HVLP spray gun

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: HVLP spray gun

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Hey Neil, yep great stuff fella. Bring along your HVLP sprayer and I will bring my halfords trigger gun attachment so we can show Andy as he does seem very keen dont he. I will bring a spare pair of knee pads for him in case he wants to see our DIY paintjobs :)

Looking forward to Beaulieu. Not long now....

All the best mate

Nick

Could have done with one of those trigger attachments today. Trying to get a fine mist with this stuff is nearly impossible.

HFVP works well on side mouldings Nick :D

Yeah not long now till Beaulieu. Must get cracking and get this car ready :shock:

All the best
Neil
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

sheff wrote: Could have done with one of those trigger attachments today. Trying to get a fine mist with this stuff is nearly impossible.

HFVP works well on side mouldings Nick :D
Nooooo Neil, you'll awakened the HFVP expert .. ;) :D good finish on the side trims though :cool:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Caprifan Rob wrote:

Nooooo Neil, you'll awakened the HFVP expert .. ;)
TOO LATE ROB !! :wave: :woot: :guitar: :wave: :woot: :guitar: :wave: :woot: :guitar: :wave: :woot: :guitar: :wave: :woot: :guitar:
sheff wrote:HFVP works well on side mouldings Nick :D
Brilliant Neil ! Brilliant !! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Stunning job on those mouldings fella with Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint - Black . It seems like ages since we were able to enjoy the results of this remarkable 'flexible' paint ! I was wondering about giving it a try on the side mouldings mate after achieving great results spraying the entire interior with the HFVP - Dark Grey, but due to other projects thought to leave it till the spring. Really pleased you posted your results mate ! What a great finish you have achieved. 10/10 !!

I presume you applied very light coats and built it up to achieve this finish. HFVP is such a great product to work with and has once again shown its versatility and indeed why I chose HFVP as my product of the year 2016 :wave: .

I will definitely give this a go now Neil after seeing your results. I am getting very excited now. Cant wait to hear the rattle of the HFVP can and the 'click' as I snap my halfords trigger gun attachment onto the can. I have 4 cans of Black HFVP on my garage shelf at time of press :)

Anyway Neil, as said mate you done a great job fella and thanks for the heads up on your results. HFVP is always worthy of good press ! Cant wait to see your 2.8i at Beaulieu. You certainly have been very busy this winter.

All the best

Nick

Disclaimer : My obsession with Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint is in no way intended to cause offence to those less fortunate amongst us not to have experienced the delight in working with this splendid product.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Nooooo Neil, you'll awakened the HFVP expert .. ;) :D good finish on the side trims though :cool:
Sorry Rob I couldn't resist waking him..... I knew he'd react :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: I presume you applied very light coats and built it up to achieve this finish. HFVP is such a great product to work with and has once again shown its versatility and indeed why I chose HFVP as my product of the year 2016 :wave: .

I will definitely give this a go now Neil after seeing your results. I am getting very excited now. Cant wait to hear the rattle of the HFVP can and the 'click' as I snap my halfords trigger gun attachment onto the can. I have 4 cans of Black HFVP on my garage shelf at time of press :)

Anyway Neil, as said mate you done a great job fella and thanks for the heads up on your results. HFVP is always worthy of good press ! Cant wait to see your 2.8i at Beaulieu. You certainly have been very busy this winter.

All the best

Nick

Disclaimer : My obsession with Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint is in no way intended to cause offence to those less fortunate amongst us not to have experienced the delight in working with this splendid product.
Yes Nick, light coats and it certainly freshens them up. I removed mine as I was painting the car below them, however I would suggest you leave them on the car and carefully mask around them as they are a pain to get off. I cleaned mine up with a water based degreaser to make sure all traces of car polish was removed.
Not sure how it will stand up to car washes and polishing, but they certainly look good now :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:Yes Nick, light coats and it certainly freshens them up. I removed mine as I was painting the car below them, however I would suggest you leave them on the car and carefully mask around them as they are a pain to get off.
Hi Neil,

Thanks fella. I will definitely follow your advice and leave the mouldings on mate as just like you said I too have heard they can be a right pain to remove and indeed could end up doing more harm than good....knowing me ! Yep when I do them I will mask off around them and refurbish them in situ :) Probably wont get a chance to do this before Beaulieu methinks so I can see yours and get even more inspired to do them.

