headlining colour variations ?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

headlining colour variations ?

Post by Not_Anumber »

Were dark grey ( or light black) headlinings standard on some Mk3 cars ? I thought id get a replacement headlining panel for the sunroof on my 1983 2.8i as mine had a couple of small tears but when I spoke to East Coast Trim who have provided stuff to other furum members they only had Shark Grey listed. They kindly sent a sample and it's a light colour which i guess is similar to Shark Grey seat fabric. However my headlining is best described as the colour of Halfords Dark grey flexible trim paint or maybe slightly darker. Ive got nothing to compare mine to so not sure if what I've got is standard or if it's been changed.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Re: headlining colour variations ?

Post by MS Injection »

Headlining on my 2.8 is dark grey, but I don't know if it was an option on any model.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Thanks. I'm wondering if dark grey was standard on all 2.8 cars ? I was surprised East Coast Trim don't list it if thats the case and im wondering if it is still actually available at all then.
If push comes to shove Id rather try to repair the small tears in the panel ive got rather than change the whole headlining to a non original lighter colour.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

My 2.8 headliner is dark grey too, had the same issue. I bought a half headliner from Martin @ caprigear & trimmed it to fit. Might be worth a try.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Motomobil state that they can supply headlining in a variety of colours on request.

Andrew.