STUFF

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

STUFF

Post by nigecapri »

Hi Guys 'n Gals, - plenty of us keep a few Capri parts tucked away in storage just in case we need them one day and you can't get your hands on them for love nor money anywhere.
You may not give a fuck, I may be pissing in the wind, but, there have been things going on behind the scenes very recently that may have unpleasant consequences. I hope they don't. If the power stations do happen to run out of juice this winter and we get power cuts, this will totally negatively impact all electronic cash register systems for the duration. i.e. no shopping for fuel of food or online anything. You might be able to buy from smaller shops using cash notes & coins - you might find they're closed! The aforementioned things going on behind the scenes are nothing to do with insufficient megawatt capacity of power stations in a cold winter - they have occurred within the past few days and I personally have taken them into account. Do you have a useable amount of cash at home? Do you have ten days supply of something to eat and drink tucked away in a cupboard? If you have an hour to spare tomorrow then nip into town to visit the supermarket & ask for your cash-back in fivers. If you contemplate doing it next weekend then you will not get around to doing it!
I hope I have wasted my time posting this up. I don't like wasting my time. I don't usually waste my time.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Re: STUFF

Post by SmokeEm »

Am I missing something here?

You been on the sauce early Nige :beer:
turbo-mike
Car(s): capri 2.8, focus van, st focus

Post by turbo-mike »

must admit it looks like the sort of post when someone has had to much to drink. maybe we will be enlightened.
mike
nigecapri

Post by nigecapri »

FYI

Freshly reported:
J. Rothschild has offloaded a big heap of stocks & shares and swapped them for gold and gold miners, there are movements of U.S. Hardware in sensitive European regions, Germany and Finland have advised citizens to stock up with minimum ten days supply of food & water, there was a reported possible assassination attempt on A. Merkel last week and G Soros dumped 37% of his share holdings in favour of gold in may!

Rothschilds know what is happening in the world, they own half the banking sector
http://www.whatinvestment.co.uk/financi ... gold.thtml

And because the Danube might overflow its banks - this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... and-water/

But the Danube doesn't run through Finland-
https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1884

I didn't see this on MSN News last week:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... l--8706692

Big election due in USA, also in European governments. Private polls show D. Trump is set to do well, that won't go down well with the suits, they might kick up a fuss. They might not.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

nigecapri wrote:no shopping for fuel of food or online anything

Depressing to admit, but I think I wouldn't know what to do with myself if there was a power/internet failure! I hope this is just tinfoil hatting! Still, I might stock up on some bits anyway, never hurts to be prepared.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Perhaps I'll stock pile enough petrol for a trip to Grimsby where a man wiser than me might be prepared!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

I moved to a village. Went to the shop and wanted milk, they didn't have milk so came back with eggs and bread. Mrs not happy. Went a week later and same thing happened. I'm sick of eggs and bread and really need milk. Mrs has left as she'd had enough of dry weetabix. I stayed but still no milk, very sore throat. Shop is now closed as it appears everyone else has left unbeknown to me. I have a great time playing my music loud as nobody will complain but I do not have any milk and due to no customers the buses no longer come. I may get invaded as my army is weak and of top of that I am milk less and board. You are right definitely something at play. Stuff indeed.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I moved to a village. Went to the shop and wanted milk, they didn't have milk so came back with eggs and bread. Mrs not happy. Went a week later and same thing happened. I'm sick of eggs and bread and really need milk. Mrs has left as she'd had enough of dry weetabix. I stayed but still no milk, very sore throat. Shop is now closed as it appears everyone else has left unbeknown to me. I have a great time playing my music loud as nobody will complain but I do not have any milk and due to no customers the buses no longer come. I may get invaded as my army is weak and of top of that I am milk less and board. You are right definitely something at play. Stuff indeed.
Hey mate for a min there I thought I was reading lyrics to a Dire Straits song. Reminds me of "Telegraph Road"....people came, settled then closed up...but I am sure that milk was aplenty for them :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

This thread is pretty surreal. I think we need to hear from Major Tom next on this topic.....
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Nothing wrong with stocking up on the basics.. anything could happen. 25 years ago we had no air conditioning in our supermarkets, there were fewer people.. we ate food closer to its sell by date (or after it)... its only logical to say that supply is having trouble keeping up with our increasing desire for perfection and to feel special. We live in a society where consumerism and materialism rules. It's all false, and can't be sustained. I haven't read anything about that, its just logical.

