Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Caprifan Rob wrote: like all these games, they're a hassle to set up. Much easier to pick up a controller & get lost in Grand Theft Auto :)
MouseTrap springs to mind Rob :)

https://goo.gl/images/vdiOMg

https://youtu.be/Pk1ue1tolFc
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:MouseTrap springs to mind
Did anybody actually get around to playing the game properly after setting it up?

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Did anybody actually get around to playing the game properly after setting it up?
:lol: Yep I cant remember the instructions or rules of the game Andrew but I always trapped the mouse ! Daft thing was always getting caught....and as for that guy that loved diving into an empty barrel..... :lol:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:The Cricket version of Subbuteo... "World Cup Cricket" by Peter Pan

https://uk.picclickimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE ... an-_57.jpg

I had this game :)
There was an actual Subbuteo cricket Nick, which I had. But I had the same one as you also, very enjoyable game! Think mine was called Test Match though, or something similar.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Still can't get over the price of that 14" TV , must have been a hell of a price in 1978, I guess 'Teleton' was a big name in the '70s, it was also a 'cutting edge' colour model too :D
It's crazy isn't it Rob, must of been a weeks wages or something for that size of TV back then.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:
Still can't get over the price of that 14" TV , must have been a hell of a price in 1978, I guess 'Teleton' was a big name in the '70s, it was also a 'cutting edge' colour model too :D
It's crazy isn't it Rob, must of been a weeks wages or something for that size of TV back then.
More like a months pay for some I reckon...... £50 a week was probably good then.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
pbar wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:
More like a months pay for some I reckon...... £50 a week was probably good then.
Goodness me, if that's the case then Andy, it sure makes you appreciate what your parents went through to provide these things for you when you're a kid!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:
Goodness me, if that's the case then Andy, it sure makes you appreciate what your parents went through to provide these things for you when you're a kid!
:agree:
Got this from a google search written in 2009 re;1980.
While Britons got by on an average wage of £6,000 (the equivalent of about £19,000 today), petrol cost 28p a litre (90p), a pint of beer was 35p (£1.10), a loaf of bread 33p (£1.10) and a pint of milk 17p (54p).
pbar

Post by pbar »

You can't help but smile at those prices! It's absolutely crazy how everything increases by so much.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I remember that in late 1979, when I passed my driving test, I bought an immaculate 1967 Mini MK1 for £225 and it cost me as a 17 year old £84 for a year's third party fire and theft insurance. In 1980 my Dad got me my 2.0S Capri from his company as he was sick of the mini leaking oil everywhere and that cost £360 Fully Comp to insure. Imagine a 17 year old trying to get a car like that insured today!
pbar

Post by pbar »

A Mini and a Capri, excellent! And the thing is Paul, back then, those kind of costs seemed to be within reach of the average person. But now for a 17 year old, insurance companies seem to count up in thousands.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Paul G wrote:Imagine a 17 year old trying to get a car like that insured today!
When I passed my test in 2012 I made calls to everyone asking to get quotes on my 1.6 Laser and the cheapest quote I was offered was £9k!!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar

Post by pbar »

Yes, I did Andy :) Spent an age on that thing, and similar electronic games. In fact, I became obsessed with getting the score to go over into the 'unknown' digit to see what would happen. And when I did, the display simply read 'GOOD'. I think I expected more, but at least I got to know!

Great game that, I scoured the local shops for a mains adapter as the batteries kept running out so quick I was playing it that much.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Yes, I did Andy :) Spent an age on that thing, and similar electronic games. In fact, I became obsessed with getting the score to go over into the 'unknown' digit to see what would happen. And when I did, the display simply read 'GOOD'. I think I expected more, but at least I got to know!

Great game that, I scoured the local shops for a mains adapter as the batteries kept running out so quick I was playing it that much.
Hi Paul,
Back in 1981 this came out.......I had the mains lead too :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:Anyone else have one of these? http://www.simplyeighties.com/resources ... 20Game.jpg
My brother had one of these, never got to play it as he was obsessed by it. Every time I went to try it, the batteries were dead :) , it's still in my mothers attic :!:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote: , it's still in my mothers attic :!:
Go get it :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
And if you're thinking of selling it, give me a shout.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Yep I had one if these too chaps :wave:

Loved it ! Brilliant game and great sound effects ! I ended up giving it away. Hindsight !!
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
I'd be afraid to play it now, in case I got addicted :D
pbar wrote: And if you're thinking of selling it, give me a shout.
Next time I go down there, I'll have a look for it. If my brother hasn't 'found it' it's yours. Just don't tell him I'm looking for it .. ;)