Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by pbar »

This was a great game! I actually used to get blisters from the trigger, from playing it that much.

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:This was a great game! I actually used to get blisters from the trigger, from playing it that much.

Spent hours playing this :D :D :D And this http://www.americanplasticequipment.com ... 89x469.jpg
pbar

Post by pbar »

Good one Andy, even the boxes were great, they made you want to buy it. I used to like this too, had the same kind of ball bearing contraptions which Crossfire had -

pbar

Post by pbar »

The Green Cross Code/road safety thing would just get ridiculed by today's kids, but back then it actually helped to keep us safe!

They roped in some pretty big stars -

Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote:The Green Cross Code/road safety thing would just get ridiculed by today's kids, but back then it actually helped to keep us safe!
Kids don't have the dangers of crossing the road today, they play online instead :doh:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
pbar wrote:The Green Cross Code/road safety thing would just get ridiculed by today's kids, but back then it actually helped to keep us safe!
Kids don't have the dangers of crossing the road today, they play online instead :doh:
:agree:
Poor Willy :crying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JgaId8o9Jo
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote:Kids don't have the dangers of crossing the road today, they play online instead :doh:
The green cross code might be useful when playing Frogger! :lol:

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I remember having the Green Cross Code drummed into me at School. The main actor who did the ads was also Darth Vadar in Star Wars.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:I remember having the Green Cross Code drummed into me at School. The main actor who did the ads was also Darth Vadar in Star Wars.
Think we were all aware of the dangers back then Paul.....And he was indeed.
This just about sums up the Morons of today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/roa ... e-Man.html
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: The green cross code might be useful when playing Frogger! :lol:

Andrew.
Trust you Andrew :lol:
andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:I remember having the Green Cross Code drummed into me at School. The main actor who did the ads was also Darth Vadar in Star Wars.
Think we were all aware of the dangers back then Paul.....And he was indeed.
This just about sums up the Morons of today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/roa ... e-Man.html
Comes to something when the kids 'Darth Vader' was warning in the '70s have to be taught as adults not to cross when using their smartphones :D , some people just can't be taught ..
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

andyd wrote:
pbar wrote:This was a great game! I actually used to get blisters from the trigger, from playing it that much.

Spent hours playing this :D :D :D And this http://www.americanplasticequipment.com ... 89x469.jpg
I loved Rebound but never had Crossfire..........I still got a lot of blisters as a teen though.. :wank: :whistle:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Goodness me, yes, remember that! Thanks Andy.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Old spice (can never forget that TV advert), Hai Karate, Brut, classic aftershave!

andyd

Post by andyd »

Real Men back then Paul :lol:

Only hair product was Brylcreem.....No fancy moisturizers or gel, just basic Deodorant and Aftershave.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:Real Men back then Paul :lol:
So true, I mean, look who is advertising it, one of the greatest, hardest British heavyweight boxers ever, and a motorcycle legend who would have a crash, have his bones put back together with plates and pins and get back on! Proper sportsmen.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:Real Men back then Paul :lol:
So true, I mean, look who is advertising it, one of the greatest, hardest British heavyweight boxers ever, and a motorcycle legend who would have a crash, have his bones put back together with plates and pins and get back on! Proper sportsmen.

People you could admire.....Can't think of a modern day equivalent :?
andyd

Post by andyd »

Saturday afternoon, World of Sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgzSfScRT30 EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY :applaud:

2.30 PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny you posted that as my mum still is a accountant and back in the 70s my mum did brands hatch accounts and one day Barry come in on crutches and my mum not knowing anything about motor bikes or who was who said to him what have you done , he replies fell of my bike so she returns back and said you want to give it up before you really get hurt . After that people in the office stated laughing . Cut a long story short I have a poster signed from him with stickers .
The stickers have long gone but his poster is in the loft with albums well last time I saw them .

And still a bit of history I saw this car in Tickover at Dartford they have been working on it for a few months . It's a dream I would buy this if I had my dream garage as the sound and look is A1

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1971 ... ks-replica

Picture of car
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:Saturday afternoon, World of Sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgzSfScRT30 EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY :applaud:

2.30 PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now we're talking :) Great stuff. Total brilliant entertainment.

pbar

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote:Cut a long story short I have a poster signed from him with stickers .
That's a great little story Jason, and you must have been really pleased with that memento. He was definitely a sporting hero from that great time period. I noticed that car at Tickover too, gorgeous isn't it. The Capri really suits race car livery, imagine tearing up the road in that.