Giving up on my 2.8 restoration

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Giving up on my 2.8 restoration

Post by Beakster »

I've decided to throw the towel in with my 2.8 resto. I'm leaving UK in 7 weeks and I'm never going to get it all done, so better I sell the parts off now as I need the cash.

The shell has had a massive load of work done on it, but still needs more. It will need new rear arches, and new sills, plus more work to inner sills. Have a look at my thread in the Projects forum for pictures. I think it would be a good project for someone as the front end is nice and solid now.

I think I'm really going to have to sell the shell seperate from the parts but might do a deal for the right person. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise the shell will need to be scrapped :(. I'd like to see it saved, especially as I've done so much work on it.

Link to thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1710
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Re: Giving up on my 2.8 restoration

Post by capri_sam »

NOOOOO! Bad Chris, very bad Chris. That's a real shame dude, after so much work as well. But you've got to do what you've got to do I suppose. It'll make a cracking car once it's finished, I'm sure. You've done an awesome resto on it so far!
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
dixy1949

Post by dixy1949 »

it,s a leg-end, don,t let it die mate.
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Post by Supercharged Nat »

That is a shame mate, but like you said, youve got to do it. I hope you manage to find a good home for it too. how bad is the rear?- can you post up any pictures?

Good luck with the future! Im still working on mine too.
haydn_gnarlerboy
Car(s): Crap 2.0 laser capri, fully modded and fully falling apart.
3.5 V8 Ford Popular (mainly daily driver)
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

Post by haydn_gnarlerboy »

where you going matey? that's a shame...mind you it would've beenone lessthing to trip over in my drunken state that evening haha...