Capri's at Ace Cafe 05.08.2017

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
oldfords
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia Dressed as an "s"

Re: Capri's at Ace Cafe 05.08.2017

Post by oldfords »

Good Day at the Ace despite the weather.
Nick/John great to meet you and convoy down.
Hopefully we'll catch up again sometime in the future
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:those bleeding wiper arm thingies that kept getting in the way
Of course, they usually only move once a year - for the MOT :xd:

Welcome to the real world Nick :wave: :applaud:

Nice pictures in the gallery btw :)

There's also a good one of a bloke next to a Capri holding a wet cloth. Had a familiar feel to it :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Peter-S wrote:Of course, they usually only move once a year - for the MOT :xd:
Peter I managed to persuade him to take my word they work so he did not splatter the windscreen and roof with screen wash like he done the previous year. Think he remembered how 'upset' I looked the year before, after my clean roof got sprinkled with some splash up from the wash. Lucky he is 'old skool' and understands :lol: :lol:
Peter-S wrote:There's also a good one of a bloke next to a Capri holding a wet cloth. Had a familiar feel to it :lol:
Methinks you are referring to yourself and your wife seeing me at the Deal Car Show after 'that thunderstorm' we experienced Peter :)

The difference with that particular encounter with rain is I actually managed to get my Capri parked up before the storm as it was forecast to hit us about mid morning which it did indeed do so. I am happy to say that no wipers were used or harmed that day. Yesterday I knew the rain was coming and was hoping to get parked up in time but the bleeding forecast was soooooo wrong it was very upsetting indeed, not just for me but the rest of the forum chaps who shared in my pain...great bunch of lads....Ok....not true....they were taking the piss out of me :lol: :lol: :lol:

But this morning the wife had to go to work so I popped down to the garage to give it a detailing spray clean and got all the road grime/brake dust from the wheels then brought it out for a drive for over an hour... :D

Image20170806_144748 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Tell you what I quite enjoyed cleaning it again this morning although the neighbours must have been thinking "he only cleaned it a couple of days ago" :wave: ...but this in no way is suggesting that I cant wait for it to rain again to go for a drive in B112. Think we have had enough excitement for one year :) :)

Took this picture when almost home from my drive. Stopped off at the local Sainsburys but I park it around the corner and walk through he carpark to the store :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

I also had a Great Day out with this one... Unfortunately Nick did miss the Free Capri Breakfast, we believe he took a wrong turning some where!!!??? They where just throwing the last few Free Breakfasts away as he turned up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: A Real Shame!!!! :xd: :xd: :xd:

Great to catch up with a few of you all again, Neil, Mark, Jeff, Les, Danny etc, etc.... Oh and Nick, sorry late again.... There's a theme starting here, was it a Bus or a Cat???

I have no more Pics to add, just my thanks to Kris & Calvin for taking the time out to arrange this for us all again!!!! Brilliant, well done you two chaps!!! All the very best to all, cheers,

John...