celebrity ford capri owners

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Clare

celebrity ford capri owners

Post by Clare »

Can anyone help me find out which celebrities own ford capris. I'm writing an article for a newspaper.
Rob

The professionals!!

Post by Rob »

Don't know if they still have them though!
Craig

Untitled

Post by Craig »

No they don't. Last i heard ASJ in Beeston, Nottingham had them both, but i think they may have sold them now.
Marco

Capri Celebrities

Post by Marco »

Two German Capri-Celebrities:

-Former Ice Hockey Player Erich Kuehnhackl
owned a MK3 S-Capri

-Former Athletics-Star Heide Rosendahl,
owned a RS2600

Both had them adevertising for Ford an definitely don£t own them any more.

Cheers
Marco
xxx
Marco

Details on two of their Capris...

Post by Marco »

...VHK11W and VHK12W can be found on Dave Matthews Page www.carnford.u-net.com ...great page for profs-fans like me, btw.

The Capris are dealt with under CARPOOL.

Cheers
Marco
xxx
Marco

What about Terry McCann?

Post by Marco »

The series MINDER has to be one of the best tributes the Capri is likely to get televisionwise !!!

Cheers
Marco
xxx
guitarswet

A couple of others...

Post by guitarswet »

Del Boy and Rodney upgraded their Relient Robin for a metallic green Ford Capri Ghia in the final series of Only Fools and Horses.

John Barnes the ex-England footballer owned a Ford Capri Injection Special at one stage during his career.

The Ford Capri has also made several appearances on British TV including at least two stories of 'Touch of Frost' again starring David Jason (does he have a sof spot for Capris).

A recent Royal Bank of Scotland advert has a brown MK1 Capri as the star.
Noel

and another one

Post by Noel »

there was a black Capri of some kind parked in Albert Square on Eastenders last night.
Craig

Which reminds me.....

Post by Craig »

..... i cant remember their names but there was two guys who used to be in Eastenders that had a capri. One of the guys was Welsh and the other was Black, i think one of them may have been called lenny ?? I belive they lived in a squat with robbie for a while....
Noel

none

Post by Noel »

I think we've all got carried away here.

Clare's original question was about which celebrities currently own Capris (I think) and (unfortunately) all we've come up with are celebritry Capris themselves or celebrities who used to own them.

I don't think there are any are there? Unless perhaps someone can exclusively reveal that some former luminary like Bernie Winters or Jim Bowen keeps one in his garage.

Maybe the celebs need to 'outed' ha ha!
tony

brookside

Post by tony »

ron dixon in brookside owns an immaculate 2.8 special...usually seen in most episodes...
richard gillick

Coronation Street

Post by richard gillick »

In Coronation Street,Natalie Barnes had a drug dealing son who owned a mint black 2.8 special which seemed to be in Kevin's garage a lot. Did Kevin have a soft spot for it?
ciaranf

weetabix ad

Post by ciaranf »

There was a silver one used In a weetabix ad this time last year. It was seen airbourne coming off a hump back bridge with a priest behind the wheel.
Brian Walker

Cliff Richard + Steve Berry + Frank Warne

Post by Brian Walker »

Cliff richard owned a 2.8i
It is now based in perth (scotland) area
It was recently featured in the a Scottish motoring
program (wheelnuts)

Steve Berry the top gear presenter did a Capri feature
for top gear. He ended by saying he had a 2.8I

Frank Warne the boxing promoter had a white Tickford.
STEVE

THE BULL****TER'S

Post by STEVE »

THE COMIC STRIP PRESENT'S ,THEY HAD A 28i SPECIAL
(WHITE) .
IT WAS A FUNNY TALE OF THE PROFESSIONAL'S CALLED
THE BULL****ER'S
Doctorrock

the bass-player of Guano Apes

Post by Doctorrock »

Don't know if you know them, they are a gemran crossover band and had hits like "Open your eyes" or "Lords of the boards" or they covered "Big in Japan". Their bass player owned a MKII Capri 1600 in green i think. It was sold on www.mobile.de some months ago.