John was thinking of using that Forever Black stuff that Rob mentioned he had used for his rear boot spoiler so be interesting to see how he gets on with that too. Thanks again Neil.

All the best

Nick
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
John was thinking of using that Forever Black stuff that Rob mentioned he had used for his rear boot spoiler so be interesting to see how he gets on with that too. Thanks again Neil.

All the best

Nick
Hi Nick,

See what you think at Beaulieu when you see them. My only concern is how long the finish will last as its more of an interior paint. I will also be interested to see how Johns turns out using the Forever black.

All the best
Neil
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sheff wrote:See what you think at Beaulieu when you see them.
Thanks Neil, I will do just this fella :)
sheff wrote:My only concern is how long the finish will last as it is more of an interior paint
Neil, I am no expert on HFVP ( :) ) but I do know it is also designed for use on plastic bumpers and wing mirrors so as these are obviously exterior trim automotive trim items, I guess it should last well, especially when applied to a very high standard exactly like you have mate, building it up with light coats until you achieve the desired finish.

After all Neil HFVP is extremely 'flexible' old chap and was my Product of the Year 2016...but I think I may have mentioned this exciting fact before :wave:

All the best fella.

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
For the side mouldings, you can use Halfords bumper paint. It's good stuff and it's a bit cheaper than the vinyl paint.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:HFVP works well on side mouldings
Glad HFVP works in an HVLP sprayer... :)

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

So today I flatted it back with 1200 paper and some cutting compounds and this was the result.

Its not perfect, but neither is the rest of the paintwork on the car so I'm happy enough :D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Nice job Neil :applaud:

Thats a tricky bit of painting you've had to do. Job well done mate. Nice one :)

I finishing off my valance mate. Just as you said yourself, its not perfect but am very happy how its turned out. Never gonna get a showroom finish with a rattle can but good enough for me and importantlyI got a solid valance again. No blistering/loose paintwork. Report to follow :x

Neil you been very busy this winter/spring. Really looking forward to meeting up with you at Beaulieu !

All the best

Nick
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Great effort Neil :D
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Nice job Neil :applaud:

Thats a tricky bit of painting you've had to do. Job well done mate. Nice one :)

I finishing off my valance mate. Just as you said yourself, its not perfect but am very happy how its turned out. Never gonna get a showroom finish with a rattle can but good enough for me and importantlyI got a solid valance again. No blistering/loose paintwork. Report to follow :x

Neil you been very busy this winter/spring. Really looking forward to meeting up with you at Beaulieu !

All the best

Nick
Cheers Nick... If it keeps it looking good and keeps the rust at bay then its good enough for me.

Fitted these today

Hoping its gunna stop better now :D

See you at Beaulieu mate hopefully you'll be in your car so I can see your spray job. The valance is the next thing on my list of bodywork jobs, but probably next year as I want to start driving it now.

All the best
Neil
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:Great effort Neil :D
Cheers Andy :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Neil,
I agree with the other comments, the finished result looks superb.

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Neil,
I agree with the other comments, the finished result looks superb.

Andrew.
Cheers Andrew. You can check it out next time we meet up at Queens Square :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote: You can check it out next time we meet up at Queens Square :D
Don't worry Neil, I will! :lol:
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Another little job with the HVLP sprayer.

My winter wheels for the Golf

This thing is really paying for itself...... Next job will be a set of doors to replace the rusty ones on the Golf :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:Another little job with the HVLP sprayer.

Hi Neil,
What a superb finish, those wheels look like they are brand new.
The more photos I see of your work, the more tempted I am to buy a sprayer for myself.

Andrew.