The T charge

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: The T charge

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I can tell you I was cursing him that 'Queen Square' morning
That was a real "cat"astrophe......

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Chaps.

How the dickens did we get from a post about the new T Charge to me defending London Town to pics of cats followed by a pic of a dog beside a top of the range zimmer frame ending up with a joke from Andrew about it all being a CATastrophe :)

I was a 'whisker' away from passing out from the laughter :lol: :lol:

I have said it before and will say it again this is why I love this forum. Brilliant serious advice on tap 24/7 and a bunch of folk willing to have a laugh too :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So after cat then zimmer I read on line that the T charge will start on the 23rd October 2017 in London ( where not to sure )

But you can put your reg number in here to find out if you have to pay every day . I have put my reg in and I will have to pay £10 a day to drive the Capri in London .

What I don’t get is as I go up to my in laws house ( welling kent A2 ) I see low emission sign around the bkackfen junction .
So I wonder if I will have to pay to take the car up there ?

Here’s the web site to check your cars https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissi ... ge-checker

So I am not a happy bunny having to pay for something to visit family . But I hope Iam wrong .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

The T charge and proposed ULEZ are seperate from the existing LEZ, which affects only commercial vehicles.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:. I have put my reg in and I will have to pay £10 a day to drive the Capri in London
Plus £11.50 for the congestion charge too Jason....total of £21.50 mate....but only if you drive through central London between 0700-1800 mon-fri. Outside these times there is no charge. Weekends also no charge.
Jasonmarie wrote:the T charge will start on the 23rd October 2017 in London ( where not to sure )

The T Charge operates in the same area as the Congestion charge Jason. Have a look at the underground map and its everywhere in Zone 1 that these charges apply mate :)

I aint losing any sleep over this myself as I dont see a time I will 'need' to drive into Central London during the day mon-fri. I did work in Victoria right beside Buckingham Palace for16yrs then over in Green Park opposite The Ritz Hotel for 3yrs but the thought of driving in never crossed my mind....much better to squash in on the underground tube instead....lovely.... :lol:

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes your right Nick , that’s cleared that up . And I never new zone 1 on the tube was the congestion charge you learn something everyday .

So I can’t get out of going to see the mother in law will have to think of another excuse.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Actually these days it stops at Park Lane, so as to not upset the residents of Kensington & Chelsea... so it's less than zone 1!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just been reading about the new charge starting in April and rolling out in 2021 what a joke I do drive the Capri up the bexley and Tickover use to be in bexley heath so any classic car places in and around London would have to pick up the charge .
After 2027 should be free as the old girl will be 40 years old .
Tom should be ok as your be on the 40 years old mark so free driving . Nick Enfield is in there will have to win that lotto mate and move .
Also if we go to the Ace Cafe meet that will cost us a extra £12.50 for the day .

Here’s the map
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I was wondering why Jason had started getting worked up over a lez. Turns out he's talking about something else entirely....

Andrew.
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

Jason - I am not sure I am following your understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So the T charge in central London from April 2019, if you like, in the yellow. From Oct 2021, it extends to the light green. This is the north and south circular perimeter.

Are there any Capri restorers within the north/south circular ?

Are you confusing the dark green for the light green shade as Bexley is in the dark green. That's for heavy stuff - >3.5T. The Capri is a smidge under but mine did eat all of the pies at Christmas! :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

ULEZ yes now I read it I see what you mean :lol:
Yes the dark green bit is for any thing over 3.5 Tons but will be cars in 2021 ?

No Tickover moved a few years ago to Dartford so they are out the charge . There a classic car place for minis in sidcup so they will be affected .
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

[quote="Jasonmarie"]ULEZ yes now I read it I see what you mean :lol:
Yes the dark green bit is for any thing over 3.5 Tons and yes your right the lighter bit is for cars . Thank god for that . We can still go to Greenwich .