Fitting Rear Seatbelts..

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
William Walters

Fitting Rear Seatbelts..

Post by William Walters »

Okay I know I keep posting about sorting the seat belts but this is all very new to me!

I went to fit the seat belts in today, and was pretty sure I found the 4 fixing points for the bolts, but could not find the guiding holes for the spikes on the seatbelt reel (if that makes sense). I worry that they may have been filled in during its resto from the previous owner?

Anyway I took a few photos, please help me out!

rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Re: Fitting Rear Seatbelts..

Post by rich_jc »

I can't quite tell from the pics, but I think you're looking in the wrong place for the actual seat belt reel holes. These will be located underneath the two plastic rear speaker shelves either side of the parcel shelf.

If they don't have holes in them already, you will need to make some. If you look closely at the underside of those trims, you will see an outline of where they should be cut.

The holes in the pics look like the holes for the seat belt buckle and the lower trailing part of the belt.

Rich
William Walters

Post by William Walters »

rich_jc wrote:I can't quite tell from the pics, but I think you're looking in the wrong place for the actual seat belt reel holes. These will be located underneath the two plastic rear speaker shelves either side of the parcel shelf.

If they don't have holes in them already, you will need to make some. If you look closely at the underside of those trims, you will see an outline of where they should be cut.

The holes in the pics look like the holes for the seat belt buckle and the lower trailing part of the belt.

Rich
Ah okay thanks, and what your saying is for just a lap belt yeah?

Will
caprikid61
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 20l laser getting her back after 5 years away

Post by caprikid61 »

Sorry for bringing the old post back again but I am having a nightmare trying to figure out how the roller part of the rear seatbelt fits .

I bought the securon pn 254 seatbelts for both sides , I have removed all trims required and can see some holes but there is only one that is threaded and the biggest bolt that came with the belts does seem to fit but cant figure out what way thw reel sits?

I understand that the part with the rear speakers has to be cut and can see where it should be cut but still dont have a clue how to go about putting everything together.

Does anyone have any photos of the reel on there rear seat belts ? So I can try and work this one out. I have spent a good part of the day getting to this point so dont want to put it all back together without fitting the seatbelts ! As far as I can see the whole reel is held on with one bolt is that right?? . Cheers Alex