bad parking. shaming

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
c.turff
Car(s): Ford capri mk3 1,6 laser. Daily driver ( LPG converted )

bad parking. shaming

Post by c.turff »

Saw this a couple of times in the rushden and wellingborough area. Well said I feel.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: bad parking. shaming

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
That's indicative of the inconsiderate, selfish an inattentive drivers who seem to have taken over our roads. The chalked message would have had more of an impact in paint down the side of the car, though! :x
All the best,
Andrew.
Rosso Russ
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser, Rosso Red, 39,000 Miles

Post by Rosso Russ »

Truly epically bad parking!
Russell A Macfarlane
Fife, Scotland
1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser, Rosso Red, 39,000 Miles
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

I've parked taking up 6 spaces before. If it's an empty car park who cares? If not, then the driver is exactly as the message describes her.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Perhaps the driver of that car was fed up with dents and scrapes from other inconsiderate drivers not caring how far and hard they open their doors and scrape past the car alongside them in what seems to be ever narrowing car parking spaces?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
pbar wrote:Perhaps the driver of that car was fed up with dents and scrapes from other inconsiderate drivers not caring how far and hard they open their doors and scrape past the car alongside them in what seems to be ever narrowing car parking spaces?
Well, there is that. Two sides to every story (photograph?) I suppose.
Andrew.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Merely doing what it says on the bottom of your driving licence.... 'tear down the dotted line'
Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Post by Adlen85 »

I meant to leave a note for someone a while ago who blocked my Capri down an alley way.

Had no paper.

Used a Sharpie marker on his windscreen.

:lol:
Bigdek67
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser, 2009 Mondeo TDCi 140, 2010 Focus Zetec
Absent Friends: 1979 1.6GL (FSS 280V), 1984 1.6 Laser (B375 DSE), 1984 1.6 Laser (B990 KRS)

Post by Bigdek67 »

Happens round our way a lot too. Not so much the spaces getting smaller though, more a case of cars (and people) getting fatter. Audi Q7s, Range Rovers, BMW X5s etc seem to be the biggest culprits but I've seen all sorts doing it.
You also get those who park right on the line, not actually taking up two spaces but making the adjacent space too narrow for anyone to actually use.
nathaliecorz30

Post by nathaliecorz30 »

I have seen a lot of bad parking through the streets and due to rapid increase of bad drivers, numerous individuals think shaming bad motorists is a great idea and more seem to be warming to the idea. A municipal court in Cleveland, Ohio, recently ordered a woman shamed for driving on the sidewalk to bypass a bus.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
:spam: alert!

Although this thread did remind me that the other week I was in a cemetery talking to one of the employees while a lady minister was trying to park her Mk4 Golf.
It was a dead straight (excuse the pun) length of kerb with no other cars parked in the immediate vicinity. After several attempts at parking she still managed to end up at a good 45 degrees away from parallel to the kerb. As she was in danger of damaging some memorial plates, the cemetery worker had to intervene.
With drivers like that around it is, perhaps, understandable that the driver in the original post does not wish to have other people attempting to park near their car.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote:...understandable that the driver in the original post does not wish to have other people attempting to park near their car.
Which reflects what I said a few posts back, yes. I will often take great care to park properly in a spot, making sure that the cars on either said have plenty of room, especially the car(s) which have the driver's side adjacent to me (as obviously a considerate passenger may wait for their driver to reverse out of the gap before they try to get in). It's very disheartening to see, as I walk from the car someone else driving into a gap next to mine, without the same level of care, leaving themselves six inches to open their door, struggling and squeezing.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: leaving themselves six inches to open their door, struggling and squeezing.
Struggling and squeezing to get out the car when there is somebody watching. When there is nobody watching I would imagine that some people are a lot less careful.

Whenever I visit stores with large car parks, I always park at the furthest spot away from the store where there are plenty of spaces. My logic is obvious, who else would park so far from the store and have to walk to the entrance when there are plenty of spaces much nearer? However, when I return to the car I can guarantee that somebody will have parked in one of the adjacent spaces, despite the rest of the car park being almost completely empty!

Andrew.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Adlen85 wrote:I meant to leave a note for someone a while ago who blocked my Capri down an alley way.

Had no paper.

Used a Sharpie marker on his windscreen.

:lol:
Had that happen to me one time. I was goign to do that but then realised it would be obvious who had left the note, and if the driver was as much of an asshole as his inconsiderate parking suggested, I could come back to slashed tyres or keyed paint :evil: If it happens again I will seriously consider reaching through the window, releasing the handbrake and rolling the car away. I will let you use your imagination as to how I would open the window!
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Tamworthbay
Car(s): Y reg 1.6L in imperial red, ex owner of 3.0s and 2.0 GL in gorgeous Tibetan gold

Post by Tamworthbay »

This is where you can get a lot of satisfaction out of driver a crappy old car. I used to love parking my old passat estate so close there was no way they could get into the drivers seat without climbing over.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Why would you want to be like that?