Battlesbridge Car Shows

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
oldfords
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia Dressed as an "s"

Battlesbridge Car Shows

Post by oldfords »

Just a quick heads up for those in the South/M25 area there are 3 Classic Car shows at Battlesbridge on the calendar for this year.
Classic Car and Autojumble 13.05.18
Classic Ford and Autojumble 12.08.18
Grand Motorbilia Day 30.09.18

All the shows are worth a visit and to show a car is a £5 for a car,driver and 1 passenger so a bit of a bargain if you book in to park on the main show field.
Needs to be booked 2 weeks in advance via the web page

http://www.battlesbridge.com/events

I met Fordoholic Nick and John at the classic Ford show last year and they can vouch that's its worthwhile time well spent.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51569

Hopefully I will be there for all 3 shows either on the Kent's Classic stand or as a single entry.

Jeff
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Battlesbridge Car Shows

Post by andyd »

Still amazes me how we have to pay to show our cars, but the public often get in cheaper or free :roll:

If we didn't attend there wouldn't be these great events :!:

Anyway, have a good one if you go :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Jeff.

Great to hear from you fella. Hope all is good.

Thanks for posting up the dates for Classic Ford Battlesbridge. What a show this is. As you said deffo worth getting along to this one.

Jeff I have put 12th Aug in my work diary. I am bleedin working this day but now I know the date I will get on the case to swap my rest days so I can hopefully make it. John I am sure will not miss this too !! Be good to get into the show this time. If I can make it be great to meet up again and of course see your fantadtic 3.0S :)

All the best Jeff

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
oldfords
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia Dressed as an "s"

Post by oldfords »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Jeff.

Great to hear from you fella. Hope all is good.

Thanks for posting up the dates for Classic Ford Battlesbridge. What a show this is. As you said deffo worth getting along to this one.

Jeff I have put 12th Aug in my work diary. I am bleedin working this day but now I know the date I will get on the case to swap my rest days so I can hopefully make it. John I am sure will not miss this too !! Be good to get into the show this time. If I can make it be great to meet up again and of course see your fantadtic 3.0S :)

All the best Jeff

Nick
Top Man...Hopefully we can get together over the show season and do a couple of drive downs together to events like Capri's at the Ace etc or I will just whizz around the M25 on a Sunday morning and we can tear up the A1 for a laugh and breakfast somewhere...Keep me posted on the Classic Ford dates and we can sort something out nearer the time....Cheers
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

oldfords wrote:Top Man...Hopefully we can get together over the show season and do a couple of drive downs together to events like Capri's at the Ace etc or I will just whizz around the M25 on a Sunday morning and we can tear up the A1 for a laugh and breakfast somewhere...Keep me posted on the Classic Ford dates and we can sort something out nearer the time....Cheers
Nice one Jeff, sounds like a good plan...ermm...except the part of trying to keep up with you "tearing up the A1" in your 3.0S and no doubt John in his 2.8i Special. I normally don't do "tearing"...more like "trundling"...just ask John :o :lol:

But yep be great to try to meet up and convoy to a show or breakfast meet. I hope my job don't fuck me up so much this year as it did with a lot of shows/breakfast meets last year. Here's hoping to a great show season :D

All the best Jeff

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi All,

I'm up for a Convoy any time!!! I do Hammer up the A1 to Cambridge in the Cappa now n then....

I will definately be going to the Battlesbridge Classic Ford Show again, this must be about the best on the calander in my opinion!!! Always think about the other classic shows at battlesbridge, but always seem to be busy... But I will let you know if this changes!!!! Cheers,

John...
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I’ll be at these shows as well. Jeff, I believe will be on our club stand? Hopefully!
Look forward to swing you all!