Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by Jasonmarie »

Your right I can remember seeing them race on the tv when I was very young with my grandfather owning a mk1 capri with my dad joking about that is how my grandfather would drive home and my Nan saying don't give him any thoughts of doing that .
Sundays were special with dinner in the afternoon the room full of smoke and me asking if I could have a fag to do the magic rings .

Good times then and no worrys .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Do you remember this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-KJ5-KNQk?

Well its been happening to me in my Golf and I thought it was the seat moving. Sit there nothing going, car not moving, rock side to side and the seat moves around and I get that squeak. Simples I think the guides are worn, quick search on ebay and for a few quid I buy myself some nice new plastic guides for both seats. And today I fit them the seats are nice and tight now, so I thinks it's gunna be squeak free now. Drives to pick the daughter up from work and its still squeaking just like before :banghead:

So I'm like the bloke in the advert grabbing everything trying to find the source of this annoying squeak! Then I find it...... its the seat belt. Every time you pull even slightly on the belt it squeaks :doh: Now I just need the rain to stop so I can get out there with the old oil can :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

sheff wrote:Do you remember this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-KJ5-KNQk?

Well its been happening to me in my Golf and I thought it was the seat moving. Sit there nothing going, car not moving, rock side to side and the seat moves around and I get that squeak. Simples I think the guides are worn, quick search on ebay and for a few quid I buy myself some nice new plastic guides for both seats. And today I fit them the seats are nice and tight now, so I thinks it's gunna be squeak free now. Drives to pick the daughter up from work and its still squeaking just like before :banghead:

So I'm like the bloke in the advert grabbing everything trying to find the source of this annoying squeak! Then I find it...... its the seat belt. Every time you pull even slightly on the belt it squeaks :doh: Now I just need the rain to stop so I can get out there with the old oil can :D
I remember the ad....Great looking car too (For a non :ford: ) :D

Re rattles and squeaks; Just turn the radio up a bit more, or fit a louder exhaust :lol:

Sodding rain again........ :doh: :goodluck:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

That advert brings back memories! The other area to cause squeaks on Golfs were the rear seat catches. A finger full of grease on each one usualyl did the trick! The seat runners do like a tiny bit of grease on them as well.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:
sheff wrote:Do you remember this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-KJ5-KNQk?

I remember the ad....Great looking car too (For a non :ford: ) :D

Re rattles and squeaks; Just turn the radio up a bit more, or fit a louder exhaust :lol:

Sodding rain again........ :doh: :goodluck:
Hmm louder exhaust! That's a thought do they do a Janspeed :D And yeah typical British summer hopefully it will be better next weekend when I'm at the Ace :)
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Paul G wrote:That advert brings back memories! The other area to cause squeaks on Golfs were the rear seat catches. A finger full of grease on each one usualyl did the trick! The seat runners do like a tiny bit of grease on them as well.
Cheers Paul, I'll get the grease gun out tomorrow :D

You bought a Mk2 GTI yet? Get in quick, there's still some good buys out there :)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

No, not yet, just bought a 2.0S Capri instead. Got to sell my kit car, Rover SD1 Vitesse and probably the Fiesta then might get one.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:No, not yet, just bought a 2.0S Capri instead. Got to sell my kit car, Rover SD1 Vitesse and probably the Fiesta then might get one.
I like the Rover SD1, a mate locally has several mostly in disrepair :(

The Mk2 Fiesta should sell easily too (No, I haven't got the room) :lol:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Goodness me, yes :) Haven't seen that for ages, amazing what you forget about.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Wonder if today's lollies will be remembered in 40 years time?!

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Wonder if today's lollies will be remembered in 40 years time?!

Nice one Paul.
Had a few Fabs and Rockets in my time :lol:

Couldn't tell you what the modern Lollies are now tbh :?
pbar

Post by pbar »

I think that I would enjoy every one of those in that picture :) Don't they just look so tasty.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:I think that I would enjoy every one of those in that picture :) Don't they just look so tasty.
:agree: Could try and work through that list :D
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
pbar wrote:I think that I would enjoy every one of those in that picture :) Don't they just look so tasty.
:agree: Could try and work through that list :D
Remember doing just that as a kid from the ice cream van on the beach over the course of a campervan holiday in Bournemouth. Happy times, Fab my favourite by far though 8-)
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:Saturday afternoon, World of Sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgzSfScRT30 EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY :applaud:

2.30 PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some familiar faces here :) I used to like Rollerball Rocco

pbar

Post by pbar »

The best kids show ever? It's got to be a contender but I'm glad that they changed Bungle, that one looks scary!

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:The best kids show ever? It's got to be a contender but I'm glad that they changed Bungle, that one looks scary!

Next to Tiswas it probably was one of the best.....I watched that a lot, Zippy was great :D Rod, Jane and Freddy there too :guitar:
:agree: Bungle looks like he's taken something :whistle:

Runaround, Take Hart, Trumpton, Camberwick Green, HOW, Banana Splits and Bagpuss too :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

All classics which you name there Andy, every one of them. Incidentally the guy who played that scary Bungle went on to voice K-9 in Doctor Who.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Incidentally the guy who played that scary Bungle went on to voice K-9 in Doctor Who.
Really...... I watched Dr Who with Tom Baker, but never a huge fan of any of the others.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Who was your favorite? http://img.bidorbuy.co.za/image/upload/ ... jacket.jpg

Mr Bump for me :D