Car SOS

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Car SOS

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Tonight is a Renault 5 GT Turbo. Should be a good one :)

Nat Geo Channel 8pm...
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Car SOS

Post by andyd »

It will be a long time until I find out :( Unless I find it on Youtube etc
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Tonight is a Renault 5 GT Turbo. Should be a good one :)

Nat Geo Channel 8pm...
I had one back in the day - A nice pearl white one. 1st day I got it, I was ragging the death out of it and pulled into the car park me n the other car freaks used to frequent to show off my purchase. My mate asked me if he could look under the bonnet and when we opened it the turbo was redder than moulten lava! :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

How long will the wait be for the repeat to be broadcast on More 4? :(

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

SmokeEm wrote:I was ragging the death out of it and pulled into the car park me n the other car freaks used to frequent to show off my purchase. My mate asked me if he could look under the bonnet and when we opened it the turbo was redder than moulten lava! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave I would expect nothing less from you mate :applaud:

Were you by any chance called "BurnEm" before SmokeEm by any chance Dave ? :)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

[/quote]

I had one back in the day - A nice pearl white one. 1st day I got it, I was ragging the death out of it and pulled into the car park me n the other car freaks used to frequent to show off my purchase. My mate asked me if he could look under the bonnet and when we opened it the turbo was redder than moulten lava! :lol:[/quote]

I had a Saab 900 Turbo that used to do that too. Still got the turbo badge off the back of it it my garage!
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:How long will the wait be for the repeat to be broadcast on More 4? :(

Andrew.
Probably Autumn time :headscratch:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Tonight is a Renault 5 GT Turbo. Should be a good one :)
It was a good one Nick :) . Have to confess they never grabbed me when I was younger as I preferred coupes to hot hatches. Now I'm a fan, there's not many hot hatches I don't like. Was amazed at how good the bodywork was on this car, most of the cars they do are like Swiss cheese :!:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:It was a good one Nick :) . Have to confess they never grabbed me when I was younger as I preferred coupes to hot hatches. Now I'm a fan, there's not many hot hatches I don't like. Was amazed at how good the bodywork was on this car, most of the cars they do are like Swiss cheese :!:
Nice one Rob. Sounds like a great watch. Am waiting till I got the tv to myself to watch this episode mate. Looking forward to it now :)

Yep the Renault 5 is a funny little thing Rob. I am with you in that I was never a massive fan myself in the day, as there was just something about the rear end that did not really excite but you have to give Renault credit as it did certainly have a unique look about it. Never really liked the 'door catches' rather that 'handles' but as time has passed I do love seeing them at shows and always puts a :D on my face....and jeepers the turbo models were shit hot for speed...just ask SmokeEm Dave :lol:

I bet Tim was getting all excited though...

Cheers Rob :)