Chop Shop TV Show

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Chop Shop TV Show

Post by pbar »

Chop Shop is on one of the Freeview channels again, so was re-watching it, saw the Capri one the other day again. Anyway, Johnny Vegas did a show where they did a Golf for him. By chance, I have seen some of his own Twitter comments on the car, very amusing -

'Anyone watching repeats of CHOPSHOP should know that car was a death trap, well if it had ever run then it would've been. Piece of ####'

'The car was meant to be payment for doing the show, 5 days filming + 6 months tax & Mot and not a penny from RAW productions'

'Best acting I ever did was looking grateful at the unveiling'

'Took it for petrol but smoke pouring out meant I couldn't get on the forecourt. Drove home full revs max speed 5mph'
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Chop Shop TV Show

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote: 'Anyone watching repeats of CHOPSHOP should know that car was a death trap, well if it had ever run then it would've been. Piece of ####'
:lol: I like Johnny Vegas even more now, havn't seen this episode, but I'll look out for it. :cheers:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
pbar wrote: 'Anyone watching repeats of CHOPSHOP should know that car was a death trap, well if it had ever run then it would've been. Piece of ####'
:lol: I like Johnny Vegas even more now, havn't seen this episode, but I'll look out for it. :cheers:
I saw it....Hideous :doh:

Monkey could have done better http://creativepool.com/files/magazine/ ... bottom.jpg
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: :lol: I like Johnny Vegas even more now, havn't seen this episode, but I'll look out for it. :cheers:
I saw it....Hideous :doh:

Monkey could have done better http://creativepool.com/files/magazine/ ... bottom.jpg
:lol: And he could have consoled him with a cuppa :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

This is the Golf.

And after reading his comments I really need to re-watch this to see how good his acting reallly was!

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:This is the Golf.

And after reading his comments I really need to re-watch this to see how good his acting reallly was!

Christ that's not good, but bad and ugly.....Looks like JV is about to throw up :?

I can't really get to grips with this programme :roll:
pbar

Post by pbar »

It looks like Predator -

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:It looks like Predator -

Predator is far better looking......
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I cant believe i actually used to watch this show and think it was good.

It was fine when he was doing these sorts of things in Bangladesh where tools and facilities and resources weren't as good as they are over here (by comparison), back then it was impressive what he did with little more than a hammer and a grinder but once they started doing the same exact thing but over here where the standard of workmanship should be better and for British roads with different standards to boot it really isnt acceptable.

Makes me angry to think they murdered a Capri.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

I thought that was bad enough until I saw Martin Kemp's chop shop "gangsta car ", makes JV's golf almost acceptable :shock: ,
Apparently he sold it at a Coys auction virtually straight away, for £700! It was bought to be crushed by a monster truck for charity;
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... illo/9.jpg
andyd

Post by andyd »

Should have been called Chop Shite :D

Surprised Bernie wanted anything to do with that programme :headscratch: £££ probably.

The later Classic Car Rescue wasn't much better, with it's set up arguments etc :roll:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

andyd wrote:Should have been called Chop Shite :D

Surprised Bernie wanted anything to do with that programme :headscratch: £££ probably.

The later Classic Car Rescue wasn't much better, with it's set up arguments etc :roll:
Yeah, but at least they didnt butcher the cars in that one which is the most important thing. They actually did something worth while by actually restoring things and having them evaluated. At least they saved/preserved cars in that show, not just ruin and butcher them like in Chop Shop.

Leepu moved out to the US and did something similar to "Chop Shop" show with a different guy, his creations weren't much better. Think it was called "Leepu & Pitbull".
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
He has an autobiography out, looks to be an interesting read actually. He used to be a mechanic for the Kray brothers, sorting the cars out after they had been out on a 'job', etc.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
He has an autobiography out, looks to be an interesting read actually. He used to be a mechanic for the Kray brothers, sorting the cars out after they had been out on a 'job', etc.
Clearing the plaster dust, paint flakes and builder's sand out of the upholstery you mean? :whistle:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote:
pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
Clearing the plaster dust, paint flakes and builder's sand out of the upholstery you mean? :whistle:
Watch it!! http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-1 ... -thumb.jpg
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:
You googled his name too :lol: :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: You googled his name too :lol: :lol:
Not just now, but I have looked him up previously!