Rear light panel

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Gaz-LS
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 LS rolling restoration. Golf gti 1.8 turbo as my daily car.

Rear light panel

Post by Gaz-LS »

Hi all does anyone know if you can get the rear panel which incorporates the rear lights. I know you can get the rear valance but the part above the valance I need or is it possible to get valance with the above part together? Or is it best to fine a decent one off s scrapper? Any info appreciated. Gaz
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Rear light panel

Post by Peter-S »

Gaz-LS wrote:Hi all does anyone know if you can get the rear panel which incorporates the rear lights. I know you can get the rear valance but the part above the valance I need or is it possible to get valance with the above part together? Or is it best to fine a decent one off s scrapper? Any info appreciated. Gaz
A scrapper is probably the cheaper option. You could try Martin at Capri Gear or CCI and see if they have anything. Otherwise I believe Expressed Steel Panels do the part. I think it's the last panel on this page

http://www.steelpanels.co.uk/category/f ... -3/page/2/
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I've got to put one on my 3.0S and I bought a rear end that had been chopped off an accident damaged car. It came with complete rear panel and sound inner and outer rear corners. I paid about £80 for it and bought it from a chap called Paul in Coventry who goes by the ebay name of V8MK3Capri.

His phone no is 07766 893510 and he has just about any bit you need.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

I bought a mint tail gate of this chap in Cov, he's a really nice guy and very knowledgeable :goodluck:
Gaz-LS
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 LS rolling restoration. Golf gti 1.8 turbo as my daily car.

Post by Gaz-LS »

Thanks guys I'll give paul a ring in Cov. I did look on express panels website but there's no image so wasn't completely sure it was the one I need, well I need lower valance anyway.
Tickford Man
Car(s): Tickford + 3 x 2.8i

Post by Tickford Man »

I have some used ones in Surrey.

Not on here much and wont see PM, so if interested, regular email to [email protected]