anyone need 280 seats

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
C4PR1
Car(s): two capris

anyone need 280 seats

Post by C4PR1 »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: anyone need 280 seats

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Good luck to the seller, although I can't see them selling....
It would appear that sellers think that anything off a Capri can be sold at a premium price.
There was a brief discussion about the seats on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51268

Andrew.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Have you read the description the guy is hilarious:

"here we have a rare new ford capri 280 front seats both seats are left hand side one has slight mark where something must lent on it but i think with a bit of messaging with disappear very rare to find new ones wont be here long"

:lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Dare you to ask him if that means the car would have to be driven from the back seat as both front seats are for passengers
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I couldn't resist it so have asked " Do you think the mark would disappear if someone was just sitting in the seat for a while or would they actually need to be sending messages for this to make a difference please ?" :roll:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

lol what a joke. I also only paid slightly more for my whole Capri!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Although we scoff and make a joke from listings like this, it is very unfortunate the actual harm which listings like this do. People (whether experienced in Capri's or not), see these, think that all Capri items are worth a fortune, inflate their own prices, which then has a negative effect on the scene as a whole. And even when they realise that their item isn't worth much, there is still a reluctance to sell at a reasonable cost as the seller is convinced they are losing out then. It's all very unfortunate. It will only change if people begin to sell things cheaper. Come on, who's first?!