faulty Engine update

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
haydn_gnarlerboy
Car(s): Crap 2.0 laser capri, fully modded and fully falling apart.
3.5 V8 Ford Popular (mainly daily driver)
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

faulty Engine update

Post by haydn_gnarlerboy »

sorry all that it's been so long- havent had time for anything recently including the capri that's still needing an MOT...

but thought you'd all like to know the current state of play with this faulty engine from the garage...

Basically it was sent back over 6 months ago for them to fix, they rang me the other saturday and said they arent going to fix it now because apparantly I posted some stuff on this website about them they didnt like.
Well I can't find the posts they're on about................

But anyways I said in that case I'll just take them to court so that's what I've done.

I get free solicitor advice through my health care program at work, which is pretty good.

I've been told that I've got a valid case and since they're a company I shouldnt have any trouble getting my money back, and even if I had posted something on a public website it won't count against me, which is good!

WIll take some time, but hopefully I'll be about 950 quid better off within a few months.

It's a shame it had to come to this, but yeah, so that's what's been going on.
mcramsay
Car(s): 1.6 bmw mini cooper(daily driver), capri 2.0s (restoration project)

Re: faulty Engine update

Post by mcramsay »

i dont get it, they built you an engine that they obviously didnt do propperly, it didnt last atall, where as the pinto in my car has done 160 000 miles and is still going strong, they fucked up why cant they accept that? and what are you going to say to people when a company build you an engine that fucks up? your not exactly going to sing their prase are you? i mean if you get a bad product from a company it makes the company look bad, and through word of mouth it could seriously ruin there company, but if they build you a bad engine, and then put their hands up and admit they were wrong and sort you a new engine out pronto you are going to be chuffed that they are sorting it out for you. i mean how does it look for the company when they are being taken to court? and to be honest what the hell is 950 quid to a company? i say get them for all they are worth, and once you get your money from them, banter there name around the internet saying how crap they are, make a face book group!! and to be honest did you sign a contract with the company saying you coulnt forumulate and then spread your opinion of there work? get them for all they are worth mate, you will get your money back,
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Fucking carrot crunchers.

If they are reading this, great business acumen guys, hope you go bust you shower of bastards.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Faust
Car(s): Modified Ford Sierra XR4x4... Trying to save up for Capri number 4!

Post by Faust »

Good to see that you aren't taking any crap from this company! Get all you can out of the buggers!
haydn_gnarlerboy
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

Well it lasted 162 miles before it sprang a hole in the block. Eventually I got them to say they'd fix that for me, unfortunately for them in writing and more than once...this is an engine that was rebuilt and had done 'one race'....I've never had a hole appear in any of my pintos but there we are..

I kept the head in case they tried to stitch me up but then noticed one of the valves was buggered because they hadnt tightened the retainer ball properly and the clearance had opened right up, cam was fucked too...no wonder it was so tappy whilst it was running!

So I bought a new valve and cam only to find out they'd fitted 44.5mm valves to it and not the 45.5mm ones the ebay auction stated it had- which I am glad to say ebay keeps a record of in case this thing happens :). Which is just a down right lie- and illegal- and totally provable! So sent them the head back too for fixing too....

Now they've obviously realised it's gonna cost more than 800 to put right and are just thinking I'm going to give up and go away and let them have my 800 quid and 100 odd for shipping...think again fellas! But now you're going to be paying the 80 odd quid court fees too, and if it goes to court, which I kinda hope it does, a nice trip up to northampton potentially according to the paperwork I've recieved....
Faust

Post by Faust »

It's outrageous that people try to get away with that sort of thing!

As I intimated earlier, respect to you for standing up for your rights. Let us know how you get on...
mcramsay
Car(s): 1.6 bmw mini cooper(daily driver), capri 2.0s (restoration project)

Post by mcramsay »

power to the people! :shock: who do these people think they are trying to mess with a member of the ford capri laser board, time to pop a cap in their ass mutthha fukkaaa (added that bit for dramatic effect):D
Faust

Post by Faust »

Time for your medication, methinks! :D
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Post by rich_jc »

Good on you Haydn, a company should expect a bad rep if they mess their customers about. Just think, if the engine hadn't bust, you would never have known your valves were smaller than they were supposed to be.

Let us all know how the case goes.

Rich
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Good on ya buddy! keep us posted!
haydn_gnarlerboy

I will do. Actually looking forwards to the closure it's been a matter of great stress over the past year all of this stuff.
I never wanted the engine back in the first place just the money so I guess because of their lies and inability to co-operative it's given me enough reason to go for the refund. trading standards always stated that I must try at all times to reach an amicable arrangement and been seen to be doing it before a court would even accept the case. Well they have so I guess I did.
A company is within it's right to offer a repair or replacement before a refund depending upon what is cheaper for them. So I was stuck with that before, and I couldnt have used the engine they sent back, would've been to risky to spend days fitting it just to find it was faulty again, or worse, sell it on to someone who had that happen to them. So alls well that ends well.
no2lurch
Car(s): BMW e30 325i Touring

Post by no2lurch »

what you need is judge judy!
Please sponsor me in the Wolverhampton Half Marathon on 6th September 2009 and the Leicester Full Marathon on 11th October 2009 at http://www.justgiving.com/neildalby All money goes to SANDS in memory of our angels. Thank you.