the 3 ltr s project begins

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
simon.rob
Car(s): ford capri 3.0s ongoing restoration, white 2.8 injection and daily driver is a 2.0 seat leon fr

the 3 ltr s project begins

Post by simon.rob »

just brought myself a genuine 3 ltr s. the car has been stripped down and been welded etc and currently sits in primer ready for top coat, this is the stage it was at when i got it.

i have most of the bits now at my house just waiting to get a shed to put the engine block front seats and various trim.

theres some bits missing as i was pre warned when i got it but will have to get the bits as i go

originally rosso red will soon be metallic blue

will update with photos asap :D

if anyone has info on where to get :...

# new window seals
# s stripes for the sides
# exhaust for the v6 manifold system, only came with one
# wheres the best place to get the radiator reconditioned ?

...that would be awesome

thanks alot

si

:guitar:
simon.rob
Car(s): ford capri 3.0s ongoing restoration, white 2.8 injection and daily driver is a 2.0 seat leon fr

Re: the 3 ltr s project begins

Post by simon.rob »

photos that didnt work ..
Last edited by simon.rob on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Hi mate,
If you hadn't moved hangars today you could have started your collection off with a Haynes manual. It's on my desk, so hopefully you'll get it tomorrow.

The striping kits can be had from Capri Club International. I'm a member so can get them for you if needed. I think they do custom colours too...........or used to?
East Kent Trim do all the rubbers you'll need. They advertise in Classic Ford. I've got back copies if you need the address.
I have a spare windscreen rubber if you need one.
Must be somewhere local that does radiators, try the Yellow Pages for Kings Lynn.
Before you buy another standard exhaust manifold, consider whether you want to upgrade to a sportier system, with manifolds to match. No point wasting cash!
Bug

Post by Bug »

And something more important I've just noticed!
The strut top mounting nuts aren't done up tight are they?
Make sure you sort that before you try to move it!

Got some spare wheels here you can use if those one's won't hold air anymore.
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

ha yeah! thanks for the manual martin iv been reading through it

i checked out the east kent trim and they do all of it, will have to get some from there pretty soon! ahh yeah you may have saved my life there with those strut nuts!

ahh yeah that would be awesome thanks mate, il let u know if tims moving her to spray her or once its done. apparently they hold air but go down after 15 mins or so

off work with suspect glandular fever / tonsilitus at mo but as soon as i can il get sorting through the parts iv got in garage and make space for the remaining bits at adams

cheers

si
Jake

Post by Jake »

Look luck with the work,

You can change the Drives/Cars section in your profile now :D
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

done :)
crowthornecapris
Car(s): BMW E36 323i SE

Post by crowthornecapris »

Hi, I have a spare set of black s stripes if needed.
PM me and if interested we will work out a price.
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

cheers dude but im after some white ones :D gona try do the car dark blue :)

:guitar:
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

Bug

Post by Bug »

No front seats?

You're bound to find all sorts of minor bits missing.
I'll help you with a list as you go on with it.
Hopefully Adam still has some, but failing that we should be able to sort most stuff.
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

dont worry got front seats, just yet to pick them up from adams garage, i have sourced a trailer to pick up the engine block, am getting a crane friday if at johnsons is open, and will get seats and rest of interior at same time.

considering getting an mot failure to steal the missing bits off or search for a car for breaking

cheers

si
Bug

Post by Bug »

Adam has a crane in his garage to lift the engine in with, so don't bother to take yours over there.
Reckon we could maybe do a deal on breaking one if you find one. Fancy going halves? On the understanding that your need for bits is greater than mine so you get first choice!!
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

ahh brill, do u think its a 2 man lift when its back this end ? incase i dont get a crane in time

yeah might be a good idea that, would it be ok to keep at urs ? some things off top of my head i know il need are:

interior screws
centre console arm rest bolster thing
head lights and all attaching parts
bumpers

and most probably more :|

cheers mate

si
Bug

Post by Bug »

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement ;)

In the meantime, keeping making a list as you think of stuff.
I've got pots full of screws and fixings, several headlights, with backplates and plastic shrouds
and many other bits. I can stick bits in a box for you as you think of them, so we can guarantee they won't go to anyone else.

Might struggle to lift an Essex between two of you given that you're something of a racing snake :D
Maybe ask Adam if you can borrow the crane? Unless you need to fork out for one it's a lot of money when maybe a few beers in his direction would do it?
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

awesome thanks! yeah i have only some bits for the headlights as you can see, and no top covers for under the bonnet.

haha very true yeah i might have to talk nicely to him see if i can borrow his crane. you mentioned you could get the s stripes from a capri club ? any chance you could see how much a set of white ones are? or is it something id be able to do ?

gonna go crazy and buy loads of ford magazines and source the best places to get new parts such as a performance exhaust system and some nice alloy wheels. will try get as much as i can sorted before i get the shell back here. the weddings kinda ruined this weekends progress as friday afternoon is when i have free time to get things sorted but i imagine everywhere will be shut :S

will update soon as progress is made :D

cheers!

si
Bug

Post by Bug »

CCI do better prices for members.........lucky for you that you know one.
I'll get back to you when I've checked prices.
Better still, search for Capri Club International online and you'll find their full catalogue there.

I'd suggest getting to a few shows too, if possible.
Best way to see what wheels look like is to actually walk round a Capri with them fitted.

As for exhausts, if you're doing it properly then best to save your pennies for a Janspeed. nothing else comes close for fit!

I'm about on Friday so you could always pop over and maybe sort out some smaller bits.
got to be out by 6.30 though. No2 son's U12 team are in the local cup final, under floodlights on a 'proper' pitch. Big occasion for him so can't be late!
simon.rob

Post by simon.rob »

ahaa :D thanks mate i shall have a gander on cci site

yeah gonna go to retro car shows with my mate whos just rebuilt a mini :D

janspeed is that the brand name or the model of exhaust which matches ?

ahh dam i think i got to your reply a bit late :S how did the match go ?

im back home today so can try get some things sorted been at wells with the other half since thursday :) gonna get in touch with adam today and mention the crane then il talk to uncle get his trailer and nip over when hes free.

cheers

si
Bug

Post by Bug »

Janspeed is the make.
Don't worry, as soon as you pick up those mags and start 'gen'ing up you'll soon know what I'm on about ;)

As for the U12s. They scraped by with a 7 - 1 win to secure their second league and cup double in two seasons. Not bad for a village side (Mundford) taking on the big boys from Thetford Town.

I'm in all day Monday if that's any help to you?