12th May Capri club International show

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:23 pm

So just putting out there who is going as this is a great show and I have heard there will be a special prize this year .
Andrew we both get there the same time almost but I can pm you mobile number so we can park up again together mate that's if your going ?
so names down who will be going .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:45 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:so names down who will be going .
I'll definitely be going.
How about meeting at the services (BP?) just off J9 of the M5? We can then convoy up the A46 to the venue.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Funny just pm you I don’t touch the M5 as I go up the m40 from London . Then the A46 across ? So perhaps meet up on the A46 ?

I will have to look for a garage or service station .

Image
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:05 pm

There’s Evesham golf place in the car park we could all meet up from ?

The arrow is the road that goes in to Capri club from the south side . About a 1 mile away

Image
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5955
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by andyd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:There’s Evesham golf place in the car park we could all meet up from ?
As long as you don't play a round :lol: :whistle:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:There’s Evesham golf place in the car park we could all meet up from ?
That sounds good to me!
What's the situation with the forum banner, are we using it?

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:44 pm

We can do I think young peter has it so will have to run down and get that as it should fit in the Capri ? And then return it to peter when we do the deal show .
Is that ok Peter :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:We can do I think young peter has it so will have to run down and get that as it should fit in the Capri ?
It won't be worth taking the banner if it's just me and you though. We might give the forum a bad name...... :burnout:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special. Weekly driver to every few days.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Taff50ish » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 pm

I will be there at some point, I’ll be driving up the M40... If this helps........??? Looking forward to this...

Cheers....

John...

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1517
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Caprifan Rob » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:We can do I think young peter has it so will have to run down and get that as it should fit in the Capri ?
It won't be worth taking the banner if it's just me and you though. We might give the forum a bad name...... :burnout:

Andrew.
I’m up for this, could meet up on way Andrew & join Jason/ John later :drive:

User avatar
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Posts: 6525
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:57 am
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Peter-S » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:56 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:We can do I think young peter has it so will have to run down and get that as it should fit in the Capri ? And then return it to peter when we do the deal show .
Is that ok Peter :beer:
Young? :proof: :D

I'm unlikely to be at the CCI show so yes Jason, you're welcome to pick it up, it's not big.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:38 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:I’m up for this, could meet up on way Andrew & join Jason/ John later :drive:
That sounds like a great plan Rob.
We'll discuss details closer to the time.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:27 am

Taff50ish wrote:I will be there at some point, I’ll be driving up the M40... If this helps........??? Looking forward to this...

Cheers....

John...
That’s great John yes we will be going M40 I guess we will leave home at 6am as normal to meet at the golf course at say 9am ?
Does that sound like a plan .( also I can check out that new Tank & paint work )

And yes peter if there a few of us I will pop down and get the banner if that’s ok mate .

Glad will meet up with Rob at long last so that’s 4 of us .... :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by D366Y » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 am

Unfortunately I'm either in Amsterdam that day or will be back late the day before so might have to miss this one I'm afraid!

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm

D366Y wrote:Unfortunately I'm either in Amsterdam that day or will be back late the day before so might have to miss this one I'm afraid!
Long way to go for a red bulb Dan :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by D366Y » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
D366Y wrote:Unfortunately I'm either in Amsterdam that day or will be back late the day before so might have to miss this one I'm afraid!
Long way to go for a red bulb Dan :lol:
Worth it!! :lol:

User avatar
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special. Weekly driver to every few days.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Taff50ish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi all,

Yep, could meet up with some folks, but I don’t think it will be that early for me I’m afraid... But as they say, watch this space!!! If you (Danny) fancy going up later on maybe if you can make it????

OK, who mentioned the paint work??? Unfortunately Jason, you’re correct, I had to finally get a bit of work done, but I’ll do a new post for this, now the cats out of the bag!!!! Next week though as I’m still away in Germany tonight, a little place called VohenstrauB doing my yearly WWII stuff..... about 5 countries so far and counting in 8 days so far..... Cheers all for now,

John...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Taff50ish wrote:Hi all,

Yep, could meet up with some folks, but I don’t think it will be that early for me I’m afraid... But as they say, watch this space!!! If you (Danny) fancy going up later on maybe if you can make it????

OK, who mentioned the paint work??? Unfortunately Jason, you’re correct, I had to finally get a bit of work done, but I’ll do a new post for this, now the cats out of the bag!!!! Next week though as I’m still away in Germany tonight, a little place called VohenstrauB doing my yearly WWII stuff..... about 5 countries so far and counting in 8 days so far..... Cheers all for now,

John...
Sorry yes I did let the cat out the bag :doh: , but I here on the grape vine it looks “ Bang Tidy “ or as they would say during the war loose talk costs lives “ have a good time mate and hope to catch up .
Jason
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:07 am

Jasonmarie wrote:Sorry yes I did let the cat out the bag :doh:
Ooops! That's the last time Nick tells you anything in confidence.... :D
I hope John is having a nice break and I look forward to reading his thread on the paintwork when he gets back.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2402
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: 12th May Capri club International show

Post by Jasonmarie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:Sorry yes I did let the cat out the bag :doh:
Ooops! That's the last time Nick tells you anything in confidence.... :D
I hope John is having a nice break and I look forward to reading his thread on the paintwork when he gets back.

Andrew.
I never mention that nick said that John dresses up in WW2 outfits out in Europe so I did not let the full story out :doh: pants I did it again saying that Dan with one Capri does dress up in ww2 outfits and he looks really good . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

Post Reply