The Ace Cafe Capri Day 2018 UPDATE 2/8/18

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: The Ace Cafe Capri Day 2018 UPDATE

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi.

Well only two more sleeps till The Ace :)

Guys its gonna be a hot one so bring suncream if like me you suffer from sunburn and a hat too !!!

Right for those chaps wanting to meet up for a little convoy to The Ace from South Mimms Services the plan is simple. Talking with John we aim to leave there at about 1030. No point getting to The Ace too soon before 11am as we just cant get in and could end up clogging up the road outside. We just want to arrive after 11am so we can drive straight in and park up !

When you turn into the services at South Mimns drive straight down to the far end towards the exit and park up there. There is usually more space down that end beside the exit so is a good spot to park up and meet !

So really lookiing forward to seeing everyone. Should be a cracking day. When i last looked think the carpark list had filled up with late reservations so should be near on 42 capris which i think is the limit.

So as said pretty simple really... meet at South Mimms to be setting off for about 1030. Methinks Jason is getting there a bit earlier as he has the dreaded Dartford Crossing to get through so he is taking a leaf out of my book and getting there extra early :) I might aim to get there about 0930-0945 to have a coffee with him and his dad so any time from 0930 onwards I would guess.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again :)

Anyway until then Sat.....

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: The Ace Cafe Capri Day 2018 UPDATE 2/8/18

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes going to be a hot one and as nick said the Dartford tunnel has been held up everyday so going to leave early and have a coffee before hand at south mins .

See you all Saturday at the Ace Cafe
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Hi Nick etc, will be there Sat at South Mimms, looking forward to it as it will be the first Capri event I have attended!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Yes going to be a hot one and as nick said the Dartford tunnel has been held up everyday so going to leave early and have a coffee before hand at south mins .
Nice one Jason. I will prob get there not long after you mate. South Mimms is only 15mins from me if that at that time of the morning. Looking forward to seeing you. I am getting hungry thinking of the Extra Large Ace Full English now :)
tejb1 wrote:Hi Nick etc, will be there Sat at South Mimms, looking forward to it as it will be the first Capri event I have attended!
Brilliant Tom. Be great to see you fella. The Ace should be a cracking day. Its great you have decided to pop along to a meet at last Tom. Your Capri is lovely mate. Nice one ! See you Sat.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Have a great time at the ACE, weather looking good, looking forward to the photos :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:Have a great time at the ACE, weather looking good, looking forward to the photos :cheers:
Cheers Rob. Just in from work and really looking forward to it ! Should be a cracking day and a great meet up with forum members and other Capri folk....and its The Ace Cafe :D
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Wonderful day and really great to put so many faces to names! Tho I'm rather sunburnt now...