capri maintenance

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Suzette Bullock

capri maintenance

Post by Suzette Bullock »

Is there anywhere that runs a course on car/capri maintenance where I can learn the basics and maybe the not so basics in order to keep my 'baby' running. Please bear in mind that I am a qualified teacher who was talked out of being a mechanic at the age of 15 by my careers officer and having now left the profession, would like to pursue my earlier dreams !
andrew chalmers

Untitled

Post by andrew chalmers »

Most night schools seem to run these "basics" courses. Some are even targetted specifically at women, I know one girl who went but it was REALLY basic.
The good thing about a capri is that you can get a haynes manual and start small, working up as you gain confidence. If you start doing your own servicing / Tuning things quickly fall into place.

And dont believe careers teachers, i wanted to be a Rock Star and they talked me out of that !!!!
guitarswet

Capri maintenance

Post by guitarswet »

Hopefully you will find my service guide useful as it covers pretty much everything to keep your Capri going. You must have a copy of the Haynes manual and some basic tools. The only way to learn is to have a go so to begin with, it would help if you can get a friend who is mechanical minded to show you how it's done. Unfortunately you do have to be quite strong to accomplish some of the more involved tasks so know your limits. I have reached the limit of my stregth on occasion and I'm a 14st. bloke!
su bullock

response to andrew chalmers

Post by su bullock »

thanks for your message. have strated doing bits and pieces to my Capri, but I must admit, I left the rear axle refitting to someone else. Sorry you never made it as a rock star, but then I suppose you weren't told as I was that being a mechanic was an unsuitable job for one of our gals"!
Cheers, suzette