FRONT DOOR FRAME

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Alan 7046 Dodd
Car(s): Capri Mk2 1.6 ohc 1975

FRONT DOOR FRAME

Post by Alan 7046 Dodd »

Hi, can anyone inform me if the the top half of the front door frame on a mk2 can be separated from the rest of the door? I have a replacement door of a mk3 which has a black surround, my original has a chrome surround, or are these just clip on trims?
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: FRONT DOOR FRAME

Post by Arya2.0S »

5 bolts hold the frame in. Then it can be slid out of the door.
Alan 7046 Dodd
Car(s): Capri Mk2 1.6 ohc 1975

Post by Alan 7046 Dodd »

Thanks arya2.05 for your info. I have to replace both doors on my mk2 ,I have obtained two doors of a mk3 ,but on the mk3 the door frames have a black trim around the doors and I want to change them for the ones on my mk2 which have a chrome trim.

Thanks again for the info
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Alan 7046 Dodd wrote:Thanks arya2.05 for your info. I have to replace both doors on my mk2 ,I have obtained two doors of a mk3 ,but on the mk3 the door frames have a black trim around the doors and I want to change them for the ones on my mk2 which have a chrome trim.

Thanks again for the info
The trims should just pop off, theres usually 4 clips that hold them on, at least there are on the mk3 doors dont know about the mk2 ones but id assume they are the same. Just takes a bit of force to unclip them but be careful not to damage or bend the trims as they are made out of very thin metal.