my car-small update 17/07/14

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: my car-small update 17/07/14

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Hi Nick,

Great looking car mate, have got to get me some autoglym, condition of your car is top notch, a credit to you. Looks like it made a great chariot for your wedding too. Those polished wheels look great on a laser or 'S' model. Would love another S capri just to fit them to it!

Stopped off at a Mc Donald's today after a car show in the Capri, heads swivelled inside & I had a " great car mate" off a bloke in the next car. Left it running as I nipped in for some drinks, could hear it rumbling as I ordered. You can't hide them can you ..

Cheers,
Rob.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your kind comments mate, much appreciated. Always feels great to get nice comments from other capri owners :)

Yes Rob, using it for our wedding chariot was great. We really got loads of attention especially with my missus sitting in passenger seat in her white dress when I drove it back to the reception :) The polished 4 spokes do set it off nicely.

Sounded like you caused a bit of a stir when you stopped off at that macdonalds ! The sound of a 2.8injection special is enough to turn any ones head, not to mention the looks too ;) Looking forward to hopefully seeing (and hearing) it at some stage.

Mate, autoglym is great stuff, The super resin is the one I use, Worth the effort, except maybe in this heat ! Will give it one more wax before Ford Fair in couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work you doing on your injection special Rob,

All the best,

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

that looks stunning i do love lacquer red lasers but this ones great the alloys compliment the car so well and it looks really shiney really good paint job done there. :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

dan the capri fan wrote:that looks stunning i do love lacquer red lasers but this ones great the alloys compliment the car so well and it looks really shiney really good paint job done there. :)
Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for your kind comments fella. Much appreciated.

Just seen your post on "favourite capri wheels" so think we both share the same taste in 4-spokes mate ;)

I had standard laser ones before and as much as I loved them thought these machined ones I got now would really compliment the lacuer red/black trim. As soon as I seen them I was in total love with them mate.

I kept them boxed in garage for almost six before fitting them... the day before I got married !! We used capri for our wedding chariot so wanted to keep these for our wedding day to make their first appearance a memorable one...

Thanks again for your comments Dan, I got car up on axle stands now trying to tidy up the underneath a bit...cripes...this is gonna be a long winter... :lol:

All the best

Nick
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

That is one really nice example of a capri.

The clear indicators are a nice touch.
:spam:
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
dan the capri fan wrote:that looks stunning i do love lacquer red lasers but this ones great the alloys compliment the car so well and it looks really shiney really good paint job done there. :)
Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for your kind comments fella. Much appreciated.

Just seen your post on "favourite capri wheels" so think we both share the same taste in 4-spokes mate ;)

I had standard laser ones before and as much as I loved them thought these machined ones I got now would really compliment the lacuer red/black trim. As soon as I seen them I was in total love with them mate.

I kept them boxed in garage for almost six before fitting them... the day before I got married !! We used capri for our wedding chariot so wanted to keep these for our wedding day to make their first appearance a memorable one...

Thanks again for your comments Dan, I got car up on axle stands now trying to tidy up the underneath a bit...cripes...this is gonna be a long winter... :lol:

All the best

Nick
yes the four spokes are my favourite capri alloy and your ones look the nuts on your car. i have a soft spot for them now :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
As your car thread was down on page 6, I thought it deserved to be bumped up the order! It's also a good opportunity to ask whether you have any photos of the front after your great work painting the valance?

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:As your car thread was down on page 6, I thought it deserved to be bumped up the order! It's also a good opportunity to ask whether you have any photos of the front after your great work painting the valance?
Hey thanks Andrew :)

Mate am almost finished the front end as I decided to remove the bumper caps and refurbish them too. The valance turned out nice. Will never match the professional quality using rattle cans but still turned out pretty well and with the bumper/caps acting a a 'divider' the lower valance dont look too bad at all. Most important that loose flaking blistering paintwork is history...now with a nice solid valance that looks so much better than it was. Andrew when I fit everything back on next couple of days I will post a thread with pics.

Cheers fella

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Will never match the professional quality using rattle cans but still turned out pretty well and with the bumper/caps acting a a 'divider' the lower valance dont look too bad at all.
Hi Nick,
Yes, as you said last Sunday, you'd have to be down on your hands and knees close up and have a proper look to be able to tell the difference. No-one is going to do that at.....are they? :D
Now the valance is done, is your car all ready for Simply Ford? Not long to wait now.

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Will never match the professional quality using rattle cans but still turned out pretty well and with the bumper/caps acting a a 'divider' the lower valance dont look too bad at all.
Hi Nick,
Yes, as you said last Sunday, you'd have to be down on your hands and knees close up and have a proper look to be able to tell the difference. No-one is going to do that at.....are they? :D
Now the valance is done, is your car all ready for Simply Ford? Not long to wait now.

All the best,
Andrew.
I have one of these http://media.rs-online.com/t_large/F0394172-01.jpg So no one is safe at Simply Ford now :lol:

I can hire it out on the day to check for tracking devices :)
marylkagorska
Car(s): Capri Laser 1.6

Post by marylkagorska »

Very nice car. I envy.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

It looks in superb condition.

What is the long term report on that new 32/36 carb you fitted a while back by the way ? Did you need to change the jets to get it running right or was it pretty much there out of the box ?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

marylkagorska wrote:Very nice car
Not_Anumber wrote:It looks in superb condition.
Hey thanks guys, but still got a "to do" list that never seems to get shorter. Done quite a bit of work to it since those original pics, especially yo the interior trim/equipment. Done quite a few "projects threads" too :lol: Andrew really went back a bit in time to resurface some of those pictures when I started this thread in 2014 ! Its picked up a few marks since then as I actually drive it now...weather permitting :) Heres a more recent pic...

Image20170316_162552 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Not_Anumber wrote:What is the long term report on that new 32/36 carb you fitted a while back by the way ? Did you need to change the jets to get it running right or was it pretty much there out of the box ?
Just as you said it was pretty much there out of the box. Obviously needed a bit of setting up to get it running as good as it is now. I had some help with this from John (taff50ish) who helped me tune it up. Its a great carb coupled with the k&n air filter...

Image20170312_162234 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Thanks again guys

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Stunning!
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Its picked up a few marks since then
I've looked at the photos for hours and can't see a single one..... :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've looked at the photos for hours and can't see a single one..... :)
That's the beauty of a photograph Andrew :lol:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Stunning!
Thanks very much. Very kind of you mate :)

I am just finishing off the front valance fella. Doing the valance one thing has lead to another so I refurbished the bumper end caps and treated myself to some new over riders from CCI too. Just working on refurbishing the plastic trim strips that fit on the valance. The prep work has taken most of the time tbh. Still have B112 up on axle stands as being doing bits after work every day and in between spending a bit of time with Mrs F too :shock: I hope to have touch down next couple of days. I will then put up a few pics mate. Nothing amazingly spectacular but it is looking a lot better now that blistering paint has been sorted...just in time for Beaulieu...phew !!

Hope to get B112 along to Queens Square before the summer is out. Shame you cant make Simply Ford old chap :)

All the best

Nick