This society we have constructed won't last forever and if people can fight each other and draw blood over a fucking television set, think Black Friday, imagine what it would be like if / when people start fighting over a pallet of clean water to feed the family.

My advice? Start learning to hunt and gut animals. I eat roadkill if it's in good shape. Learn how to prepare a meal from dead things and not froma packet. Apply for a SGC. Buy an air rifle if you can't. You can buy a decent compound bow for less than £75. Learn how to use (and store them) them safely and effectively. Re-learn some old skills. Its possible nothing might happen, in which case you have some new skills and life experience. The other extreme is that these skills and stocking up on some basics might save you and your loved one's lives. It's not out of fear we should prepare for the worst, it's just common sense. And at least you can die knowing you tried if the worst should happen.

Hopefully it's nothing, but logic says be prepared. I was a boy scout though, so it would.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I moved to a village. Went to the shop and wanted milk, they didn't have milk so came back with eggs and bread. Mrs not happy. Went a week later and same thing happened. I'm sick of eggs and bread and really need milk. Mrs has left as she'd had enough of dry weetabix. I stayed but still no milk, very sore throat. Shop is now closed as it appears everyone else has left unbeknown to me. I have a great time playing my music loud as nobody will complain but I do not have any milk and due to no customers the buses no longer come. I may get invaded as my army is weak and of top of that I am milk less and board. You are right definitely something at play. Stuff indeed.

Hey mate for a min there I thought I was reading lyrics to a Dire Straits song. Reminds me of "Telegraph Road"....people came, settled then closed up...but I am sure that milk was aplenty for them :)
I have no idea if it is linked to dire straights. I thought this thread was so confusing and random I thought I'd contribute with this. This was told to me as a joke once, it left me confused so I just smirked and walked off perplexed thinking I'm the thickest person in the country. I still don't get it so with this thread maybe someone can explain. Answers on a postcard.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

TBH if you rely on heavily censored news sources for your information e.g the BBC and SKY (just propaganda in reality) you won't have a clue what Nige is on about.
nigecapri

Post by nigecapri »

This from the recent federal reserve meeting at Jackson Hole Wyoming:

https://www.kansascityfed.org/~/media/f ... .pdf?la=en

5.A Abolish Paper Currency
The most straightforward way to unencumber interest rate policy completely at the zero bound is to abolish paper currency.39 In principle, abolishing paper currency would be effective, would not need new technology, and would not need institutional modifications. However, the public would be deprived of the widely-used bundle of services that paper currency uniquely provides—a generally accepted paper medium of exchange providing transactions services especially for low-value transactions; a readily accessible, safe liability of the central bank; a store of value; a degree of privacy in financial management; and the option to hold money outside the banking system and to withdraw deposits at par as paper currency in times of financial stress. Hence, the public is likely to resist the abolition of paper currency until mobile access to bank deposits becomes cheaper and more easily available, ATM charges for access to paper currency become excessive, and/or electronic currency substitutes become widely available.

5.C Provide Electronic Currency (to Pay or Charge Interest) at Par with Deposits
Recent advances in payments technology in conjunction with the widespread use of the internet, Wi-Fi, and the smart phone provide a convenient, low cost alternative to the use of paper currency for point-of-sale transactions. Building on these developments, one can imagine the central bank offering electronic currency as a substitute for paper currency. As a direct liability of the central bank, electronic currency would be as safe as paper currency. A currency card could be issued on a corresponding numbered currency card account. The card could be a bearer instrument in the sense that it could be used to buy goods like a gift card is used today. The currency card could be set up to debit whatever funds are in the corresponding account. Point-of-sale technology is already widely available and equipped to read electronic cards and make direct transfers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This from an observer: "Right now, all of this is a textbook academic discussion. It's a template, a blueprint, a plan. But every good plan to take away freedom and liberty and exert more control requires a catalyst, a crisis that makes people ask for the chains you're going to shackle on them.

