Capri Mat Sets

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Capri Mat Sets

Post by Jasonmarie »

If we are both right and reading a article in a classic car magazine a few years ago about why cars in the 70s ,80s have gone up over the years , they talked about the last air-cooled Porsche what was 1997 a 911 of topping over the 100k mark if the trend in classic cars carry on , as I only know this as my friend has one and we did laugh back then saying who would pay that but there are not many left and they are now worth over £100 k , also the jenson intercepter going for then 6-10k then and some are hitting over the 100k mark now . As we all know a ford sierra made over 100k at the silverstone aution this year ,So the question is how much will these cars be worth in 10 years time .
Should have a poll for all of us , so in 10 years time we can see who was right . Also I will still be working on that engine bay to get it up to Nicks standard .

So looking on https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?page=1&q=Ford+capri and taking in account some on sorn or in a garage . There are only about 2500 capris left in the uk as a guess . So in ten years times there may be less cars left what will only put the price of these cars up in price .

So back to the mats there are only 2500 customer who would be interested in them , I know I may have upset the gent who has the posting for the mats but when a member put the really brand new grey drivers seat on e bay this year we all went how much did that go for ( £900 if I remember )

I have so much security on my car Iam thinking I might need some more to be safe ( o c d kicking in )
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Car(s): Concours 280

Post by 280. »

Hello again.

Well, plenty of "watchers" but no takers and I'm not the type of guy to sit on something for months....So they will appear again this evening at 19:11 hrs under item number 253155133674. They have a 99p start, a Buy It Now £100 cheaper than my original listing and no reserve. I will not bolster the bids or remove them early, this auction will sell them and I have set it up so that 10% or the proceeds go directly to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Well, get after them then - good luck and all the best! :ebay:
I used to have a natty little signature here but it's gone now on account of Photobucket being a shower of shit. True story.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

280. wrote:Hello again.

Well, plenty of "watchers" but no takers and I'm not the type of guy to sit on something for months....So they will appear again this evening at 19:11 hrs under item number 253155133674. They have a 99p start, a Buy It Now £100 cheaper than my original listing and no reserve. I will not bolster the bids or remove them early, this auction will sell them and I have set it up so that 10% or the proceeds go directly to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Well, get after them then - good luck and all the best! :ebay:
Will be interested to see the bidding.....And well done for the charity donation :D

:goodluck:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That's so good also yes let's hope they go for a good price . Might have a cheeky bid my self to get things going . :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,'
I think that an Ebay auction with a low start price is the best way to acheive a high selling price. Once the buyers latch on to it, there will be a bidding frenzy for these mats. In fact, there appears to be a bid on them already...... :whistle:

Good on 280 for donating a portion of the sale price to a very worthwhile cause.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Damn, I've been outbid already.......
The bidding frenzy has started!

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

280. wrote:They have a 99p start, a Buy It Now £100 cheaper than my original listing and no reserve. I will not bolster the bids or remove them early, this auction will sell them and I have set it up so that 10% or the proceeds go directly to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
That's more like it :) Respect.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Getting back to the original posting- the set of rubber mats I ordered from Mark Dawson 2 days ago just arrived and are now in the car. :)

As others have said Im mighty impressed. I hadn't expected a lot for £ 20 frankly but these have exceeded expectations ; heavy rubber mats with a woven back + they look good. Mark can be reached on 07707570414.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Not_Anumber wrote:As others have said Im mighty impressed. I hadn't expected a lot for £ 20 frankly but these have exceeded expectations ; heavy rubber mats with a woven back + they look good. Mark can be reached on 07707570414.
A great recommendation on this thread. Think I will treat myself to a set of these mats.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
EightyFive
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1985

Post by EightyFive »

Sounds good, want to see some pictures if anyone has any.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Not_Anumber wrote:Getting back to the original posting- the set of rubber mats I ordered from Mark Dawson 2 days ago just arrived and are now in the car. :)

As others have said Im mighty impressed. I hadn't expected a lot for £ 20 frankly but these have exceeded expectations ; heavy rubber mats with a woven back + they look good. Mark can be reached on 07707570414.
Excellent. I'm glad that you like them :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
A great recommendation on this thread. Think I will treat myself to a set of these mats.
I think that you will be pleased with them Nick. Good quality and really quick delivery. Very nice bloke too.

He has hundreds of templates stored, and at the prices he charges it's cheaper to get the actual bespoke sized mats for a car than those universal ones. And two options - carpet and rubber. Both look great but I've always preferred rubber mats in cars.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Sold for £212.
More than enough imo, but would have been nice if more was raised for the charity.....Give them the lot it's only money :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Sold for £212.
That is a lot less than I thought they would sell for.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Sold for £212.
That is a lot less than I thought they would sell for.

Andrew.
I must admit i thought they would make over £300. Luck of the auction i suppose......
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

It’s funny how things are selling out there I repair pocket watches and clocks and 2nd hand parts seem to be going for such high prices it’s almost not worth fixing as the parts are worth more .
Glad they sold and what a great thing to do for charity.
Car(s): Concours 280

Post by 280. »

I must admit I thought they would do £400 no problem. Hey ho, I can hardly complain given the bigger picture. That said, if I'd thought that would be what they went for I'd have put them in the car...I should have anyway really. I have got some other bits that I will be listing once I get a moment including over 20 Motorcraft oil filters and 2 NOS Ford badges and under bonnet sound deadning with clips removed at 12,500 miles. Cheers.
I used to have a natty little signature here but it's gone now on account of Photobucket being a shower of shit. True story.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

£212 for the NOS set of rubber mats look like great value for money when you compare it with the £95 being asked for this single used mat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-RU ... SwCi9Zz1u8

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:£212 for the NOS set of rubber mats look like great value for money when you compare it with the £95 being asked for this single used mat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-RU ... SwCi9Zz1u8

Andrew.
:agree:

:ford: Tax strikes again :spank: