mk3 centre console clock

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
simon
Car(s): ford capri

mk3 centre console clock

Post by simon »

hi i have a 1979 mk 3 capri and the centre console clock has white dials with a red ticker is this correct, has ive been told that these where used in the mk2s , its exactly the same as the ones with the yellow hands . By looking at it its the original one, or did ford fit these on the early mk3 s as they did with the steering wheel.
It also has the mk2 steering wheel with the ford badge in it .i was told at a show that the first 1979 mk3s had the mk2 steering wheel fitted up until they changed it for the 3 spoke a year later, so did ford do this with the centre console clock changing it to yellow hands a year later and does anyone now anything about this subject ?

i
Grant007
Car(s): Capri COO 260T

Re: mk3 centre console clock

Post by Grant007 »

Simon, you will find with the change over period from MK2's > 3's as with most model cars if it is an early Mk3 for example it will have certain parts from the Mk2, I have a very early Mk3 and it was fitted with MK2 Carpet (slightly different Pile and green Tinted windows like the Mk2 rather than bronze timts like the Mk3's had, does the clock match the dash clock's? My console and clock in my early Mk3 isnt visable at the moment as it is all wrapped up, also the needles on the clock do fade with sunlight, much like the Dyno Road Vans in that orangy Dayglow colour, in the end with too much sunlight they actually fade to near on white,!! :o :cry:
With regards
Grant ;)
simon
Car(s): ford capri

Re: mk3 centre console clock

Post by simon »

hi my dash clocks all have orange needles for everything and not white like the centre console clock.