Back to the question, How do you turn an unpopular idea into the law of the land?

You need to orchestrate a crisis. In this case, you need to give people a compelling and urgent reason for wanting to get rid of their cash and using an electronic currency card. How do you do it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of my observations; Crises have been arranged, to make valid the situation for countering the circumstances that lead to these crises. Bomb Arabia because they blew up the twin-towers & pentagon (blatant evidence everywhere that it was an inside job. Just google: Building 7 ) Gun control in U.S. because loonies shoot up kids schools i.e. Sandy Hook +several others (blatant evidence everywhere that it was an inside job. google Mind control ) Boston Bombing blatant evidence everywhere that it was an inside job)
U.K. Some people want to ban handguns in private ownership - never happen! Please refer here back to a previous statement: "Right now, all of this is a textbook academic discussion. It's a template, a blueprint, a plan. But every good plan to take away freedom and liberty and exert more control requires a catalyst, a crisis that makes people ask for the chains you're going to shackle on them."
Dunblane - a prime candidate had his handgun licence revoked by the firearms licensing officer but a 'higher authority' authorised it to be re-instated. Why on earth would he do that I wonder?
It's a funny old world.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

nigecapri wrote:blatant evidence everywhere that it was an inside job. .
Evidence of course is often open to interpretation (as my first stint of jury service this year ably demonstrated) and there is also evidence out there to support the accepted version of events. The Mrs loves to watch those alien programmes where experts will have you believe that the 'only' explanation for certain things they cannot otherwise explain is a visitation from space. They jump to big conclusions in my view. Of course I may be wrong but a lot of 'proof' is often not properly substantiated and is based on an alternative that isn't properly supported either.
I like to keep an open mind but, as you say Nige, funny old world.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
nigecapri

Post by nigecapri »

Peter-S wrote:'only' explanation for certain things they cannot otherwise explain is a visitation from space

I've seen that approach too. My guess is that because the proponents can't accept that humans were once capable of technology and engineering on a par or more advanced than of today, then the only other possibility is aliens. There are plenty of ancient megalithic sites around the globe with works that we could not replicate today, and of which we still cannot fathom the reason they were designed and built as they are. That doesn't mean that we didn't build them, just that we have lost that knowledge - civilisations usually only last a few thousand years at most.
That said, I don't personally discount the possibility of ETI. The recent photography of the Milky Way's (so far) billion stars does help with this stuff, there are lots of galaxies out there http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016 ... g-space-m/
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

In regard to the firearms laws in this country (and in particular the hand gun ban refrerred to) it is all rather convenient given that successive governments have acted against the interests of their own people and turned the country into a powder keg. Armed rebellion is now impossible, but would have a been a distinct possibility I fear if things continue the way they are, which they probably will.

It's like the migrant crisis, totally manufactured. Do you honestly think that Merkel invited half of the third world to come to Europe out of sheer humanity? For the answer read up on the Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan (it's real and she's won two awards for her contribution towards its implementation)....
nigecapri

Follow Up

Post by nigecapri »

Happy New Year.

Perhaps someone had a bit of early inside info last year:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/rus ... li=BBoPWjQ
"more than 10,000 in the area near the north of Finland and Norway"
"the drill rehearsed a "shock campaign" against Nato countries such as Germany and the Netherlands"

You might remember this from my post last september(see above)
"Hardware in sensitive European regions, Germany and Finland have advised citizens to stock up with minimum ten days supply of food & water,"
---

For anyone interested in cryptographic currency / Blockchain tech (wakey wakey ) Ether is often mentioned as being something to keep an eye on. Easiest entry is an account with Coinbase. Do read up beforehand on precautions etc. Also look at other cryptos/token & ICO's - Initial Coin Offerings, but take advice before moving.