 for it. Boy I wish I still had it now although the local thieves relieved me of it after about 3 months. Bastards.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It's great to see an RS500 in such fabulous timewarp condition. It's a pity that it's not black though.

Andrew.
I prefer the white :)
sheff wrote:£4000 to service it after 6000 miles :shock: Not sure I'd want to drive it if the services costs that much! Nice car though :D
Good point Neil
Paul G wrote:I had a 3 dr Cossie in 1989 when it was 2 years old. Paid £11500 for it. Boy I wish I still had it now although the local thieves relieved me of it after about 3 months. Bastards.
:( Things haven't changed that much have they..... :twak:

It's strange how the Cossie is now pretty much rich mans money, but the 4i and 4x4 are relatively cheap compared to the Capri even.

Within the XR range the Sierra is a little frowned upon by some as it's not deemed a Hot Hatch......
Having owned or driven all the models, imo it's the best one combining comfort and power.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I'm 100% certain this is the 280 in the above link that was sold by Dr B around 2008/9......It had done 3500 miles then.
http://www.brooklands280.com/3400_miler.htm
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Paul G wrote: the local thieves relieved me of it after about 3 months. Bastards.
Bring back hanging :twak:
andyd wrote: Within the XR range the Sierra is a little frowned upon by some as it's not deemed a Hot Hatch......
Having owned or driven all the models, imo it's the best one combining comfort and power.
A guy at work owned an XR 4x4 in white years ago, drove it like he stole it for years & it never let him down. You're right, there's still some bargains to be had, pricing can only go up though. We'll probably all be kicking ourselves for not buying one in a few years, ok for you though, you got in first :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote: Within the XR range the Sierra is a little frowned upon by some as it's not deemed a Hot Hatch......
A guy at work owned an XR 4x4 in white years ago, drove it like he stole it for years & it never let him down. You're right, there's still some bargains to be had, pricing can only go up though. We'll probably all be kicking ourselves for not buying one in a few years, ok for you though, you got in first :D
:cheers: :D
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Nice cars. Driven the standard one but not the RS500, been in one doing around 160mph. The standard ones are really nice and not surprised that 500 is tipped to break the bank, bet you won't find another and there are plenty of people with cash. There is talk of the bottom falling out of classic cars and I must say enthusiasm seems to be lowering of late so can see that happening.
andyd

Post by andyd »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: There is talk of the bottom falling out of classic cars and I must say enthusiasm seems to be lowering of late so can see that happening.
There are quite a few high priced Fords and Capri's still for sale that have been on the market along time now.
Don't think as many people buy in Autumn anyway, but the market has to slow down at some point....
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

In the Daily Mail no less. Reminds me of the guy that said "oooh, you've really devalued that Capri"... he was a well off bloke. Rewind ten fifteen years and those people would have looked at 80s Fords and the guys that drove them with utter disdain. Or ignored comprehensively, at best. Now they're all falling over themselves and jizzing in their grundies because the price now includes an extra zero.

And they still use the word 'bargain' in relation to the price.

It's ludicrous.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It's great to see an RS500 in such fabulous timewarp condition. It's a pity that it's not black though.

Andrew.
Black is common though even though it does look nice, moonstone blue all the way
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

fordperv wrote:Black is common though even though it does look nice, moonstone blue all the way
Yes, most were black. I think only 52 were white and 52 were moonstone.
Even though it's by far the most common colour, if somebody offered me one in black, I'd gladly take it! :)

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: if somebody offered me one in black, I'd gladly take it! :)

Andrew.
Just 4 U Andrew :D https://www.rs500cosworth.com/s/cc_imag ... 1492268795
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
fordperv wrote:Black is common though even though it does look nice, moonstone blue all the way
Yes, most were black. I think only 52 were white and 52 were moonstone.
Even though it's by far the most common colour, if somebody offered me one in black, I'd gladly take it! :)

Andrew.
In total 56 were white